Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

Yes it is, you cannot "put a decent shift in" in a 10 minute time killing exercise at the end of games wise up.

Sammy's played slightly more actually, but again no one is championing him to start ahead of Jonas/HBA/Marveux on the sides, infact people barely mention him other than "he's looked alright and he's seems like a nice lad" where as you think Shane is some superstar kid who has earnt a shot and has a lot more to his game than he actually does.

Vuckic has arguably shown more than those two and you aren't saying same for him, it's fine "liking" a player and even having a bit of bias, but your patter for him is ludicrous.

"I think had Ferguson played instead of Marveaux and HBA kept his normal position, we would have been better."

There is absolutely no foundation whatsoever to place that comment on, and you're forgetting he was supposedly a left full back anyway, would you oust Santon for him?

;)And Sammy is a left footer as well isn't he? i think he's got a bit more guile to his game he's had more game time maybe he should start ahead of Shane eh? :

Most of this post is just tedious stuff, however the highlighted part makes total sense.

It is a fact we are weak on the left. This is why Pardew tried to address the problem last night by playing Ben Arfa there. Virtually every time Ferguson has played it has been as a left winger and not left back so he is obviously a contender to solve that problem.

The reason he gets more of a shout from me is due to the position / problem he could possibly solve, where as the likes of Vukic plays in a position where we are quite strong.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldnt have accpeted the full allocation for last night, not with it being Monday night game on the box. When the club get a choice they always accpet the lower allocation. If we'd have failed to sell out our allocation there wouldve been a few stragglers sitting in the upper Bullens. And was Idioteque actually there himself or did he find something better to do with his time like the easier option of sitting at home/going to the pub to watch the game? :P

I've had a season ticket for the past 15 years thanks

You don't exactly take many on your euro trips either I seem to remember from your qualifier

Did you take thousands to Sigma Olomouc like?

Not sure what the allocation is, but I went to Liege, Alkmaar, Benfica and Nuremberg and we took at least 6k to each when we only got 1.8-4k tickets

Sold out our allocation for Ukraine when you had to pay for a visa too

Not sure what the allocation is, but I went to Liege, Alkmaar, Benfica and Nuremberg and we took at least 6k to each when we only got 1.8-4k tickets

I'm talking about the comparable qualifier to the one you're having a pop about though.

Not that I give a shit...I do 1 or 2 away games a season, if I'm lucky.

so come back after maritimo, bordeaux and brugge

Seriously though this whole attendance thing is boring as fuck and I don't understand why you're coming on here being all antagonistic after last night.

Hardly our fault that the ref was shite is it?

You took a huge 10 to Sigma Olomouc according to efc website Blue Kipper :lol:

http://www.bluekipper.com/match/2010/78-sk_sigma_olomouc_vs_everton/away/andysrankin.html

I can't remember but Liege the year before we took at least 6000 when we only got 1.8k tickets

Belgium is a piece of fuckin piss to get to, Birmingham took 5000 to Bruges last season ffs. That proves fuck all. EFC are like us, a good away following. Although with your "glorious past" you should have a good following. Who'd bother to follow a side thats won nowt for over 40 years? ;)

Agreed...especially with 7000 empty seats at home ;)

I thought Ajax Andy and Idieoteque both lived in the North East?.....good on the latter if he keeps his ST going and attends Monday night games that are shown on tv if thats the case. If not, and he lives on Merseyside, am wondering what he's doing on here in the first place?...free country like, but still...strange...

Show some restraint man.

You've always came across as a really decent lad on here, which is why I find this total out of character.

Definitely your Falling Down moment. ;):lol:

Seriously though this whole attendance thing is boring as fuck and I don't understand why you're coming on here being all antagonistic after last night.

Hardly our fault that the ref was shite is it?

The over the line "incident" was so quick and close that it's prefectly undertsandable that the linesman missed it, without technology it will always happen, they'll err on the side of caution unless they are 100% sure.

As for the offside, that also is perfectly understandable, in real time it looked offside, it was only in slow motion with the line thing drawn in that he looked onside, played on by Taylors heel (don't they usually draw that line down the centre of the body?), which was moving fast in the opposite direction as they crossed. The Lino would have seen Mopheed's body behind Taylor and thus flagged, was a marginal decision and nowhere near the "howler" category.

The only "howler" decision all game was stopping HBA on the break, having not given the "goal" (which is simply akin IMO to not giving a blatant penalty) they played on, he should NEVER have blown up.

Edited by Toonpack

Yeah I live and work up here... I didn't go to the match tho and as I don't have sky had to listen to the whole thing on Radio 5 live. So I'm going to stay out of any match debates other than to say I saw all 3 disallowed goals on sky sports news this morning and it's safe to say the officials got one right and 2 wrong. We should have won but then again we should have had a bit more about us after Anichebe's goal and not conceeded straight after so the team is just as culpable as the officials IMO.

Anyone who watched it get a good look at Mirelles? From what I heard on the radio he had a storming 1st half?

Andy/Idioteque

I was sat with two Evertonians last night and they said that the two disallowed goals would overshadow the real issue for efc at the moment, Tim Howard. He shouldve saved the first one thats for sure, but theyve always said hes crap. They rolled out some of his his fuck ups eg v Chelsea in the cup final and v Liverpool last season, as well as him making mistakes in every game this season so far apparently. What are your thoughts?....

A3Bw2ZgCUAA85Yb.jpg

xmIv1.png

The ball has to completely cross the line. Those photos look like it just about crossed the line, it wasn't like it was a yard behind.

Still a goal though either way.

But it should never have been a free kick ;)

Andy/Idioteque

I was sat with two Evertonians last night and they said that the two disallowed goals would overshadow the real issue for efc at the moment, Tim Howard. He shouldve saved the first one thats for sure, but theyve always said hes crap. They rolled out some of his his fuck ups eg v Chelsea in the cup final and v Liverpool last season, as well as him making mistakes in every game this season so far apparently. What are your thoughts?....

I hate it when people slate Howard tbh... every keeper makes mistakes every now and then and tbh Howard is no exception, however he's a top class keeper and I really think we'd be hard pushed to get anyone better.

I wouldn't say he was at fault for both goals either, but thought he probably should have saved the 1st and I think the 2nd he could have done better but he thought Ba was going to get more of a connection on it and when he didn't it fooled him and was already too late to react. It certainly wasn't his finest game judging by those goals, but he saves us more often than he lets us down IMO.

I think we were spoilt by Nigel Martin who rarely made mistakes and was as solid as they come, but thinking back to the likes we had before that I am glad we have Howard.

We also don't have much money to spend every year and there are other areas that need strengthening long before the GK position... so no I don't agree with them at all. Howard is a class keeper who once or twice a season lets us down, the rest of the time he's quality.

I hate it when people slate Howard tbh... every keeper makes mistakes every now and then and tbh Howard is no exception, however he's a top class keeper and I really think we'd be hard pushed to get anyone better.

I wouldn't say he was at fault for both goals either, but thought he probably should have saved the 1st and I think the 2nd he could have done better but he thought Ba was going to get more of a connection on it and when he didn't it fooled him and was already too late to react. It certainly wasn't his finest game judging by those goals, but he saves us more often than he lets us down IMO.

I think we were spoilt by Nigel Martin who rarely made mistakes and was as solid as they come, but thinking back to the likes we had before that I am glad we have Howard.

We also don't have much money to spend every year and there are other areas that need strengthening long before the GK position... so no I don't agree with them at all. Howard is a class keeper who once or twice a season lets us down, the rest of the time he's quality.

You mean crap goalies like Neville Southall?

Guest CabayeAye

The ball has to completely cross the line. Those photos look like it just about crossed the line, it wasn't like it was a yard behind.

Still a goal though either way.

But it should never have been a free kick ;)

People are forgetting this. It was a truly awful decision to award the free kick in the first place. Notwithstanding that the absolute worst case of refusing to play advantage in the history of football about 10 seconds later too.

That has to go down as one of the all time poor reffing displays we've had, right up there with Andre Mariner, Howard Webb and Uriah Rennie.