Spyin' Kop - Liverpool v Newcastle United

StevenLFC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We might not like him but Dalglish is to them like Keegan is to us so I can understand why they defend him to the last. I reserve the right to detest him like.

It's like they had a choice of replies from George Best, Liam Gallagher, Johnny Rotten, John Major, Howard Wilkinson, Eddie Murphy, Bob Wilson and Cuba Gooding Jnr, and for some reason they've chosen the replies of Major, Wilkinson and Wilson.

Daz replies...oh dear.

Shame he's cherry picked the responses the way he has. Doesn't give a full representation of how Newcastle fans feel.

I shan't be doing the same, what's the point?

After reading a lot of their answers they're mainly all the same anyway. They all wanted Benitez and think they're too big for Pardew, they all seem to be under an illusion than Rogers isn't getting any stick, they all take a bit of a huff at anyone having a go a Suarez, they all predict they'll win and they all fear our attackers (well you're not really going to fear a keeper are you!). There's not a hell of a lot of insight there!

Should've just gave him Toonpack's PM address and saved us the bother of answering his questions. What a waste of time.

Wouldn't have answered, I fucking hate Liverpool, always have.

After reading a lot of their answers they're mainly all the same anyway. They all wanted Benitez and think they're too big for Pardew, they all seem to be under an illusion than Rogers isn't getting any stick, they all take a bit of a huff at anyone having a go a Suarez, they all predict they'll win and they all fear our attackers (well you're not really going to fear a keeper are you!). There's not a hell of a lot of insight there!

Too big for fucking Pardew. The same Pardew who is the bloke widely praised for setting in motion the best 10 years in Reading's history, or the bloke who was sacked by Reading after 4 months, not even three years ago?! Cheeky cunts. Pardew wouldn't go to Liverpool.

Aye I know. But a couple of responses made me laugh a bit:

Last sentence of this-

There's a lot of the ex-Liverpool lot in the media, on highlight shows, radio shows and as commentators. Do you think you're over-represented? And do their affections for their old club stop them from being balanced?

Save me from ex-Liverpool in the media. If they had any guts they'd be managing sides and that would have done Liverpool FC far more good than them sitting on couches trying desperately to fulfil the BBC's unbiased commentary remit by slagging us off unnecessarily. A lot of dislike on here is reserved for Lawrenson and Whelan, but Hansen is the one that gets me. He couldn't even stand up for his best mate Kenny during or after the Suarez nonsense.

And this:

Papers have Suarez on the back pages a lot, however it's more-often the bad side of his character that draws attention. Not getting into the racism debate again, but what of his other antics? The diving and the fouling; is it just part of his game that you have to accept in order to get the brilliance? (I'm aware there are other dirty players and other diving players, I'm specifically asking how Liverpool fans feel about the negative side of Suarez' game)

I absolutely adore every fucking side of him and wish we could clone him. He's a fighter and a winner. Couldn't care less what other fans are thinking.

H

couple of interesting responses though, like this one, which i think is fair enough:

There's a lot of the ex-Liverpool lot in the media, on highlight shows, radio shows and as commentators. Do you think you're over-represented? And do their affections for their old club stop them from being balanced?

I think we are over-represented, but in many ways it works against us. If you listen to them pipe on most either don't know much about Liverpool these days and are highly critical of us because they think we should be winning everything like we did when they were playing.

Too big for fucking Pardew. The same Pardew who is the bloke widely praised for setting in motion the best 10 years in Reading's history, or the bloke who was sacked by Reading after 4 months, not even three years ago?! Cheeky cunts. Pardew wouldn't go to Liverpool.

Aye, too big for Pardew but not Rodgers. Makes no sense at all but then again sense and scousers rarely go hand in hand.

I also found it incredible that quite a few of them seemed to think Thompson is the best or one of the best pundits! I don't think I'm being biased in thinking the man is a total cock! Personally I find Redknapp ok and strangely enough I think Souness is quite good despite absolutely loathing the man.

couple of interesting responses though, like this one, which i think is fair enough:

I think we are over-represented, but in many ways it works against us. If you listen to them pipe on most either don't know much about Liverpool these days and are highly critical of us because they think we should be winning everything like we did when they were playing.

So they think exactly the same as most of their deluded fans think! Maybe it's only when you see someone else doing it you realise what cocks they are!

Aye I know. But a couple of responses made me laugh a bit:

Last sentence of this-

Save me from ex-Liverpool in the media. If they had any guts they'd be managing sides and that would have done Liverpool FC far more good than them sitting on couches trying desperately to fulfil the BBC's unbiased commentary remit by slagging us off unnecessarily. A lot of dislike on here is reserved for Lawrenson and Whelan, but Hansen is the one that gets me. He couldn't even stand up for his best mate Kenny during or after the Suarez nonsense.

And this:

Papers have Suarez on the back pages a lot, however it's more-often the bad side of his character that draws attention. Not getting into the racism debate again, but what of his other antics? The diving and the fouling; is it just part of his game that you have to accept in order to get the brilliance? (I'm aware there are other dirty players and other diving players, I'm specifically asking how Liverpool fans feel about the negative side of Suarez' game)

I absolutely adore every fucking side of him and wish we could clone him. He's a fighter and a winner. Couldn't care less what other fans are thinking.

H

Hansens bad because he couldn't defend the indefensible? Fuck me!

Aye, too big for Pardew but not Rodgers. Makes no sense at all but then again sense and scousers rarely go hand in hand.

I also found it incredible that quite a few of them seemed to think Thompson is the best or one of the best pundits! I don't think I'm being biased in thinking the man is a total cock! Personally I find Redknapp ok and strangely enough I think Souness is quite good despite absolutely loathing the man.

Agree with every word you've said there. Souness is excellent, if you wanted comedy you'd put a video of Jack Dee on, well maybe not him, but too many of these pundits try hard to be funny, when all football fans want is insight and stories they haven't heard. Souness has no humour, but he is very good, while Redknapp can mix both brilliantly to be fair, but Thompson, I've seen him screw his face up when he's said the word "Newcastle" before. Lawrenson though it's difficult to type this without laughing, he's always been shite but in recent years he's become even worse, from his "England have been numerically outnumbered in the midfield" to his "it's sometimes better to defend a one goal lead than a two goal lead". He's shit, he's biased, get him off, and get Pleat off while you're on who's the only one who is worse. Mind one tournament when he insisted on called Jaroslav Plasil, as "Pie Shield" for some reason. Why would you deliberately pronounce someones name incorrectly?

Agree with every word you've said there. Souness is excellent, if you wanted comedy you'd put a video of Jack Dee on, well maybe not him, but too many of these pundits try hard to be funny, when all football fans want is insight and stories they haven't heard. Souness has no humour, but he is very good, while Redknapp can mix both brilliantly to be fair, but Thompson, I've seen him screw his face up when he's said the word "Newcastle" before. Lawrenson though it's difficult to type this without laughing, he's always been shite but in recent years he's become even worse, from his "England have been numerically outnumbered in the midfield" to his "it's sometimes better to defend a one goal lead than a two goal lead". He's shit, he's biased, get him off, and get Pleat off while you're on who's the only one who is worse. Mind one tournament when he insisted on called Jaroslav Plasil, as "Pie Shield" for some reason. Why would you deliberately pronounce someones name incorrectly?

Aye Lawrenson and Pleat are the epitome of shite. Well I'd have to add Trevor Francis in with that too. I find it very difficult to listen to anything he says though as his fucking awful accent bores me to death straight away!

He's just an absolute idiot. Like, he genuinely offers nothing and what he does offer is just blatant partiality to one team. When he was slating Cabaye for getting injured in that game, saying he went down too easily, and even as the stretcher came on he was saying 'nah, was a soft tackle, gone down too easily for me, needs to get on with it.' Even when Cabaye left the pitch on said stretcher, at no point did he actually say 'well he actually looks like he is hurt, my apologies' (which i would have respected), but just continued his spiel saying 'get him off the pitch the game needs to go on'. I remember him also in the same game sledging us for not having our subs ready in time (which we did i think someone was tying the strings on their shorts)... i was like, are you for fucking real?!! :lol: Has your banality resorted to this?

One more thing as well that has just sprung to mind. I recall watching a game a few seasons ago when a player got sent off and he said (something along the lines of) 'see, i dont like that, he's just gone down straight down the tunnel without even acknowledging his team mates or watching the rest of the game with them. Bad form.' Didn't he know that a player sent off MUST leave the pitch and pitch side? :lol: How close to the game can someone get who is so dangerously ignorant of it? Answer: Ray Wilkins.

Edited by ADP

Tbf, there was fuck all wrong with Cabaye as it transpired. Shocking tackle though. About 10x worse than Tiote's v the mackems. Which, ironically, 'Butch' Wilkins said was a definite straight red.

Tbf, there was fuck all wrong with Cabaye as it transpired. Shocking tackle though. About 10x worse than Tiote's v the mackems. Which, ironically, 'Butch' Wilkins said was a definite straight red.

It was never a red like.

butch wilking aka the crab. i thought he was a massively over-rated player too. king of the 5 yard sideways pass. first player to get sent off for england in a world cup too iirc

That was never a red either. He was a good player like. His 80-odd England caps would be 100+ these days with the friendlies etc. Played for Milan as well in an era when not many English players went abroad. SBR rated him highly as well.

That was never a red either. He was a good player like. His 80-odd England caps would be 100+ these days with the friendlies etc. Played for Meelan as well in an era when not many English players went abroad. SBR rated him highly as well.

FYP