Hurricane Sandy

LoveTheBobby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every one sitting round watching Sky, hoping to see scenes from the day after tomorrow!

:lol:

The BBC News presenter last night was quite apologetic that the darkness meant we couldn't see the desperate scenes of destruction that we all were obviously craving.

It's areet where I am, millions without power. Can't get anywhere mind due to downed power lines and trees. Luckily I'm more in land, the shore areas are pretty terrifying some parts completely underwater. There were 50 houses burned down in Queens in all sadly think the death toll will keep rising when the services properly get into some of the worst hit areas.

Nice one :) (Obviously current events aside) how you finding it ?

Don't think I'd have the bottle to take the jump and prohibited by committments just now but it's a place of the world I'd love to live at some point and always interested at how it compares to these isles .

Hit last night, the damage round where I am is just from trees falling and power lines coming down. The shore line and New York City are really bad, some of the smaller islands were completely underwater. We still have power where I am but most the town I'm in is without power. The boardwalks of some of the coastal towns are completely gone, a lot of piers have collapsed. I saw a picture somewhere of Seaside Heights where a roller coaster has fell into the Ocean.

We're lucky round me tbh, it's been a coastal storm mainly. They're saying the difference between this and Irene is that Irene was a tropical storm when it hit NJ are whereas this was a category 1 hurricane.

Nice one :) (Obviously current events aside) how you finding it ?

Don't think I'd have the bottle to take the jump and prohibited by committments just now but it's a place of the world I'd love to live at some point and always interested at how it compares to these isles .

It's canny Bobby, the weather is usually nicer (again current events excluded :lol:) than back home. People are mostly canny, aside from the overly patriotic lot who never shut up about the Revolutionary war. It's little things I miss like going down to the pub and that, lack of taxis where I am so going out for a few drinks is a bit of a process compared to walking down the pub. Cars cost a fortune in all, I thought they'd be cheap since you pretty much need one (outside of cities).

I spent 3 months in CT. Nice place but you get sick of biting your tongue whenever the conversation turns to muslims, blacks, gays, anywhere in the world other than America.... Its a scarily insular country. I tried to get in a bar in Tennesse once and the bouncer asked for id. I asked if my passport would do and he asked what one of those was :lol: genuinely true story!