Steven Taylor

JawD

The team has visibly given up. Morale must be a fucking shambles. There is enough quality in this squad to have a lot more than 25 points. Purely attitude and a spine holding them back.

Edited by Holden McGroin

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst offender by far is Sissoko. Just observe his movement when he doesn't have the ball - never makes a run and if fact drifts into where opposition players are.

His feet seem permanently stuck to the ground too. Loses every header because he expects the ball to drop to him.

Who, Sissoko?

Hasn't lost the ability, just the impetus. He's a lazy bastard.

Sissoko has some talent, but his workrate is abysmal, that's what pisses me of the most as he's far more capable than the performances he puts in

Henry Winter was spot on regarding Taylor when speakong on The Times' football podcast this week, saying for years it's never his fault and when he makes a mistake he stands there pointing at others in the hope that people let him off the hook. Utter coward.

Sissoko has some talent, but his workrate is abysmal, that's what pisses me of the most as he's far more capable than the performances he puts in

Laurent Robert was exactly the same. Hugely frustrating!

Oh and DK, you're right. Much better word...

Comparing Robert to Sissoko is a bit too much like. Robert was a quality player who didn't perform to his undoubted potential sure, but Sissoko is just shit full stop - he's not going to be hitting the assist rate or free kick proficiency that Robert had if he was double the player he is. Robert was no Ginola, don't get me wrong but even as a lazy bastard he was far more effective than Sissoko.

Comparing Robert to Sissoko is a bit too much like. Robert was a quality player who didn't perform to his undoubted potential sure, but Sissoko is just shit full stop - he's not going to be hitting the assist rate or free kick proficiency that Robert had if he was double the player he is. Robert was no Ginola, don't get me wrong but even as a lazy bastard he was far more effective than Sissoko.

Different kinds of player to be fair. I still see Sissoko having a good career mostly because he'll be playing at a higher level than us where he's not under as much pressure to defend.

I'm think in the minority here, but I think Steven has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in Europe. I am being very speculative here but there's not many players with his range of arm gestures and the vision and execution to turn average passes into defence-splitting passes. However he's clearly a bit of a fragile character, and he definitely hasn't covered himself in glory since coming here.

He was still a lazy bastard though. :)

I tried to find a youtube compilation of Clarence Acuna running about a bit, but no joy.

Nope. Sissoko should be a monster in the Premier League. Pace, power, decent technique (when he's concentrating), stamina, dynamism and directness.

Hasn't the interest in taking his game to the next level though, seems to think that his past performances and his potential are enough to secure a move to a top club, that they'll ignore his most recent form and attitude.

Nope. Sissoko should be a monster in the Premier League. Pace, power, decent technique (when he's concentrating), stamina, dynamism and directness.

Hasn't the interest in taking his game to the next level though, seems to think that his past performances and his potential are enough to secure a move to a top club, that they'll ignore his most recent form and attitude.

Hides behind opposition players so is never an option to whoever has the ball. And observe him challenging for a header - his feet are glued to the deck.

If he's 'all that' PSG will be in for him in the summer. Good luck to him :)

Hides behind opposition players so is never an option to whoever has the ball. And observe him challenging for a header - his feet are glued to the deck.

If he's 'all that' PSG will be in for him in the summer. Good luck to him :)

Aye, it's not his ability that's been in question, just his attitude. Same with Wijnaldum.

Aye, it's not his ability that's been in question, just his attitude. Same with Wijnaldum.

I think the difference with Wijnaldum is he doesn't know what the f**k has hit him and hopefully next season will be the emergence of what he can really deliver.

Sissoko has been consistently abject for a couple of seasons now. It's almost as though he believes he's done what he needs to do, it's someone else's turn.

I think the difference with Wijnaldum is he doesn't know what the f**k has hit him and hopefully next season will be the emergence of what he can really deliver.

Sissoko has been consistently abject for a couple of seasons now. It's almost as though he believes he's done what he needs to do, it's someone else's turn.

Well, I'm sure whoever gets to enjoy Gini, really delivering appreciate him.

Agree with the last bit too, definitely nobody taking responsibility on the pitch.

I think it is his ability to be honest, based on what we've seen out of him so far.

Having very athletic attributes does not make a decent footballer alone - Sissoko looks strong and fast because he is, but I don't think he's got the brain or footballing attributes to be a top player. Not sure about this decent technique - I think he can dribble in a straight line until the ball gets caught in his feet and that's about it. He's had a couple of good assists, but when put in with all his other crosses they could well be fluke.

Going back to Robert, he was a top footballer anyway, but had potential greater than even that. I do think us having Ginola for all those years spoiled us for a left winger, Robert was still very very good. A goal every 3 games or something.

I always thought Bobbys frustration was due to the fact that he could have been so much better if he put in the effort.

Robert's goal at 2:48 man.

Edited by scoobos

Aye I don't think Sissoko has a great deal of ability tbh, he's just a really good athlete and is able to burst past people or barge them out the way. When it comes to technical ability I don't think he has a great deal, as Scoobos says he definitely lacks a footballing brain and seems to me to be a head down runner type. I think if he applied himself he'd be a decent enough Premier League player but I haven't seen anything ability wise that makes me think he could be a top CL level player.

We've literally seen a handful of good performances from him in 3 years and those were where he just physically overpowered the opposition more than showing any vision or real skill, before us he was at a middling Ligue 1 club, I honestly don't know why any decent side would be interested tbh, I mean stranger things have happened but from what I've seen from him over 3 years he's not much use and he's not exactly a young up and comer now he's really what you'd start seeing as a finished product for a player (I know he can still improve I just mean it's not like he's 20 year old with potential, he's 26 and has a decent sized body of work mostly consisting of average to shit performances).

Whatever happens I genuinely hope we never see him play for NUFC again after this season, he's one of the very select few NUFC players I've really fucking disliked.

Edited by Howay