Newcastle Utd vs West Brom

Aeris

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ba's refusal to play out left in a 433 this season has seen Pardew buckle and try various formations selections to keep a few players happy.

Imo everything boils down to this. He's scoring goals so that's the excuse. The fact is (imo) Pardew isn't man enough to stand up to Demba. Anyone would think he's Alan Shearer.

not interested in your opinion; your fans wear stonewashed Wranglers form the catalogue.

:lol: applicable to any support from the West Midlands. I don't wish to sound like Hitler, but I've always found them noticably ugly, genuinely too. I was studying the Villa fans the other week, some of them shouldn't come out the house their faces are so offensive.

:lol: applicable to any support from the West Midlands. I don't wish to sound like Hitler, but I've always found them noticably ugly, genuinely too. I was studying the Villa fans the other week, some of them shouldn't come out the house their faces are so offensive.

Walsall are my favourite midlands team; on account of fact we don't play them (though knocking us out of cup in 75 HURT)

Wolves worst, then Baggies, then Brum & amazingly Villa are bgest & they are total shit bags.

rather have conversation with a cockney or a scouser than a Brummie

Has Ba refused (verbally) to play in any position? Think it's more that he's just not as effective on the left of a 3, and he's scoring for fun at the moment so Pardew can't really stick him out wide again. Big difference...

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Walsall are my favourite midlands team; on account of fact we don't play them (though knocking us out of cup in 75 HURT)

Wolves worst, then Baggies, then Brum & amazingly Villa are bgest & they are total shit bags.

rather have conversation with a cockney or a scouser than a Brummie

I hate scousers, they're generally rude, and have an amazing sense of self importance. However, they're not all boring and that's not something you could accuse brummies of. TBH I prefer WBA to the other three brummie supports. I believe Birmingham and the general connurbation has an effect on them, it has to, I always imagine a nuclear war when I think of Birmingham.

Look at Marveaux. He's nowhere to be seen at the moment. Even some of the greatest players in the Premier League can take time to adapt, at Arsenal Bergkamp, Henry and Pires spring straight to my mind.

I think there's a difference between getting upto speed and not being able to keep James Perch out.

At that price etc he shouldn't be ghat far down the pecking order,

I really don't think they were the better side either, at least not by any great margin, both teams created more chances they could have scored (see that Sunderland, creating chances, who would have imagined!?).

Just thankful we have one of the best keepers in the league, that isn't luck, just the way it is.

Agreed tbh, we were poor and they were also poor. They controlled the ball 2nd half but they were still unimpressive. Not having a go at them mind just thought the game was very poor and neither side played well, a draw would have been a fair reflection but we got a fortunate goal we've also lost points in similar fashion so there's no sympathy from me tbh.

Agree on the last point too btw, not many keepers would have pulled both those saves off especially the 2nd.

If over the last 9 games just 2 chances that unluckily went wide had gone in, we'd be 4th now.

Anyway, what are you trying to say? That those people pointing to our league position were wrong in some way? :lol:

Our current position reflects our current form. This time last season it didn't....but it was a massive confidence booster setting us up for the rest of the season.

Imo everything boils down to this. He's scoring goals so that's the excuse. The fact is (imo) Pardew isn't man enough to stand up to Demba. Anyone would think he's Alan Shearer.

I think they expected him to leave in the summer, and Tiote. Thats why we're piddling around not playing the system that suits our midfielders best.

Some very good points on here post game, were we in 4th last season at this point because Chelsea and Arsenal were under acheiveing? more than likely.

Thing is we hadnt needed to play brilliantly top get 4th, just be competant and beat those who we had a good chance of beating. Like yesterday. I still think we have it in us to go on a run like we did last spring, and theres still the chance we could get someone like Brighton in the cup and get put out in the 3rd round. So I don't think hardly anything has changed. Don't know whats going to happen with Demba in January, but I think whatever it is will shape and define the rest of the season.

Our current position reflects our current form. This time last season it didn't....but it was a massive confidence booster setting us up for the rest of the season.

So the fact we were winning games wasn't important apart from the fact it was important enough to give us confidence to go on and win games? A convoluted point but i see what you are saying. As you were at pains to point out last year, our first 10 games or so were not against tough opposition. Only Chelsea and Man U have beaten us this season after 15 games. I'm of the view that the dynamics of squad motivation and approach to games has changed and we need to adapt. Yesterday was poor in that respect.

That all said, a statistician telling me that being in 4th was not reflective of the form of a team that finishes 5th is a bit disappointing. I don't remember any team being better than us until we got to Man City in November. Our position therefore perfectly reflected our performances and predicted where we would finish.

Couple of points from yesterday

Simpson was woeful

Shola should never start ahead of Cisse again

Sammy needs to play more often

Cabaye was playing DM instead of Perch WTF

Kruls 1 handed save was world class

Santon is a really good player now

Obertan can only perform in Europe where he has time on the ball

Strange decision to start Willo but he did ok

Jonas offers less and less these days

Ba has worked his bollocks off this season

another interesting fact is that Krul & Foster didn't kick the ball long for the first 30 minutes; when we started that tactic, we took the lead - then it stopped working.

Ben Arfa had a bit of an off day & Shola's shot that landed in Level 4 had me in hysterics.

Simpson was woeful

Spot on, though I think its a bit harsh on Jonas because the guy plays in 5 different positions in a single match. Cant expect him to set the world alight in such circumstances. Santon has been class so far.

And if Shola and Willo start again notwithstanding injuries somebody should shoot Pards.

Simpson was woeful

An historic moment on Toontastic, I can honestly say good post J69, not one thing I disagree with, well apart from Sammy needs to play more often. He's shit, and he'll end up at Derby/Sheff Utd, the rest I actually said most of them yesterday after the match. Jonas just runs about, working hard, taking one for the team but does very little constructive.

That all said, a statistician telling me that being in 4th was not reflective of the form of a team that finishes 5th is a bit disappointing. I don't remember any team being better than us until we got to Man City in November. Our position therefore perfectly reflected our performances and predicted where we would finish.

I'm not a stastician. But I know anomolies can occur.

The view of our performances last season gets rosier as time goes by. We rarely looked comfortable winners. Especially in the first quarter of the season....to quote myself from the time...

We have been below average and I wouldn’t even be so generous to say the teams we’ve played (in general) have been any shitter. I know you don't see the games live, so it might be easier to forget, but look at the match reports if you think I'm negative. We only really turned up for Blackburn, and in parts for Spurs and at Villa...

Arsenal

"Two sides whose squad makeup remains in a state of flux ahead of the transfer window closing ultimately achieved their main objectives - of not losing or conceding a goal. The visitors could justifiably claim they had more possession but both 'keepers were rarely tested and the few opportunities were hit high or wide of the goals."

Mackems

"Sunderland will be angry that they did not get reward for a game which they controlled in large chunks."

Fulham

"an ultimately edgy win over a tired looking Fulham side."

QPR

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I am not disappointed we did not get any more from this game because we did not deserve any more.

Aston Villa

"creating anything clearcut seemed to be beyond us"

Blackburn

"More goals could and should have followed with Ben Arfa, Best and Gabriel Obertan all coming close. To be back in this ground with supporters shouting "Ole!" as the home side sprayed passes around was as exhilarating as it was unexpected."

Wolves

"Wolves boss Mick McCarthy will rightly be aggrieved by two decisions."

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "We were lucky today. We've been better than that and controlled the game much better in other matches. Today we had good fortune."

Spurs

"The equaliser came four minutes from normal time although both the home side and the visitors could have take away all three points”

Wigan

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "Great credit to Wigan in their approach to the game because they were faster and crisper than us”

it's been horrible viewing for most of this season. i don't remember us really ever bossing one game for a substantial period. we've laboured in most of our draws and victories.

last season we got a lot of good results in games we didn't dominate too but i don't thik the standard of play was as poor generally as it has been this season.

it's been horrible viewing for most of this season. i don't remember us really ever bossing one game for a substantial period. we've laboured in most of our draws and victories.

last season we got a lot of good results in games we didn't dominate too but i don't thik the standard of play was as poor generally as it has been this season.

Agree, even when we got battered in games last season we did play some good stuff. Norwich away comes to mind, and the first half at Fulham. Seen nothing of the sort so far though.

Not as much desperate defending this season.

Yep, looked comfortable at the back most of the time imo. We're just not "clicking" but I am fairly confident we will, playmakers just not quite playing well enough.

Though we played quite well first half yesterday, we were atrocious second half mind but we were not over-run.