Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, zerosum said:

From being in, to out. Of course.

It's not that simple though, is it? What did you / do you envisage the relationship as being? And why? And what are the tangible benefits? Don't really expect an answer because it's not something I would expect many people to be able to consider given the complex issues involved and none of what would definitely happen and the way Brexit would be handled was defined. That's why it's not something which I view as a particularly democratic process.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The 'my business benefitted' argument is currently the only rational argument ever made for Brexit that I've come across. So he has some of my respect for that.

Must be a debt collector.

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what is your business, zerosum? and how has brexit helped? are you an exporter and did you predict the massive plunge in the pound or something? 

Even that's a false economy. I work for an exporter and yeah, we got a huge boost from the pound collapsing... but now deals aren't going through, customers from Europe are looking for new means to source product through. You can feel the shift.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what is your business, zerosum? and how has brexit helped? are you an exporter and did you predict the massive plunge in the pound or something? 

Your last comment is partly it. I don't predict but need volatility.. which such shocks bring. See my introduction on page 19 of the "introduce yourself" thread from a few years back. 

36 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Ok, not going to get in debate about it, as it seems there's far too many passionate remainers and I'm outnumbered haha..

But my main reason was selfish, for my own mini economy.. my business will benefit massively from leaving.

After that, I would like to see us take back control of our laws and be able to make decisions on our country which will benefit its residents without all the EU bureaucracy.

Whether that ever happens, who knows. But it wasn't going to happen by remaining.

/end

Which EU laws have had a negative effect on you personally, out of interest? I've asked this question of many brexiters and none have thought of a single one.

EU laws are largely regulatory, they have zero impact on criminal laws. We have full sovereignty over everything that matters. Criminal law, welfare, health, education, defence etc. We had a veto to maintain this.

We are still going to need to implement the EU regulatory framework no matter what happens. Only now we will have to duplicate all the regulatorybodies which will coat a fortune. Nice one. 

2 minutes ago, zerosum said:

In addition I part own another business that sells to customers globally.. business has been booming because suddenly we are "cheap". 

You voted Brexit to collapse the value of the pound? Nice one. 

4 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Anyway, you lot have a sneaky way of fishing people into a debate that they couldn't be arsed to have!! Good luck and all the best.. :nufc:seriously..

This is a political thread on a message board. Not entirely unreasonable to ask for some exchange of ideas. :icon_lol:

But since you won't answer, I'll assume there is no EU regulation which has negatively impacted your life. So you have "taken back control" of nothing. Well done. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

This is a political thread on a message board. Not entirely unreasonable to ask for some exchange of ideas. :icon_lol:

But since you won't answer, I'll assume there is no EU regulation which has negatively impacted your life. So you have "taken back control" of nothing. Well done. 

Ok. You are right, I am wrong.

Hope that makes you happy.