Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everton will be rightly seething. game should have been out of sight in first half when we failed to turn up and they ran riot yet scored only one. then they have two perfectly good goals rued out.

still, what a turnaround in the second half. ba - awesome. i feel a bit for cisse. he went close with two efforts that'd found the net last season.

shame about marveaux - looked utter dogshit. anita looks very ordinary so far too.

Did you watch the match? have you seen the highlights? 2 clear goals disallowed

have to say aswell, Newcastle only sold half their allocation, pretty shit for 'best fans in the country'

We had one cleared off the line too remember and Cisse and Ben Arfa had glorious chances that they easily have the quality to bury 9 times out of 10. No one would disagree you were unlucky not to win though.

Got every right to be as Dr Gloom agree's.

I agree too. You'll were the better team by far in the first half and should have had 1 if not 2 goals in the second half.

Having said that, you'll should have also seen out the game after scoring the second.

Whole team looked utter dogshit in the first half tbh.

Also, Marveaux has always looked more comfortable on the left.

He hardly got the ball in the first half as well, and has never looked comfortable defending, so I guess it's a little unfair to say he was bad.

Edited by IndianMag

Whole team looked utter dogshit in the first half tbh.

True, but marveaux was the pick of the bunch. Horror show. Shame really - I was hoping he would step up and deliver on a rare PL start.

On the plus side. Perch looked more like the player we saw last season in the second half. Should play number two to Tiote as defensive midfielder ahead of Anita on this evidence. cabaye looked much better second half too.

Santon our best player over 90 minutes, Ba our best over 45. Nice cameo from super shola too. Quality assist.

I agree too. You'll were the better team by far in the first half and should have had 1 if not 2 goals in the second half.

Having said that, you'll should have also seen out the game after scoring the second.

Agreed, our problem, we'd have won if we went in 2-0 HT

Usual posters writing players off tbh, its as though last season didnt happen.

Are you not a tad disappointed with our summer outlay on the season's evidence so far? Anita, our biggest signing, has been pretty average. Early days obviously; not writing him off yet, just saying it how I see it.

Marveaux is a player I want to see do well, he's looked exciting in glimpses and we could do with more tricky wingers, but you can't deny he was awful.

On the plus side, it was good to see our spirit we showed last season is still intact and pardew's still capable of changing the game.

What a massive difference from the first half to the second.

As soon as Ba came on, the game changed unbelievably and was a joy to watch.

We all know our performance was negative in the first half but the second half was one of the best games I've seen for a while from both teams.

Everton won;t play much better than they did in this game, if at all and they are a really good unit...but we have proved, even with a makeshift side, that we can go to a place like that, which is no easy feat...and come away with our heads held high, when it looked like we were lambs to the slaughter.

I feel a bit sorry for Everton in a way because they were robbed of victory with an offside goal

that clearly was a goal and the ball over the line which, again, was clearly a goal, yet it's swings and roundabouts and we have had the same done to us.

All in all, a shit first half ..and a second half that was a joy to watch, even though it's not good for your health. :D

Only Marveaux's second start in the league, give him and Pardew a bit more time, i know he's been here a while but he needs game time. Personally i'd like to see him on the wing with 2 strikers up top but he seems to be used a bit differently for now.

I think Anita looks decent, i dont form my opinion on a player on the basis of them making a couple of mistakes otherwise i'd be critical of Ben Arfa, which i'm not.

Just got home.

As I said pre match, wasnt probably the best game for Marveaux and Ferguson should have started on the left with HBA on the right, first half. I would also have dropped Cisse and not Ba.

Thankfully we managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat.

I can't tell if CT is actually being serious now, or whether he's just being a WUM.

Aye I know. Ferguson hasn't shown anything yet to show that he's ready to start a game like that for us.

Also if it was Ben Arfa that put in Marveaux's performance around January time he would be slating him.

Only Marveaux's second start in the league, give him and Pardew a bit more time, i know he's been here a while but he needs game time. Personally i'd like to see him on the wing with 2 strikers up top but he seems to be used a bit differently for now.

I think Anita looks decent, i dont form my opinion on a player on the basis of them making a couple of mistakes otherwise i'd be critical of Ben Arfa, which i'm not.

Totally agree with you. Especially about Anita, seems a lot on here are going way OTT about him. He's still young, adapting to a new league and a new team. It's well early days yet.

Likewise with Marveaux, in hindsight that wasn't the right sort of game to try him in that role. He'll shine in home games against weaker opposition without a doubt, it's just building up his confidence, as like Ben Arfa last season he has had a long lay off and due to that is still adapting to a new footballing culture.

have to say aswell, Newcastle only sold half their allocation, pretty shit for 'best fans in the country'

Want some cheese with that whine? It was only one clear goal disallowed anyway, Fellatio's. The other one should never have happened in the first place because it wasn't a foul that gave you the free kick leading to it. I don't see what you're moaning about, a draw was a fair result, we could have had a couple more in the second half, same as you could have in the first half. Enjoy it for what it was, if the ref had waved play on when Ben Arfa was charging in instead of pulling the game back after your supposed goal you could have lost 3-2.

No mention of that advantage not being played for Ben Arfa? The fact that it was never a free-kick in the first place for the Anichebe one?

Also you're calling people childish and immature yet come on and try and have a dig at our supporters.

No mention of that advantage not being played for Ben Arfa? The fact that it was never a free-kick in the first place for the Anichebe one?

Also you're calling people childish and immature yet come on and try and have a dig at our supporters.

Free kicks get given for bad decisions all the time, a newcastle fan called up five live after the game complaining about the ben afra incident and was quickly shut up by the prestenter 'if it was the other way round and been able to carry on you'd be ringing up complaining' so wind your neck in