Memory

McFaul

My memory is shite. It used to be OK, for some things absolutely brilliant, but I don't know why but my memory has gaping gaps in it. I know its often linked to stress but I'm not stressed about anything really, I'm quite happy and content, but my short term memory is fucked up.

It used to be like this years ago when I did speed and e regularly, and it's not as frustrating as it was then, there's nee depression, it's just my brain is working like I'm a spanner.

I had 4 pints before the game and one at half time on Saturday, and I walked to Gotham Town for a few pints with me mates and lads I sit next to after the game, and I couldn't tell you how we got there, what we talked about or anything. I know it sounds like nothing about a completely unimportant point, but I should be able to remember how I fuckin got to the pub. It was only yesterday. My lass is noticing it too, surely mid 30's is too early to go senile.

How can I remember Gavin Peacock's hattrick against Oxford 21 years ago but I can't remember something that happened yesterday. Does anyone else have a shite memory. I appreciate I sound like some sort of spanner writing this, but I'm genuinely starting to think it's an issue.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit memory is a sign of genius Stevie.

I don't think it applies on this occasion.

The amount of times people have said to me "a naa man, ye telt iz last week", it's funny but it isn't. Hopefully it's a short term thing, but it's like amnesia.

I've a shocking memory. I can be halfway through an anecdote when you get that look on the face of the sudience and you relaise they've definitely heard this before. My family think I'm deliberately not turning up to stuff, or not remembering Birthdays, or whatever. Like I'm being a cunt just because I think my sisters are leeches, sucking the joy, life and cash out of my parents.

Thing is, I can recite commentary or conversations or routines that stick, but ask me to remember to pick up bogroll when I go to the supermarket and you've no fucking chance. Ask me what year something happened I draw a blank.

Stevie, I know I'm only a scouse in the sun but man start taking some fish oil daily or flax seed oil if you don't do fish.

Similar happened to me a few years back, it was fucked but after a couple of weeks of 3000mg a day and the memory was back.

Also make sure you buy a decent brand fish oil, one that is tested for heavy metals.

Stevie, I know I'm only a scouse in the sun but man start taking some fish oil daily or flax seed oil if you don't do fish.

Similar happened to me a few years back, it was fucked but after a couple of weeks of 3000mg a day and the memory was back.

Also make sure you buy a decent brand fish oil, one that is tested for heavy metals.

I'll give that a go Sammy thanks.

The biggest sign youve got a memory problem is the fact you went to Gotham, surely you can remember how shite the place is from whenever you last visited.

:lol:

Another example right, me mates uncle is a steward at the match, does us loads of match related good turns, shared many beers with him, been at loads of non league games with him, he's a good bloke. Me card wasn't working on Saturday, so he had to let me in the other entrance and I went "thanks ermm...aye cheers for this ye knaa, you're a good lad...you are." In the space of 20 seconds could I fuck remember the cunts name, met him so many times. I even text me mate, "heart of gold you're uncle", still unable to remember his name. Then out of the blue I'm eating some food about 9pm, "Davie!! That's the cunts name" 8 hours later.

All joking aside, heavy drug use in your younger years could have affected your short term memory

I was nee Mick Jagger, but I did "indulge". edit: FFS I chose Mick Jagger because it's taken me 5 minutes to remember Shaun Ryder's name!

I know you're right though, but I've had fuck all since 2002 really. The odd herbal joint, the odd line of toot. It's just recently my memory has started to go pretty shite. How can I remember Derek Dorkins the Torquay centre half shitting himself in 1990 against Tottenham on the pitch, but I can't remember what I did on Wednesday and Thursday night.

You mean Keith Richards? ;)

I actually take flax seed-based omega 3,6 and 9 (with being veggie / not eating any fish) and I think my memory is better than it used to be (not the main reason I take them). Mind, I used to be really forgetful when I was a young kid.

You mean Keith Richards? ;)

I actually take flax seed-based omega 3,6 and 9 (with being veggie / not eating any fish) and I think my memory is better than it used to be (not the main reason I take them). Mind, I used to be really forgetful when I was a young kid.

Where do you get this like? Holland and Barretts? I need to try something because if I keep going like this I'll be a window licker in 20 years time.

I have a shit memory, short term anyway. I also have a shit footballing brain. I'm not even 100% sure what my first game was other than I think it was at home v Man City. I remember my first other game was actually Hibs v Airdrie around 1990. I can remember shit I done as a 10-16 yr old but Im shocking with names etc. I too dabbled in stuff mostly in the 90s (acid & pills mostly) but have had nowt in years. Not sure how much they help, but I'd have to advocate taking fish oils if you dont eat much oily fish naturally. I take 2-3 Omega 369 tablets 4-5 days a week and I also try to eat salmon. You could also look up Krill Oil which is meant to be better as you dont need as much. My Dr told me to take a spoonful of cod liver oil a day as he reckoned you dont get enough from the capsules. I done that for a while but its rank.

I have a fucking shit memory too. Father had Alzeimers (forgot how to spell it ;) ) so I put it down to some gene issues off him.

Erm, I assume your joking with that last comment. You can't have a "bit" of Alzheimer's.

I reckon your problem is the drink Stevie, you might not be able to handle it like you could once. You're a bit early for dementia yet mind.

As for drugs, who knows? Is Alex the exception that proves the rule? He's got brilliant memory IIRC. ;)

Edited by Renton