Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm being more civil than you deserve, that's for sure.

The 8000 figure is an average figure. The 16000 figure is a peak figure. It's fairly obvious that systems have to be able to operate to the maximum throughput, not the average. Can you grasp this?

Regardless, either figure is mind boggling huge. I can't imagine what 10,000 wagons look like. So, a simple question for you. In the event that custom checks had to be introduced in March 2019, do you honestly believe Dover could function? Yes, or no? 

Yes if the government act.

The bottom line is though even if a trade deal is not agreed, I’m pretty sure both sides would still agree to a transition period to allow plans to be implemented. Regardless of your earlier comments, all of the EU businesses will still want to trade with us and will be just as keen for that trade to be practical.

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yes if the government act.

The bottom line is though even if a trade deal is not agreed, I’m pretty sure both sides would still agree to a transition period to allow plans to be implemented. Regardless of your earlier comments, all of the EU businesses will still want to trade with us and will be just as keen for that trade to be practical.

Everything you've been "pretty  sure" about to date has been proven wrong. It's not a simple matter of what business wants, the politics are much more complex than this.

I literally can't comprehend how you have such faith in this shambolic government, or how a relatively benign Tory such as yourself (though still a cunt ;) ) could align yourself with the extreme right of the party. Unless you are being contrary of course.  

7 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

The obvious solution is to agree to carry on with a frictionless customers arrangement. Failing that we move onto a system like the frictionless one at Southampton that handles the majority of non EU imports and exports.

This is why it’s important that the we take a view soon whether the EU is going to come to it’s senses or not.

(which it seems they are starting to do given yesterday’s leak from the foreign ministry).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/868025/Brexit-news-leaked-paper-Germany-preparing-EU-trade-deal-Britain/amp

Hopefully the waving of Willy’s is waning.

I honestly couldn’t find anything at all about this in our press.

Of course not, CT is reduced to posting articles from the express - one of the few publications out there that publishes positive(ish) Brexit stories.

not the most credible source.

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Everything you've been "pretty  sure" about to date has been proven wrong. It's not a simple matter of what business wants, the politics are much more complex than this.

I literally can't comprehend how you have such faith in this shambolic government, or how a relatively benign Tory such as yourself (though still a cunt ;) ) could align yourself with the extreme right of the party. Unless you are being contrary of course.  

:lol: Cunt & Contary, Defcon 4.5

You are extremely naive if you think business will not overcome the politics of this. Guaranteed, deal or no deal there will be a transition period.

Also, all this extreme right patter :lol: Lots of centrists both Labour and Conservative voted for Brexit. Corbyn has always been eurosceptic. Is he right wing?

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Of course not, CT is reduced to posting articles from the express - one of the few publications out there that publishes positive(ish) Brexit stories.

not the most credible source.

:lol: As mentioned above, it’s Bloomberg who have the documents and broke the story.

I suppose they are pro Brexit and not credible too :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Cunt & Contary, Defcon 4.5

You are extremely naive if you think business will not overcome the politics of this. Guaranteed, deal or no deal there will be a transition period.

Also, all this extreme right patter :lol: Lots of centrists both Labour and Conservative voted for Brexit. Corbyn has always been eurosceptic. Is he right wing?

I'm naive? :lol:

Take a look back through this, thread, you have been wrong about almost everything.

Like Davis, Fox, and Johnson, you maintained a cracking deal would be easy and we would gorge on cake and it'd still be there the next morning. Cos BMWs and prosecco.

Then just yesterday you were of the opinion WTO was an acceptable option and have invoked magical thinking into thinking there are no practical issues of concern here. Exactly like the extreme crackpots have. The nutters who are destroying your own party.

The only good news that I can see is that this will see the Tories out of power for a generation, maybe forever. Their utter incompetence, duplicitousness, and callousness has been exposed for all to see. Bunch of cunts. You're welcome.

7 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: As mentioned above, it’s Bloomberg who have the documents and broke the story.

Can’t find anything about it on Bloomberg.com either...

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Link? I haven't read this story in any credible source

46 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ok, I missed that story. It's worth noting that the German desire for a future free trade agreement with us comes with conditions (see passage from that Bloomberg piece below), which I don't think the hard brexiteers will accept. 

In its paper, the ministry recommends that the free-trade deal should be “balanced, ambitious and far-reaching,” with the degree of access to the EU’s single market conditional on the extent to which the U.K. is prepared to adhere to regulatory norms. Even where the U.K. agrees to common rules, there can be no “cherry-picking” that gives the U.K. a competitive advantage, it said.

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Doesn’t defcon go down when things get more serious and not up?

Aye, DEFCON 1 is basically finger on the button I think. Got to DEFCON 2 during the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

5 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Name calling is a sign of insecurity fuckheads!

I'm entirely secure on the fact that CT is a contrary idiot. 

He does pose the philosophical quandary as to whether it's better to be informed and miserable or ignorant and happy though. As long as the soma keeps flowing he gives the impression of being as happy as a pig in shit. How true this is I can only guess. Underneath the Panama hat those piggy eyes have sadness that belies the smug grin.....

:razz: 

Difficult to imagine anyone that desperate for attention is also that happy. Although it's even more difficult to imagine being that ignorant so who knows?