The Mentalists of Toontastic

Christmas Tree

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention the bragging, sanctimonious bints who claim their babies were walking at 3 weeks old, eating roast dinners at 4 months and could recite Shakespeare by the age of one. Plus the whole DD, DS shite.

Needless to say I don't use the forums..

Leazes would come back if allowed although he narf gave Ant it yesterday on twitter.

Thing is without the 'nutters' I know what everyone is going to say...

Chez: I've been right about everything ever...

Renton: What's your qualifications fucker!

HF: OOoooOO look at me graph!!

Meenzer: You haven't lived till you've watched eurovison 1992 on VHS while eating pumpkin soup.

CT: Hatem up to his old tricks...Not dangerous and a liability... :D

Edited by Park Life

29,000 posts, how many graphs?

I'd be surprised if there were more than 150.....or 200.

Why don't you draw a graph of the relationship between you graph count and post count?

Edit: too late. :(

Edited by Renton

Would like a few more 'Nostalgic' posts and more tales of our clubs past and 'away day' yarns, that sort of thing. (Without being labelled 'Uber-Geordie, 'supa-fan' and all that stuff).

Then start some threads sharing your stories man. :)

:lol:

Leazes doesn't want to come back. His Tourette's like random outbursts are quite clear on that.

As to why it's quiet:

It can't be bannings, we seldom ban

Can't be too much moderation as we are one of the easiest going forums on the net.

Too little is possible of people find the place intimidating. Let's face it, most places say welcome while we question your validity as a fan/bloke ;)

:lol:

Leazes doesn't want to come back. His Tourette's like random outbursts are quite clear on that.

As to why it's quiet:

It can't be bannings, we seldom ban

Can't be too much moderation as we are one of the easiest going forums on the net.

Too little is possible of people find the place intimidating. Let's face it, most places say welcome while we question your validity as a fan/bloke ;)

I see quite a few of the other clubs boards have a point system where you have to have accumulated sufficient to start a new thread. I know people are nervous about whether to jump into a conversation halfway through or not, but I've also noticed that the new members that start threads often get both toontastic barrels.

I don't think it's just intimidating because we're a bit quick to mock, we've a lot of long-term posters on here and with that comes all the in-jokes and whatnot. Plus I think the level of debate on here is high (for a predominantly football based message board) that too will intimidate new members. The film, food and music threads aren't solely blockbusters, burgers and banging house tunes either.

I know I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to intolerance, so I'll try and hold back more.

Content would bring more people to read this message board as well. Twitter has a stack of blogging newcastle football fans, and while they might not post on the board often, I'm sure they wouldn't mind links to their blogs on the front page of a pretty successful message board. It might even inspire our own posters to put some stuff up themselves. HF is certainly as stat-happy as some of the bloggers I've read. Chez, Matt (amongst others) have genuine insight into the financial mechanisms that drive the club. Stevie could wax lyrical about attendances ;) but it's no secret he's got plenty of passion about other clubs like Bilbao and I'm certain people would enjoy reading about it.

CT, you're often the only fish swimming against the shoal, so why not tap out a couple hundred words about that?

I'm going to try and do Pre and Post-game interviews with the opposition fans. But honestly it's easier when more questions come from the floor, so it'd help if people contributed there.

:2cents: