The Mentalists of Toontastic

Christmas Tree

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met 6 people on that list and can confirm they are very decent people except for Gemmil of course (no need for obligatory safety wink).

Aye, Gemmill is the exception that proves the rule that people are sounder in real life than they are on the board

I could barely conceal my contempt for either of you. Much easier to do that online. On the internet, nobody can hear your tuts.

People spend too much time whinging about why its shite rather than doing something about it. I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to, I think you have a forum shelf life, I think Alex realised it maybe mancmag too, I can't see myself at 60 posting on here like toonpack and pacinofan. Forums are good places for exchanging views, and occasionally provide you with a brilliant laugh. The best bits of forums are when you can pick something from someones post that you learn from, but they are few and far between these days. Still pisses all over Huggies Pull Ups Online though. Whether anyone admits it or not, the funniest threads are nearly always derived from rows.

Spot on tbh. Everytime I see this thread get a new bump I liken it to someone pointing out that they have a MASSIVE spot on their head. We know its there, you cant fucking miss it, but why not do something about rather than just keep pointing it out!

I read a lot more here than I post these days but Im on every day.

I've met 6 people on that list and can confirm they are very decent people except for Gemmil of course (no need for obligatory safety wink).

Aye, Gemmill is the exception that proves the rule that people are sounder in real life than they are on the board

I could barely conceal my contempt for either of you. Much easier to do that online. On the internet, nobody can hear your tuts.

Wolfy

I'll stand corrected, but I think Wolfy's "Moon Landing" thread must be the longest thread in General Chat that was started in 2012. If he is an alias of someone he is the work of someone with great imagination and the ability to characterise better than 90% of Hollywood screenwriters. Very impressive writing. If he is really a new individual then he has shone a great deal of light on the failings of conspiracy theories that often get given too much credence. Like a modern Forrest Gump his simplicity exposes more about the people around him than it does himself. Is idiot savant the right description? Either way I could read him catching bigger and bigger fish with his preposterous lines of argument all day long.

I want to change wolfys member title to "idiot savant" now :D

Good idea. Maybe people will know what they're dealing with then and cannot complain that I'm a wind up merchant and will have to accept me as some kind of Autistic simpleton with a vivid imagination with maybe more than a hint of truth in what's expressed from it. ;) Edited by wolfy

Guest CabayeAye

Good idea. Maybe people will know what they're dealing with then and cannot complain that I'm a wind up merchant and will have to accept me as some kind of Autistic simpleton with a vivid imagination with maybe more than a hint of truth in what's expressed from it. ;)

More importantly, have you drawn peni on the members of Rainbow?!

You're menat to join in and say something nice about someone.

You do Cabayeaye.

Hmmm, I'll try. Cabayeaye is capable of some good contributions to both General Chat and the Football section. He seems educated and, for instance, scientifically literate. He claims he attended Gordonstoun and has strongly suggested he served in the forces, although he appears to be backing down from this now. He alludes that he is a person of some importance. He has the right wing views you'd expect from a minor aristocrat, but that is the limit of his plausibility, in my opinion. I just don't think his short fuse, bursts of swearing, and borderline threats of violence he uses when his views are challenged are supportive of his claimed background.

I may be wrong of course and maybe Gordonstoun actually breed the type of foul mothed football supporter we see on here,but I doubt it somehow. If I had no other information about him, I'd say he was in his late teens and living with Mum and Dad. The good news is that if this is the case he'll grow up, learn to relax a bit, and not suffer such tantrums as much in the future. If he is who he says he is however, I expect we might see him in the news at some stage following a shotgun incident.

Guest CabayeAye

Hmmm, I'll try. Cabayeaye is capable of some good contributions to both General Chat and the Football section.

Correct.

He seems educated and, for instance, scientifically literate.

Agreed.

He claims he attended Gordonstoun and has strongly suggested he served in the forces,

Both correct, although I am still serving.

although he appears to be backing down from this now.

Nope.

He alludes that he is a person of some importance.

I'm a medium sized cog in a bigger machine.

He has the right wing views you'd expect from a minor aristocrat, but that is the limit of his plausibility, in my opinion.

I'm no aristocrat. My Dad was a coal miner.

I just don't think his short fuse, bursts of swearing, and borderline threats of violence he uses when his views are challenged are supportive of his claimed background.

I'm pretty sure both public schools and the Army are full of angry types who dislike lefties.

I may be wrong of course and maybe Gordonstoun actually breed the type of foul mothed football supporter we see on here

How many Old Gordonstounians do you know?

,but I doubt it somehow. If I had no other information about him, I'd say he was in his late teens and living with Mum and Dad.

Nope.

The good news is that if this is the case he'll grow up, learn to relax a bit, and not suffer such tantrums as much in the future. If he is who he says he is however, I expect we might see him in the news at some stage following a shotgun incident.

Fuck off you patronising twunt! :lol:

Bit gimpy this tbh but I'll do one

Leazes Mag

A 50 something passionate Newcastle fan, who can be challenging and thought provoking in equal measure. Comfortable talking about any aspect of Newcastle United, Leazes is the type of bloke who is capable of discussing anything football related. A man who has served his country, he is proud of our heritage, and should be championed as an embassador of goodwill who has helped preserve our way of life. A welcome addition to any NUFC message board, people of his ilk and passionate resolve should be held in high regard rather than ridiculed.

Edited by McFaul

Bit gimpy this tbh but I'll do one

Leazes Mag

A 50 something passionate Newcastle fan, who can be challenging and thought provoking in equal measure. Comfortable talking about any aspect of Newcastle United, Leazes is the type of bloke who is capable of discussing anything football related. A man who has served his country, he is proud of our heritage, and should be championed as an embassador of goodwill who has helped preserve our way of life. A welcome addition to any NUFC message board, people of his ilk and passionate resolve should be held in high regard rather than ridiculed.

:lol:

Renton.

In his small village, I imagine him to be a placid sort of kid, who will happily pop down to the local newsagents, taking orders along the way from old villagers and always having a smile and a hello to the locals.

Any newbie coming into the village would be watched by Renton and a pal, who would be positioned in strategic places, using binoculars and walkie talkies to relay the info about this stranger.

The stranger will be under surveillance until they are sure that he/she is of no threat to the inhabitants of his beloved village.

Once the village is safe, I believe Renton comes onto Toontastic , maybe wearing some sort of superhero type costume and immediately turning into 'ICEBERG', the village super cool hero and will use this persona in chat.

Once back at college, I believe he and Bobby, (that'll be his pal....a sort of young Bobby Brady type character from the Brady bunch), will swap notes about their exploits that day and also what they achieved on their respected forums, Bobby being on the Meccano forum.

I think Renton fancies himself as a bit of a snob and probably cringes in the company of anyone who isn't wearing a pair of cords and hush puppy type shoes, as well as the mandatory village diamond patterned tank top and clean crisp pressed shit.

I could be wrong here, as it's my imagination running riot.... but... as we are giving thoughts on posters, This is mine on Renton.

If I'm wrong Renton, don't take it to heart, as we can't all be correct simply based on forum typing can we. :aye:

Edited by wolfy

Gemmill: the heart and soul of Toontastic and one of the greatest posters in internet history. It is not just a rumour that Ant has combined the button that deletes Gemmill's account with the one that closes down the forum and deletes the database. Before turning the gun on himself.

This is all going wrong..The power of the internets is too strong.

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Newcastle and find those Toontastic fucks who is makin' the posts... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next.

This is all going wrong..The power of the internets is too strong.

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Newcastle and find those Toontastic fucks who is makin' the posts... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next.

I'll have to tell my wife not to do me any mince and dumplings. Well, you can't turn down free food can you.