sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

I can't believe people seriously think that was worth a red, this is a contact sport you know...

Not between stud and shin its not....or stud and chest.

You could justify a Bruce lee power punch with that excuse.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pints, on Sky HD and have rolled it back several times.

Touché..

Optometrist it is then. Not trying to be funny. A straight red is for serious foul play or violent conduct of which that was clearly neither.

End off.

Optometrist it is then. Not trying to be funny. A straight red is for serious foul play or violent conduct of which that was clearly neither.

End off.

Not trying to be funny but you clearly are...

There are issues with consistency in the game, yes but that was rightly a red card.

Not trying to be funny but you clearly are...

There are issues with consistency in the game, yes but that was rightly a red card.

For what reason?

I can see the argument for a red but then there would be at least two per game like that - see Larsson on Shola for something similar.

Also always a red with that cunt in charge.

It will be tough to hang on now - but a great feat if we can.

And if it had been Fletcher doing it to Tiote you'd have been screaming for a red card.

It was a stupid move by Cheik. We all know Atkinson is 'card happy' so why serve it on a plate for him?

Foot over the ball, studs showing = dangerous play - however you want to dress it up!!

Not at all, was a yellow at the very worst, Atkinsons hardly card happy today, see the Larson/Shola incident for evidence.

If Tiote'd tried to do him, fair does, but no way on earth did he, I'd be screaming blue murder over Tiote if I thought that, I'm not his biggest fan by a long way.

Went back and rewatched it, still not a red but clearly ridiculous from Tiote. Painfully ironic but Tiote himself was clearly fouled by their midfield ranga, and if he had the nouse to go to ground he'd have won a free-kick.

Further on the actual contact Fletcher kicked into the in-step of Tiote but it was clearly a foul on Tiote for having his foot in there not near enough to the ball knowing that their player was in a superior position to win it.

Looking at it again a certain red card for me. If it was the other way round you would of all screamed red (like me)

There is no way it's miss timed as his foot is 2-3ft of the ground.

Pretty sure if it was a yellow, he would have been off at some point anyway. He is starting to frustrate me. I think we have been better since going down to 10 and I was happier to see Perch come on instead of Anita. Won't be a pretty 2nd half but we can still do it.

It is as if Larsson never kicked Shola straight in the chest....Watching the Tiote challenge again and again, you can see his eyes always on the ball. Fletcher comes in to challenge (after the whistle has gone) and that is why there is contact. Fletcher got the ball which is why Tiote didn't and why the contact was made - but they are the sort of challenges you will get time and time again.

For what reason?

LAW 12 - FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

Serious Foul Play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of the opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off and play is restarted with a direct free kick from the position where the offence occurred (see Law 13 - Position of free kick) or penalty kick (if the offence occurred inside the offender's penalty area).

He was absolutely nowhere near the ball man! Has to be considered serious foul play!

Like I've said, there are serious issues with consistency - but that's no excuse to claim that this decision was wrong. Utter madness from Tiote - he'd already got the free kick!

Looking at it again a certain red card for me. If it was the other way round you would of all screamed red (like me)

There is no way it's miss timed as his foot is 2-3ft of the ground.

Keep in mind that his other foot is on the ground - not live he came lunging in. If the height of the foot is proportionate to the punishment Larsson would be sitting the season out.

Tiote was foolish but whatever way you dress it up it was not serious foul play and ergo the red card should never have been shown.