Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm entirely secure on the fact that CT is a contrary idiot. 

He does pose the philosophical quandary as to whether it's better to be informed and miserable or ignorant and happy though. As long as the soma keeps flowing he gives the impression of being as happy as a pig in shit. How true this is I can only guess. Underneath the Panama hat those piggy eyes have sadness that belies the smug grin.....

:razz: 

Sorry for being happy chicken licken ;)

The USA has a long running special relationship with the USA and the USA only. Embarrassing when you see some fucking gimp from over here, whether it's a politician or a media person talking to a Yank about the 'special relationship' in a gushing manner like Hugh Grant to some nonplussed American.

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The USA has a long running special relationship with the USA and the USA only. Embarrassing when you see some fucking gimp from over here, whether it's a politician or a media person talking to a Yank about the 'special relationship' in a gushing manner like Hugh Grant to some nonplussed American.

Apparently yank presidents are obliged to say it. Brown allegedly cringed when Obama said it. May just got moist when Trump said it. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Apparently yank presidents are obliged to say it. Brown allegedly cringed when Obama said it. May just got moist when Trump said it. 

Giving the limeys a bit of toffee, costs nowt and keeps them on board. Surprised Trump didn't fuck that simplistic thing up. (Did he fuck it up?) 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Theresa May hasn’t been moist in 46 years.

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

To save CT the bother of googling, Pascal Lamy is the former director general of the WTO (2013). A Frenchman who knows his onions. He's right, the EU aren't negotiating. They don't need to, we have almost no leverage whatsoever. It suits the French and Germans to let the clock tick tock and watch foreign investment flow to the mainland.

We're fast reaching the stage where we can either make a humiliating  climbdown and get a much diminished deal, or we can commit economic suicide. All because of the fucking Tory party. 

EDIT: And this is why, perfectly illustrated  in Figure 1. of this report the EU have kindly shared (unlike our government who buried our impact reports).

https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/87a04301-150b-11e7-808e-01aa75ed71a1/language-en

Edited by Renton

“We will probably need as many as 10 years,” says Joachim Lang, managing director of the BDI, Germany’s chief business group. “ It’s unrealistic to expect that we could renegotiate rules within two years that evolved over the 40 years of Britain’s EU membership.”

Transition deal no panacea for Brexit Britain

https://www.ft.com/content/c896a898-b4c6-11e7-aa26-bb002965bce8

During the referendum it was all about sovereignty and immigration and blue passports yet since then 90% of the focus has been on trade and the economy. It’s almost like the leavers didn’t want the brain dead to think about the real issues.

Instead of all the remoaner paper clippings, let’s just concentrate on reality.

“From my point of view, there are absolutely no signs that we can’t succeed, I have absolutely no doubt that we can reach a good result. 

I believe, in contrast to the way things are portrayed in the British press, that things are progressing step by step. We’re in a process, and if it goes on for two or three weeks longer, that doesn’t stop us from working hard to reach the second phase.

I very clearly want an agreement, not any kind of unpredictable solution, and we’re working very hard on that.”

”das Willy winken ist vorbei”!

Mrs Merkel.

25 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

“From my point of view, there are absolutely no signs that we can’t succeed, I have absolutely no doubt that we can reach a good result. 

I believe, in contrast to the way things are portrayed in the British press, that things are progressing step by step. We’re in a process, and if it goes on for two or three weeks longer, that doesn’t stop us from working hard to reach the second phase.

I very clearly want an agreement, not any kind of unpredictable solution, and we’re working very hard on that.”

Mrs Merkel.

The reality :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Mrs Merkel.

Merkel is a seasoned politician. She knows the EU hold all the cards and any deal will favour them, not us. But she doesn't want the UK to fail catastrophically, which it is guaranteed to do if Johnson or any of the other bamb pots get the top job, because that would damage us all (but by far mostly us). So she is making soothing noises to increase the chances of keeping May in power, for now. May is gratefully receiving these scraps of platitude. Meanwhile, May is still paralysed by the loony fringe and no progress has been made. 

Big move against Italian assets next week.

Banks and state owned conglomerates targeted by American hedge funds for shorting. ECB facilities will be tested, Italian access to liquidity in question as Bundesbank will take legal action against Merkel and co for over lending via Eurotarp and other emergency liquidity funds.

Italian banks are holding upwards of 400 billion in bad debt.

Carney questions the EU's ability to cover and backstop derivatives, euro loans and bonds. London is currently the second largest clearing house for financial instruments in the world.

It begins.

Edited by Park Life