Reading v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

Guest Your Name Here

Why can't you put our goal difference last season down also to never scoring more than 3 in single game?

Also I find this idea that a club/a manager can be so "lucky" for so long pretty cynical and silly. Just feels like twisting something to make it sound worse than it is. In my opinion.

Compare our GD with the top four and it shows we were miles behind them in terms of performance. While they were regularly winning comfortably we were regularly edging tight games - partly because of a good team spirit, partly because things were going our way. PL history is littered with teams who have a season that goes their way (Ipswich spring to mind) only to struggle when things start evening out.

Consider the 4-4 against Arsenal. Teams rarely come back from being 4 goals down at halftime. Barton is far more likely to get sent off than get somebody sent off, and how often does Tiote score a goal, let alone a 25 yard volley. Luck might not be the right word but the result had far more to do with things going our way than anything Pardew said at halftime.

Promotion brings with it a momentum that can help teams over achieve and this is where I think we're at with NUFC. One of a few decent sides outside the top four but about to run out of steam.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps giving out 8 year contracts was a little premature after our woefull display against Norwich followed by an even more woefull display against the bottom of the league team Reading.

On a brighter note, we've helped them move off the bottom to second bottom.

On a less brighter note, they outplayed us and looked a better team than us for almost 90 minutes.

I can only thank God and Bah that we salvaged a point from a match that most thought was a sure 3 points.

Smile everybody, you too MT, at least we didn't lose and that's a plus.

Are Colo and Cabaye in line for a return next week? Bigi doesn't seem to have anything going forward, even less than Tiote. We were so one dimensional yesterday. And defensively it was complete shambles. Serves us right for not buying a defender.

Another horrible performance and another point we didn't deserve at all.

I don't think we've had a game yet this season where all of our key players (Cabaye, Tiote, Colo, Ben Arfa and the Dembas) have been available.

I'm afraid that until we get them all on the pitch at the same time we're going to struggle to find any sort of performance.

Hopefully Cabaye and Colo will be fit for next Sunday and we can kick on from there.

Bigi is quality.

The moment Taylor went off I said there'd be goals. Perch and Williamson should never be playing CB together.

Aye but it seemed like Bigi didnt know what to do when the ball came to him in an offensive position. Early days though of course.

Still cant believe we didnt replace Williamson in the summer.

Aye but it seemed like Bigi didnt know what to do when the ball came to him in an offensive position. Early days though of course.

Still cant believe we didnt replace Williamson in the summer.

"Value"

This is no time for anyone to panic.

Remember...even the top teams have dodgy starts to seasons, yet even though we have started with injuries , we are still on 9 points after 6 games, losing only once to the potential prem champions in Chelsea.

Granted, we might have scraped through games but then again we did last year, yet also destroyed some teams that no one gave us a hope in hells chance of doing, including Man Utd at home.

We haven't hit any real form to speak of and we have the cushion of knowing that our injured players are making progress, which will show once again the quality we have.

I know some fans go on about us not buying a defender and this and that but the fact is, the club has a policy of not paying over the odds and are prepared to wait for the right deal, as in Cisse.

Yes it might appear to knock us back a bit but it lets clubs know that we are no pushover.

Reading raised their game against us in the second half and went for it once they knew our back line were in disarray and could have won the game, yet equally so could we have.

The second half was a nail biter for us, yet it was a half which gave the fans excitement compared to the boring first half.

We are 3 points behind Man Utd, who everyone thought were gonna be unstoppable with the Van Persie signing.

It's not all doom and gloom, so keep your peckers up and let's see what is in store for us as the season progresses.

To be honest Bigi's role was to get the ball back and lay it off, Tiote was seemingly the one tasked with getting things moving in the absence of Cabaye. He pinged one or two balls into decent areas though, and he deserved a go in the team.

Tiote had a mare unfortunately, I think he's not at his full fitness so he was getting outmuscled too much. Our main problem was not getting the ball to Ben Arfa in the second half, although he often had 4 players around him to stop this happening.

Jonas was wasteful for me, didn't play well at all which negated us offensively a lot. The boy wonder coming on looked very lively, sublime ball in for 2-2 even if it did come off Ba's hand.

Honestly though if we had a first team CB who wasn't so injury prone as Saylor then NUFC would've won it. Kebe waltzed through and Hunt had a free header. Still, point is fine given there was always going to be a Reading backlash. At least psychic Stevie's claim that they're the worst team in the league since Derby was suitably addressed yesterday. :lol:

I was getting some stick in the home when I stood up for Ba's goals. :D:nufc:

Did anyone find a pub with it on? Tried everywhere in Ryton, Prudhoe and Wylam, nee good at all.

From what I've seen from it today, yet another wank performance. We tend to raise our game against the big teams, and we've only played one big club so far, at Chelsea, so I'm hoping we can raise our game for Man Utd.

Its no coincidence that it was 0-0 on 56 minutes when Taylor went off, yet 7 minutes later we're 2-1 down. Perch and Williamson is as poor a centre half partnership as I've EVER seen, both players aren't good enough for Boro let alone Newcastle. You reap what you sow, we've needed a top centre half for 2 years and fatty continues to ignore this. Newcastle's performances this season - 4.5/10.

Brock they are the worst side since Derby(and we couldn't beat them cunts neither), no team has had under 30 pts since them iirc, this Reading team won't get 30, we'll see who is right.

Edited by McFaul

Did anyone find a pub with it on? Tried everywhere in Ryton, Prudhoe and Wylam, nee good at all.

From what I've seen from it today, yet another wank performance. We tend to raise our game against the big teams, and we've only played one big club so far, at Chelsea, so I'm hoping we can raise our game for Man Utd.

Its no coincidence that it was 0-0 on 56 minutes when Taylor went off, yet 7 minutes later we're 2-1 down. Perch and Williamson is as poor a centre half partnership as I've EVER seen, both players aren't good enough for Boro let alone Newcastle. You reap what you sow, we've needed a top centre half for 2 years and fatty continues to ignore this. Newcastle's performances this season - 4.5/10.

Brock they are the worst side since Derby(and we couldn't beat them cunts neither), no team has had under 30 pts since them iirc, this Reading team won't get 30, we'll see who is right.

Apart from Demba Ba's goals making him man of the match, I though Williamson was excellent.

Apart from Demba Ba's goals making him man of the match, I though Williamson was excellent.

You're not kidding neither are you? Two of the papers gave him 5/10, I think that's extremely kind. Utterly wank.

Utter bollocks. You're about as well-informed of the Reading side as Lawro. :lol:

I smell a £30 bet going the SBR foundation's way. If they don't reach 30 points I'll cough up. You in?

You're spot on about the defence though. Playing Perch & Willo against any team at this level is just gifting goals.

Guest CabayeAye

Utter bollocks. You're about as well-informed of the Reading side as Lawro. :lol:

I smell a £30 bet going the SBR foundation's way. If they don't reach 30 points I'll cough up. You in?

You're spot on about the defence though. Playing Perch & Willo against any team at this level is just gifting goals.

If Reading get 30 points, I'll drink my own piss.

Aye definitely 32 points we'll say, I saw them against Tottenham too, worst side I've seen for years in the top flight.