Bordeaux v Newcastle

hmsvictorybdx

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to take from this. Good for a few of them players to get a game under their belt I suppose. Ranger looks as though he is decent with holding the ball up but not much else to him.

I dunno, quite a few little nuggets in there:

- Williamson is still barely human let alone a footballer

- Ferguson does not do well without a workhorse in front of him - and the lack of colo to help position him led to the first goal

- Elliot still impressing with reflex saves

- Anita still just not doing it for me

- Ranger has a good touch on him, his little turn before he skyed it was nicely done! Seems another Shola-esque player, good battling and getting important touches to retain posession, not a lot of finishing prowess. Maybe playing them 2 up front was a mistake but i guess we had little option.

- Marveux seemed to struggle tonight, a fair few decent runs overcooked or touches not quite with it, but given the surface quality of the pitch, i doubt walking on that damned thing was easy - let alone the kind of runs he likes to try and get going!

Tavernier was all right

Bigi still looks a decent prospect

Elliot is slowly changing my mind about him.

Ferguson isn't a left back and needs a lot more weight sessions before he should get near the 1st team again.

Abeid showed flashes of adequacy.

Rest of it was pretty dire.

Tavernier was all right

Bigi still looks a decent prospect

Elliot is slowly changing my mind about him.

Ferguson isn't a left back and needs a lot more weight sessions before he should get near the 1st team again.

Abeid showed flashes of adequacy.

Rest of it was pretty dire.

"Flashes of adequacy"

Very good :lol:

That was a shocker on the pitch. Best chant was 'let's dance in the south of France' (the geographers tried to correct it to 'west' but were ignored) closely followed by 'attack attack attack' directed at the toon fans at the front being held by the riot police while waiting to leave :-)

I was told that a few of ours left for the pub at half Time cos it was so shit. Don't get that at all.

Edited by Bibble

Another lad that needs to go on loan tbh.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew to send youngsters on loan

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew plans to let some of his younger players leave on loan in the January transfer window.

An inexperienced Magpies side lost 2-0 at Bordeaux in their final Europa League Group D match, although they had already qualified for the last 32.

“The truth of it is that a lot of our young players who we played tonight, I was expecting a little bit more.

"I will probably look at loaning a few of those who played, hopefully after January when I have got a stronger position in the squad," said Pardew.

"I think they need to learn a little bit more about this game."

Victory for Newcastle in France would have seen them finish top, but two goals from Cheick Diabate meant they went through as runners-up.

It was a difficult night for Pardew's young players and he admitted some of them might have to prove themselves elsewhere before being given another opportunity.

Pardew made nine changes from Monday's victory over Wigan, with striker Nile Ranger making his first start since April 2011.

The likes of Davide Santon, Cheick Tiote, Jonas Gutierrez, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba Ba were all left at home with injuries, while Steven Taylor and Yohan Cabaye remain on the long-term casualty list.

Rob Elliot, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier, Sammy Ameobi and Mehdi Abeid were among the players to come in.

"The truth of it is that a lot of our young players who we played tonight, I was expecting a little bit more," said Pardew, whose side finished fifth in the Premier League last season but currently sit 14th.

"We will have a good look at them now because I don't think the opportunity is going to come around for them again this season unless we really suffer like we did tonight in terms of who was available - I didn't leave anyone behind who was fit.

"I was just a little bit disappointed that we didn't give it a better go in terms of trying to retrieve the situation after conceding the first goal.

"Certainly looking at my group there, I think they need to learn a little bit more about this game away from the black and white and the pressure of the jersey here and the level we are playing at," he added.

3 years from now these are the clubs I expect these to be at.

Elliot - Crawley Town

Tavernier - Brighton

Ferguson - WBA

Perch - Derby

Williamson - Watford

Bigirimana - Newcastle

Abeid - Le Mans

Marveaux - Nantes

Ranger - Millwall

Sammy - Scunthorpe

Shola - Retired (thank fuck)

Amalfitano - Rouen

3 years from now these are the clubs I expect these to be at.

Elliot - Crawley Town

Tavernier - Brighton

Ferguson - WBA

Perch - Derby

Williamson - Watford

Bigirimana - Newcastle

Abeid - Le Mans

Marveaux - Nantes

Ranger - Millwall

Sammy - Scunthorpe

Shola - Retired (thank fuck)

Amalfitano - Rouen

article-1225942-071E5E96000005DC-980_468x345.jpg

"Hang on.......... one more coming through........

Stevie - West Denton Social Club

The curse of prophecy, I'm so tired."

;)

:lol: one more coming through yes, it's a death bed, I see a fat blob and hear a southern accent, "give the claab to Michaeww Carruww, av the documents dwawn aap and I'ww sign em!" what?!?!?

SNN1829CAR-280_988965a.jpg