Massadio Haïdara signs for Newcastle on 5.5 year deal

Tooj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of stories saying they're preparing to spunk £24m on Balotelli.

If that happens then they definitely won't be going after Santon until the summer. Given how he can't defend when played on the left, it wouldn't be that great a loss provided we got someone better in. Idea scenario would be him and Debuchy vying for the RB spot and a new LB coming in with pressure from Raylor/Fergo Baggins for a starting role.

we need a left back

we need a centreback..really we need two esp if colo is going

we need a replacement striker for Ba plus the one we needed who isn't crap for cover before he left!

so bringing this lad in would be good, but not at the cost of a centrehalf or a striker which is what the cynical shite in me sees happening when they trot out the "back from injury, new players, kids coming through, just spent 2.5m on this guy!"

I had good info last week from a friend that we were talking to 5 players. If that inc Remy and poss this bloke then that's down to three already (unless backups have been triggered). Getting a bit worried. Need to up our game reg negotiating with more awareness...The gazumping can't go on like.

Excellent news for me if this deal comes off. He seems to be very highly rated in France.

That's despite people on here saying we should only go out and buy players for the first team despite our squad players not being up to it.

Excellent news for me if this deal comes off. He seems to be very highly rated in France.

That's despite people on here saying we should only go out and buy players for the first team despite our squad players not being up to it.

Definitely. He's a good young player, don't see why people would have anything against us bringing him in. Simpson is probably gone sometime within the next 6 months, so we could be lacking full back depth.

If Debuchy gets injured, move Santon over to the right and stick this lad at LB. If Santon gets injured we can just do a straight swap. Perfect!

Edited by Bictor