So this Twilight thing..

catmag

Someone enlighten me. There are sane, intelligent, rational women at work going absolutely do-lally over the fact this film is out today/tomorrow/whenever. They turn into babbling freaks when talking about Robert Pattinson who to me looks like a pale, pubescent type of chap. What am I missing? Is it really that amazing? Will my life be enriched by making the effort to learn any more about this vampire stuff?

I realise I'm probably very late to the party here but I'm just not getting it...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got dragged along to see one at the pictures, and I'm not joking, it's the worst film I've ever paid to go and see.

Can't remember which one it was, but there were prolonged scenes of the bint and the pale freak staring at one another in a tent cos they'd had a falling out. And I mean prolonged to where I wanted to stand up and walk out. I don't need to sit through teenagers being huffily silent with one another.

Absolutely dismal.

I'm going to see the latest one soon. :lol:

Someone enlighten me. There are sane, intelligent, rational women at work going absolutely do-lally over the fact this film is out today/tomorrow/whenever. They turn into babbling freaks when talking about Robert Pattinson who to me looks like a pale, pubescent type of chap. What am I missing? Is it really that amazing? Will my life be enriched by making the effort to learn any more about this vampire stuff?

I realise I'm probably very late to the party here but I'm just not getting it...

I picked two thirty something intelligent woman up after the first one and they were virtually at "breaking point" (tried a few phrases first :lol: ) in the back of the taxi. I didnt feel safe!

I know the plot given my lass and one of my best mates have both read it. This is the climactic film where

absolutely fuck all happens in the end

. Seriously!

Dreadful, odious, shoddily-written, some daft religious bint's wet dream that for some reason manages to skip past the reader's ability to see it for what it is.

Misogynistic drivel.

I got dragged along to see one at the pictures, and I'm not joking, it's the worst film I've ever paid to go and see.

Can't remember which one it was, but there were prolonged scenes of the bint and the pale freak staring at one another in a tent cos they'd had a falling out. And I mean prolonged to where I wanted to stand up and walk out. I don't need to sit through teenagers being huffily silent with one another.

Absolutely dismal.

You are so under the thumb :lol:

Absolutely dismal.

:lol:

Reminds me I had a mini rant on here about the one I saw

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/374-film-you-most-recently-watched/page__st__9360#entry768176

The graphics on the trailer for this one look shite. When she jumps and catches that cat! It looks worse than young Obi Wan riding the back of a plattypotomous on that Star Wars film 15 years ago.

Wor lass used to watch a bit of that thing set in the Deep South with Vinnie off Home and Away on. True Blood? That was alright I thought. Twilight is for teenage (and younger) lasses though, Shirley.

Wor lass used to watch a bit of that thing set in the Deep South with Vinnie off Home and Away on. True Blood? That was alright I thought. Twilight is for teenage (and younger) lasses though, Shirley.

Lasses my age (early 20s) go absolutely batshit over it and the first one was out when we were 17/18 (I think). Between this, people genuinely paying to see Steps and constant obsession with nostalgia, my generation can go ahead and get killed in the next war for all I care.

Wor lass goers to see it with her mate. Ive seen them and found them watchable but no way would I go to the pics with her to see it. They're all fucking miserable in it. Im not keen on her anyway and find her acting painful (Snow white and the Huntsman another example). Its kinda .. vampires for the Harry Potter era? For me, see Trueblood (series) if you want a Vampire hit. Not this chick-flick-esq sparkly offering.

You are so under the thumb :lol:

It's a game of give and take. I got to see Argo last weekend and now I have to suffer this. Having negotiated an end to X Factor, calling me under the thumb is an outrage. I'm absolutely dominating my home situation.

I don't see the huge fuss. I've read the books, they're a canny read but I'm not really fussy when it comes to books, as long as it has a story I can follow easily.

The films are okay too. I downloaded the first few and only saw last year's at the cinema as I had a week off work and nothing better to do. I went on my own :lol: which felt incredibly tragic, but all my mates were at work and I wouldn't dream of taking wor lad.

I'll see the last one just to complete the set and compare to the book, but I'll probably wait for a download unless any of the lasses are going.

Can't say I find the vampire bloke at all attractive, he's got a right staring problem. And she's miserable as fuck!

It was fucking dire man, Jill. All that ansgt. You're good looking teenagers, you've got it made for fuck's sake. Wait until you get a job. Seriously though, they NEVER had a laugh, not once. It was all navel gazing, woe is me shit. I'd have given my left ball to shag Katie Holmes or Michelle Williams when I was in 6th form.

Edited by Alex

Sounds like Dawson's Creek.

Spot on. Dawson's creek with vampires and were wolves ffs. Absolutely awful. Was forced to the cinema to see the last one and it was easily the worst film I have paid to see. I've flat out refused to dee this one.

My wife is intelligent but she doesn't half like some shit. I don't get it.

Edited by Renton

Mrs P loves these films. I know realise I must have driven her mad and these teen romantic vampire things are her last refuge against my love hegemony.

It was fucking dire man, Jill. All that ansgt. You're good looking teenagers, you've got it made for fuck's sake. Wait until you get a job. Seriously though, they NEVER had a laugh, not once. It was all navel gazing, woe is me shit. I'd have given my left ball to shag Katie Holmes or Michelle Williams when I was in 6th form.

I can't say I disagree, really, other than the shagging bit. :lol:

I still like it though. Must be my angsty tendencies.