Reading v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

Thats a blow, Cabaye looked somewhere close to his normal self in the second half against Norwich.

Hooefully Cisse will carry on his good form from midweek. I know its early to say so, but wouldn't mind seeing Tavernier either. Looked very very promising that lad

Oh and a win today would be great! :nufc:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strongly fancy us to win this, I think Reading are the worst side in the Barclays Premier League since Derby in 2008. Even without Coloccini and Cabaye, we're a class above all over the park, I think we'll have a confidence boosting significant win today.

Strongly fancy us to win this, I think Reading are the worst side in the Barclays Premier League since Derby in 2008. Even without Coloccini and Cabaye, we're a class above all over the park, I think we'll have a confidence boosting significant win today.

Agreed.

With Colo and Cabaye I'd have fancied us for a big away win, still think we will get the 3 points but it won't be as easy.

Think Pardew will throw down a challenge to Anita in the middle with Tiote and Perch at RB. Don't think Pardew will drop Perchinio.

If it were my choice I'd play Anita at RB and have Bigi in there with Tiote.

2-1 Cisse and Ba.

Edited by StellarStripes

Harper; Perch, Williamson, S.Taylor, Santon; Ben Arfa, Tiote, Bigirimana, Gutierrez ©; Ba, Cisse.

Elliot, Tavernier, Ferguson, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi.

Nice side.

Would suggest that Bigi is already ahead of Anita, Gosling and Abeid for that CM spot.

Nice side.

Would suggest that Bigi is already ahead of Anita, Gosling and Abeid for that CM spot.

Yeah, on current form he's earned it. Good on him. Not worried about Anita, question marks over the other 2 and Abeid seems to have disappeared off the first team map for some strange unknown reason.

Abeid seems to have disappeared off the first team map for some strange unknown reason.

Read something this morning that he hadn't been overly keen to go out on loan and has slipped down the pecking order with other midfielders coming in.

Happy for Bigi. Is Anita not happy to play RB, because he's better than Perch TBF. I get the horrible feeling Pardew might be lining up a 442...

Would rather Anita at RB also. Perch off the bench to close things down if need be.

Let it be said I'm watching on the Australian sky equivalent (ie on TV).

Hope the intensity of this match picks up, it's a bit casual at the moment. Just saw right then why it's better having a left footed fullback on the left - Santon trying to control a Ben Arfa switch with his right foot and the ball subsequently went out.

Poor left footed cross from Jonas straight after - two right footed players down the left.