Would you drop Cisse?

colinh9

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores from nowhere, just needs one to go in off his arse. He's still getting in the right place, he's still scaring the shit out of the opposition, he's still better than the alternatives, he's still the man that scored this goal

cisse-2-0-chelsea.gif

It would be a definite yes if we had any replacement for him. Shola is best suited to cameos and that's where our striking options end. The alternate of playing one up front with Ben Arfa behind and able to roam wherever could work if Tiote regains some composure and Cabaye play at the level he's capable of.

Cisse doesn't look partiularly interested at the moment, maybe part of that is knowing that there is such poor competition for striking positions.

It would be a definite yes if we had any replacement for him. Shola is best suited to cameos and that's where our striking options end. The alternate of playing one up front with Ben Arfa behind and able to roam wherever could work if Tiote regains some composure and Cabaye play at the level he's capable of.

Cisse doesn't look partiularly interested at the moment, maybe part of that is knowing that there is such poor competition for striking positions.

So the same he had last season, can we stop making up bullshit scenarios?

If not can I put it out there Krul isn't really injured but fancied a holiday and because he knows Harper and Elliot aren't nearly as good as him he will walk straight back into the team.

Colo is off getting his hair straightened.

Oh and Tiote was off filming as the Stig for Top Gear but was allowed back this weekend.

Scores from nowhere, just needs one to go in off his arse. He's still getting in the right place, he's still scaring the shit out of the opposition, he's still better than the alternatives, he's still the man that scored this goal

cisse-2-0-chelsea.gif

Quite right. I really wanted him to score today, play him on Wednesday with Shola. They could link up well. Would be another option. He will come good again.

So the same he had last season, can we stop making up bullshit scenarios?

If not can I put it out there Krul isn't really injured but fancied a holiday and because he knows Harper and Elliot aren't nearly as good as him he will walk straight back into the team.

Colo is off getting his hair straightened.

Oh and Tiote was off filming as the Stig for Top Gear but was allowed back this weekend.

Firstly, untwist your knickers.

Last season coming to a new league Cisse had to prove himself. He did it in no small way and was a revelation. This season he has played a little like a 'made man' not as interested in doing the tracking back and closing down that he was last season. The competition wasn't there last season either (though it has thinned out his year further) but he had strong motivation to play at his best.

It's certainly not crisis time by any means, but a good bit of man management could help to see him back to his best for us. Part of that may be making him play for his spot in the team. The only feasible option to that end is ba on his own (which he is quite good at anyway) with Ben Arfa free roaming and Cabaye afforded a more advanced role. Pardew already hinted at dropping Cisse before this match, perhaps that was an attempt to bring the best out of him.

Cisse and Shola on Wednesday and the better perfomer of the two midweek should start with Ba at the weekend. Simple.

If Papiss wants it enough he SHOULD be the better player midweek.

I do think him and Ba will strike up a partnership at some point, we should be trying to set up and grow three partnerships though. Cisse + Ba, Cisse + Shola and Shola + Ba, the more options we have upfront with only three strikers the better really.

I would say yes, he's playing like a paraplegic at the minute. I knew he'd miss the penalty, and his other chances had more chance of troubling the Mir Space station than John Ruddy. His movement isn't like it was last season, and I think 433 works for Newcastle, we need to start playing it and stop worrying about huffy fucking players. Shola is a good impact sub, he's too lazy, heavy and unfit to start even half of our games. Cisse is playing shit, and Demba is the only in form striker. I'd honest go with the three of Benny, Ba, and Marveaux/Obertan. You'd see a big difference straight away.

I would say yes, he's playing like a paraplegic at the minute. I knew he'd miss the penalty, and his other chances had more chance of troubling the Mir Space station than John Ruddy. His movement isn't like it was last season, and I think 433 works for Newcastle, we need to start playing it and stop worrying about huffy fucking players. Shola is a good impact sub, he's too lazy, heavy and unfit to start even half of our games. Cisse is playing shit, and Demba is the only in form striker. I'd honest go with the three of Benny, Ba, and Marveaux/Obertan. You'd see a big difference straight away.

Its another option isnt it.

I'd love to see Ben Arfa get a run of games in that number 10 role behind a striker, its what you do with the other striker then though so in the mean time, for me, 4231 HAS to be our number one formation.

Quite right. I really wanted him to score today, play him on Wednesday with Shola. They could link up well. Would be another option. He will come good again.

Shola's chest is one of our most productive assets at NUFC. Wonder how many more assists its given us over the years?

There is still no sevice coming from the wings so chances are still few and far between.It's hard for strikers to particpate in any sort of link-up play between the strikers when the ball is being humped up from defence. Santon is improving with every game but he still needs to be picked at right back,his strongest side. Don't even think about mentioning that useless baldy frenchman who came on as sub .

He needs games to get confidence as well. I wonder how he would do pushed to the left in a 433 with Ba central and HBA to the right.

Obertan showed again yesterday he isnt the answer, not sure what happened to Marv. I thought he looked good before he got injured last season but so far this hasnt showed up. Shola I still think is a good sub but not fussed on him being on all game, bar the Mackems.

The big concern for me is how he and Ba don't seem to have an effective partnership in a 4-4-2 at all.

They both seem to be on each other's toes all of the time, so the movement between the pair of them needs to be worked on in training.

I pointed out awhile ago that the partnership with Ba was not working. Naturally I took shit from people on here who may watch Newcastle but don't know what they are seeing.

Until Pardew get's them sorted out in training and get's some understanding between them, then the partnership is not going to click. Based on his performances so far, and yesterday was absolutely dreadful, I'd drop Cisse and go back to Ba as the front man and push Ben Arfa up behind him. I' don't see many more options given the form of marveaux, the lack of ability of obertan and I'd assume there are no kids really pushing for a place or Pardew would've tried them already. Not much from the Euro games thats for sure.

Cisse doesn't seem to pose any threat and his movement is poor. Totally different to last season. Its not a case of bad luck that he's not scoring, he's nowhere close to scoring but more importantly, his overall game is right off the boil. Thank Christ we have the manager of the year to sort it out.

Saying that, I hope Cisse goes out and scores six on Wednesday night.