The Mentalists of Toontastic

Christmas Tree

This place seems to have died on its arse lately and I would be interested to hear opinions as to why?

Possible contenders are;

People now prefer twitter.

Those who post on two forums now just prefer Newcastle - Online.

Too much moderation.

Too little moderation.

Bannings.

Too much talk of Shane.

Too much infighting.

etc etc

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically a lot of the members that used to keep the place ticking over in the old days have stopped posting.

Alex

Gemmill

Dotbum

Manc-mag

SLP (although he visits every now and again)

Craig

There's loads more but you get what I mean.

You overstating a problem

the place always get quiet during international breaks.

the match thread last night was just fine.

Thats your opinion which is fine, but Im not. :)

As a regular I have watched the place decline over the last year, however the last month six weeks this has turned into a slump. Just interested to hear what peoples views are.

Basically a lot of the members that used to keep the place ticking over in the old days have stopped posting.

Alex

Gemmill

Dotbum

Manc-mag

SLP (although he visits every now and again)

Craig

There's loads more but you get what I mean.

I do. I just wondered whether they have moved elsewhere, twitter or just given up.

I also dont think all the name changing helps either. (not aimed at you btw as I know its your name from the other place).

I do. I just wondered whether they have moved elsewhere, twitter or just given up.

Without exception the posters that Tooj mentioned have been members and posting here for the best part of 10 years now. It's inevitable that their priorities will be different. Most of them have kids now and life gets in the way.

My mrs gives me endless grief for posting here. Message boards? At your age?

What does she think of mumsnet and gransnet then? Ask her that rhetorically next time and then say 'as Mcfaul would say 'pipe down' and wait for her to ask you who McFaul is.

:lol: Can't believe she wouldn't let you watch the match last night like. That's well out of order.

Wouldn't usually be a problem but my old dear's staying with us looking after the bairn and they wanted to watch downton abbey. I was happy to stay upstairs out of their way and watch it on the laptop tbh. They would have just talked all the way through the game anyway

This place seems to have died on its arse lately and I would be interested to hear opinions as to why?

Possible contenders are;

People now prefer twitter.

Those who post on two forums now just prefer Newcastle - Online.

Too much moderation.

Too little moderation.

Bannings.

Too much talk of Shane.

Too much infighting.

etc etc

Gemmill whinges like a bitch about Leazes, gets him banned then leaves the forum. Funny fucker :lol:

I do believe you should be polite to newcomers, when you meet people for the first time you dont take the piss out of them until you think they're alright, you're polite until you get to know them well enough not to be. Same should go for here, just because you can act differently doesnt mean you should. I dont think all online communities are the same, each has their own culture and many are far more polite and welcoming than here. Not saying people have to be nice, just act how you would expect to be acted towards.

Alex, Gemmill and HF not posting much or not at all.

Tried to do a bit more this week.

Come November I'll be able to properly divert CT from starting one of these threads every week by getting back to quoting his year old posts that contradict directly his current posts.

:nufc:

What's most disappointing is the absolutely awful leaving to flounce ratio. For shame :(

CabayeAye is driving it up though on his own

I quite often use mumsnet :lol:

that is the least surprising thing I have read on here this week

Fucking Mumsnet.

'My baby has a rash on her left arm, anyone else's babies had this?'

'It's normal, don't worry.'

'Yeah, mine had this, went after a week.'

'My baby had this and it was Baronmuchousen disease and she was dead within the week. Take her to your GP!'

Ad naseum.