Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good interview from pardew on sky. Definitely not pleased with the first half, but not just the personnel/formation he wanted to change, but the attitude, which to me must be harder to change at half time. Good half time from him, good second half from us.

Great assist from the Mackem Slayer.

Pardiola worked wonders at half time by changing anita and Jonas over to the right and putting Perchinio in DM. All of them performed so much better. Anita should be starting at RB for me . Thought Taylor looked solid today. Arguably should have done a bit better for the goal but it was a great finish. Santon was quality too.

Harper was brilliant today. No chance with goals, dominant in the air and 2 great savres.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Pardiola worked wonders at half time by changing anita and Jonas over to the right and putting Perchinio in DM. All of them performed so much better. Anita should be starting at RB for me . Thought Taylor looked solid today. Arguably should have done a bit better for the goal but it was a great finish. Santon was quality too.

Harper was brilliant today. No chance with goals, dominant in the air and 2 great savres.

I thought Krul would've saved the first one and he's still falling to the ground for the second now.

I thought Harper looked his age for their second tbh. No reflexes at all.

On sky Pardew said something along the lines of him really being a bit annoyed at not playing, having played great in training. Can't remember if he specifically said annoyed at not playing or not coming on though. Anyway, to me it sounded more like Pardew didn't want to put him on rather than Obertan refusing to play.

Be awesome though if we could get rid of him if he did refuse to come on.

And Tooj, great pic, is he ever not smiling these days?!

Edited by Bonamental

Judging by the Pardew interview it doesn't sound true, he said Obi was stung by not getting on or words to that effect, would have damned him if he'd refused to go on surely (insert shrugging emoticon here)

Yeah, particularly as he wasn't exactly backwards in saying how poor we were first half.

Edited by Bonamental

Great great point! Someone made a very good point about how Newcastle of 2-3 years ago would not have the belief to come back from a goal down at a place like Goodison Park against a very good Everton team.

All in all, will take the point, we have 5 points in 4 games. Let's not forget that we have 3 very difficult fixtures out of the way though - Tot(h), Che (a) and Eve(a). We now have a reasonably easy run of fixtures where we can look to accumulate points.

Absolute tactical masterclass from Pards. The change of formation and Anita at RB, Perch in CM. Even though it is early days, Anita looks much better at RB. Never been a big fan of Perchinho at full-back, some of his worst displays have been in this position. I think he should play as cover for CM and CB, but shouldn't be considered in a full-back position before Anita.

Defence looked shaky. Taylor has looked a little slow on the turn since his comeback, Williamson was quite sluggish, but Santon was the boss today. Defended fantastically and was a real threat going forward, even though he should work on his final ball a little more.

Benny looked a little off-colour today, but that's ok, he's entitled to the odd off game. I fully expect him to run Norwich ragged on the weekend.

Papiss wasn't at his best, but he will be back. Every striker in the world goes through some barren phases, and this is hardly a phase is it? It has just been 5 odd games without a goal for Papiss. Felt his movement was better than the previous 3 games though.

Ba! What a player. He looked energetic, strong, held up play brilliantly, made some fantastic runs.

We still haven't seen Ba and Cisse at their best together. Can you imagine what will happen if they peak at the same time? I reckon Premiership defences will surely be quaking their boots. :thumbup::wank:

whoever is happy with signing Anita instead of that RB and CB make yourselves known !

I thought Anita looked alright there second half, you'd expect Debuchy to have been a lot better but i reckon Anita is going to show he is a better deep lying midfielder than Debuchy eventually ;)