Euro 2020 - to be held in cities across Europe

Tooj

Uefa will stage the Euro 2020 tournament in a number of cities across the continent' date=' the European governing body decided on Thursday.

The decision was taken by Uefa's executive committee at a meeting in Lausanne.

It means there will be no one country hosting the tournament. The Football Association has already put forward Wembley to Uefa as a possible venue for the final.[/quote']

that's fucking mental and will make it near on impossible for people to plan/afford to goto games for their own team.

Don't think the fans ever factor into these decisions, which says it all really.

Platinis politics, as Henry winter said on twitter, lot of FAs will be grateful to him for some big money spinning games.

He'll keep his power off the back of this

Platinis politics, as Henry winter said on twitter, lot of FAs will be grateful to him for some big money spinning games.

He'll keep his power off the back of this

So, all the little pissy pre-puberty countries will get a group game or two, Us, Germany Spain and Italy will get a QF, whoever pays most will get a Semi Final, and the Final will be in Paris.

What a fucking shambles :lol:

Pathetic. You could have England v Belgium in Fenerbahce's stadium, England v Germany in Moscow, and England v Turkey in Lisbon. That would just be our group. How many England fans would travel to all three??? I've been to three international tournaments including Euro96, and the buzz in the countries that hosts them is something else. Abysmal decision.

as well as how in the fuck is anyone going to book/get to a quarter/semi/final anywhere near in time without guesswork and luck that their team end up in the right spot.

Exactly.

Yet another big 'fuck you' from professional football. It's getting harder and harder to like this sport. I've never been as disinterested in football as I am currently.

I don't understand why organisations such as this are consistently run by ex-footballers.

It's a business, making business decisions, it should be run by business people.

Would you want football run from a purely business perspective?

Edited by ewerk

We talk about it not being fair on fans, but this clearly benefits the fans in smaller countries who are never going to be able to host a tournament. If I lived in somewhere like Croatia I'd be buzzing.

While it might be an inconvenience to us Brits you've got to see it from UEFA's perspective whose job is to serve European football, not just pussy foot around the big few.

We talk about it not being fair on fans, but this clearly benefits the fans in smaller countries who are never going to be able to host a tournament. If I lived in somewhere like Croatia I'd be buzzing.

While it might be an inconvenience to us Brits you've got to see it from UEFA's perspective whose job is to serve European football, not just pussy foot around the big few.

Bollocks, this isn't about serving fans at all.

That'll be how they spin it but if you look at where the tournament has been held over the last twenty years then England were the only hosts who could be considered a reasonable footballing and economic power. Smaller countries already have plenty of opportunity to submit joint bids.