The murder of 2 WPC's in Manchester today.

catmag

Felt like I had to start a thread about this for a few reasons.

Firstly, it happened in the area that I lived for 10 years and it feels very close to home. Dale Cregan has been on the run from police following the murder of 2 men earlier in the year. One of them was murdered in the pub at the end of my ex-husbands street.

One of my best friends is a WPC for GMP and this area is her beat. She was day off today and at home with her 18 month-old daughter when she heard what had happened to her colleagues.

I think the police are often blamed quickly for many things, but these girls went on their shift this morning and didn't come home to their families tonight and all because they serve their community - which for 10 years was me. RIP.

I suppose the discussion from this is whether it's time to arm the police in this country. I doubt whether it would have made a blind bit of difference today as they simply wouldn't have time to react as they believed they were attending the aftermath of a burglary when a man walked out of the house, shot them and threw a hand grenade, but this will no doubt be the dilemma.

I suppose the discussion from this is whether it's time to arm the police in this country. I doubt whether it would have made a blind bit of difference today as they simply wouldn't have time to react as they believed they were attending the aftermath of a burglary when a man walked out of the house, shot them and threw a hand grenade, but this will no doubt be the dilemma.

I don't see an armed police force meaning anything but more deaths. More guns on the streets, whoever is holding them, is a terrifying thought. Even if, by some magic, the criminals were still mostly un-armed, you'd still get trigger happy police, you'd still get de Menezes.

Lieutenant Gordon was right.

I don't see an armed police force meaning anything but more deaths. More guns on the streets, whoever is holding them, is a terrifying thought. Even if, by some magic, the criminals were still mostly un-armed, you'd still get trigger happy police, you'd still get de Menezes.

Lieutenant Gordon was right.

Plus 1

I see Lord Tebbit is calling for the death penalty for all cop killers...

as long as it's accompanied by the Death Penalty for people who I deem surplus to requirements, I'm fully behind his idea.

Let's get this right...he's on bail, under suspicion of the murder of one man by walking into a bar and shooting him, then walking his alleged victim's father's house and shooting him dead too. So he goes on the run, lures a couple of officers to where he's hiding out and basically executes them too. Then, knowing that the firearms team will basically shoot him on sight, he turns himself in, to spend the rest of his life as a Billy big bollocks on various prison wings.

Am not in favour of the death penalty generally but this morning it seems a good idea for theis fucker.

Was listening to this on 5Live last night. A lot of people saying the coppers need to be armed. I feel for the Old Bill tbh, they do a very difficult job with the scum bags we have and it appears they are getting worse. They feel society owes them etc.

IMO We dont and shouldnt have armed police.

RIP indeed :(

We have armed police for when we need them. The last 4 police officers to have been shot dead in this country over the past 10 years were caught unawares. Being armed wouldn't have saved their lives.

http://en.wikipedia....ron_Beshenivsky

http://en.wikipedia....ki/David_Bieber

That copper was shot about 200m from my Old mans house. My brother and I found the BMW he used to get away with after coming out of the boozer that nigfht. We were staggering home having a laugh and saw this motor abandoned, thought someone had crashed. We walked down the road pissed, saw two coppers and told em, they went like ape shit, we were totally oblivious to a shooting.

They have to make it seem like Police are untouchable. Especially when they aren't armed. I'm guessing he handed himself in to avoid a 'Mark Duggan' type arrest

That's not the point though really, it's more that there should be some respect for authority but in general isn't from these scumbags. Then again I think the death penalty should be brought back for several things, not just killing cops.

That's not the point though really, it's more that there should be some respect for authority but in general isn't from these scumbags. Then again I think the death penalty should be brought back for several things, not just killing cops.

Thats it. There doesnt seem to be any respect any more, or little respect. Not just for authority, but for other people and with the amount of fat unhealthy people in this country, a lack of respect for themselves.

:(

RIP to the WPCs.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty as a general proposition. However I have nothing against this fella having his testicles nailed to a piece of wood and then using it to beat him with.

If ever there were an argument for the death penalty, it would be someone like this.

Thats it. There doesnt seem to be any respect any more, or little respect. Not just for authority, but for other people and with the amount of fat unhealthy people in this country, a lack of respect for themselves.

Have ever heard us sing a song called "Harry Roberts"?.... ;)

1966, part of what is usually termed "the good old days"...he and his mate laid in wait for 3 coppers and killed them all stone dead. He's still in nick to this day and, one way or another, is likely to die inside. As for the rest of your post, thats a fuckin can of worms and a half! :lol:

Coppers getting shot dead is a rare thing even now, but it does happen. As has been said nothing wouldve saved the lass in Leeds or any other incidents such as this in the last 30 years. Generally arming the police sends a message to the people mad enough to feel the need to carry a firearm that this is "war", and then its only a short period of time till we truly become the 51st state of the USA.

I don't know whether the Guildford 4 are still alive but they wouldn't be for def if the death penalty had been around at the time.The police prove time and time again that they cannot be trusted with or without the evidence of proof. If your daughter or son are in the frame for a murder of a police officer,and you know fine well they are innocent,would you still be in favour of the death penalty.If your son or daughter had killed a police officer,and you know they are guilty,would you still be `for' the death penalty.

Since 1990 there have been 1,433 deaths following police `contact' and not one charged with manslaughter,so you go ahead and tick the box for hanging to be brought back.

Mind, all the countries with the death penalty are crime-free utopias aren't they? :jesuswept: