Steven Taylor

JawD

No, you claimed you said on here last season that the Pardew was shite and the players, with one or two exceptions, were shite. Am saying I dont remember anyone having major complaints about anything.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32014-hatem-ben-master-silences-his-critics/page__st__320#entry1016396

Thats one page, not everything was 100% spot on but many of the sentiments voiced then are manifesting themselves now.

So no, not everyone was popping champagne bottles last season.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27h of december 2011.

Id rather we tried to play some decent fotball and be a developing side in 10th' date=' than playing like stoke and be 7th.

One style entertains, brings promises of an identity and future fotball and brings benevolent images associated with our team - the other is just a borefest which ultimately has a good chance of biting us in the ass

[/quote']

Ta-daaa

High hopes? You bet

Bit too demanding: probably

But this is Newcastle, and I am not content with simply winning. We should look somewhat stylish while doing it.

I'll say you're consistant....you're as unrealistic last season as you're being this season.

We all want that, and you're jumping all over Pardew in particular because he's not delivering it. With the huuuuge backing of Mike Ashley. If you can't see that a. the two are intrinsically linked and b.it may take some time before we see real progress then I guess we're never going to see c. you pissing off and annoying some other unlucky fuckers ...

Edited by PaddockLad

Get as personal as you want, you click that page and read my posts there and tell me I didnt foresee what was coming.

It doesnt matter if you claw 1-0 victories from time to time, unless you learn how to win games comfortably and dominate you will never become a top team.

Pardew has come out and claimed Ashley asked him when he was bringing in a central defender, if he has that much say regarding transfers then he cant blame the owners.

And if it was a lie, he has made his bed and now have to lie in it.

I voiced concerns over our style one year ago and they are coming true now.

Page one I offered some views about what - despite the success we were enjoying at the time - we had to work on as a team and where we were lacking.

I think even Stevie can admit those worries have been proven right this fall so far.

Im not one to dig out old to posts to prove my point but Paddock and happyface were inquiring about the critical voices last season and I was one of them.

Monroe Transfer, the queen of overreacting to others overreactions on here predictably wrote them all off as hogwash since were scraping 1-0 wins but in hindsight

he has to admit the wins were papering over the grand canyon-sized cracks ;)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

your point being? :lol:

That appears to be me attempting to pull into line another "told you so!" merchant.

The road Ashley is taking us down has left me a complete scizophrenic. I think he's a cunt, but if he follows through this policy it could well work. Its what won Forest 2 European Cups and kept Lyon in the latter stages of the champions league for a decade more recently. Its going to take time though and last season gave me enough hope to give him and Pardew the benefit of the doubt for this season at least. Or at least until we're in the bottom 3 :D

Now can you pull up the thread from last spring where I argued long and hard that Europe had come a season too early for us and was told to cheer up and stop being a miserable bastard...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em ;)

season too early...sounds like we are wigan and have no right to be there. We are newcastle united, we should be in europe every year.

So what if its alot of games. Its a privilegue playing there. YOU COPE. You dont whine. Get on with it.

That appears to be me attempting to pull into line another "told you so!" merchant.

The road Ashley is taking us down has left me a complete scizophrenic. I think he's a cunt, but if he follows through this policy it could well work. Its what won Forest 2 European Cups and kept Lyon in the latter stages of the champions league for a decade more recently. Its going to take time though and last season gave me enough hope to give him and Pardew the benefit of the doubt for this season at least. Or at least until we're in the bottom 3 :D

Now can you pull up the thread from last spring where I argued long and hard that Europe had come a season too early for us and was told to cheer up and stop being a miserable bastard...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em ;)

:lol:

My point wasn't about your contribution to that thread, I linked to my post where I said we were shite in April....because there were major complaints last season and it seems to be getting forgotten even by people who were complaining at the time too.

Those of us labelled "team negative" shouldn't allow this rewrite of history where everyone was cock-a-hoop at the end of the season and looking forward to more top of the table tussles.

My point wasn't about your contribution to that thread, I linked to my post where I said we were shite in April....because there were major complaints last season and it seems to be getting forgotten even by people who were complaining at the time too.

Those of us labelled "team negative" shouldn't allow this rewrite of history where everyone was cock-a-hoop at the end of the season and looking forward to more top of the table tussles.

Thats fair enough, am not trying to put words in anyones mouth. There was a general feel good factor and hope for the future from at least 80% though, including me to a certain extent. It appears to have all gone, but there were enough good things for a little hope to survive, even for me. Thing is nowts changed, we've had less luck and more injuries. I can accept that because I knew last season was only the start of a very long road...

season too early...sounds like we are wigan and have no right to be there. We are newcastle united, we should be in europe every year.

So what if its alot of games. Its a privilegue playing there. YOU COPE. You dont whine. Get on with it.

All that is irrelevent when you're owned by Mike Ashley.

A friend of a friend of a friend...anyway..

My mate was knocking about with a good friend of Tim Krul's & apparently Taylor will give £1000 to anyone who can eat 10 donuts & drink a litre of coke in less than 3 minutes. :lol:

:lol:

Me and some mates have a similar thing going, we have a few of those 7-8 lbs ( not sure how much but its big) bags of winegum lying around.

We`ve promised 1000 pounds if someone can eat an entire one in a sitting - take all the time you want.