Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I hope Davis has left the Brexit paperwork and impact studies in good order for his successor, it'd be a shame for all that hard work to go to waste. 

This is the thing. He resigned because he couldn't get on board with the PM's negotiating position. It was literally his job for two years to develop his own position and in this time I don't remember seeing a single serious position coming from DexEu. Now he's thrown his toys out of the pram because May was able to do something that he couldn't.

53 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is the thing. He resigned because he couldn't get on board with the PM's negotiating position. It was literally his job for two years to develop his own position and in this time I don't remember seeing a single serious position coming from DexEu. Now he's thrown his toys out of the pram because May was able to do something that he couldn't.

Agreed, plus you’d also have to say he should’ve had a workable solution well before that, ie when he was campaigning for Leave. The absolute chancer

Time is going to run out. We are massively dependent on the EU regulatory apparatus for so many things it's scary. Food imports. Air travel. Pharmaceuticals. Nuclear. And recently, imports of electricity, as we have to top up renewable sources during quiet periods with continental power.

We simply must seek harbour NOW in the EEA or risk the breakdown of the country as we know it. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If only Miliband could have eaten a bacon sandwich with style.

If only the best Prime Minister of your life didn't gamble the future of the country.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If only Miliband could have eaten a bacon sandwich with style.

Hard to imagine, no full tory Cameron government, no brexit to speak of, certainly no may as party leader, probably boris.

Corbyn still a low mark backbencher standing up for his "principles" rather than being a useless opposition leader.

What a world.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Time is going to run out. We are massively dependent on the EU regulatory apparatus for so many things it's scary. Food imports. Air travel. Pharmaceuticals. Nuclear. And recently, imports of electricity, as we have to top up renewable sources during quiet periods with continental power.

We simply must seek harbour NOW in the EEA or risk the breakdown of the country as we know it. 

Don't worry, Theresa May has instructed government to increase no deal planning from none to very little.

49 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

It's incredible that our chief Brexit negotiator didn't even understand that EU negotiates as a single block. I mean, let that sink in, he's been agitating against the EU for 3 decades and has sub-CT levels of understanding. What the fuck have the tories done to this country?

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's incredible that our chief Brexit negotiator didn't even understand that EU negotiates as a single block. I mean, let that sink in, he's been agitating against the EU for 3 decades and has sub-CT levels of understanding. What the fuck have the tories done to this country?

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one in that he was implying that the power of the EU lay in Berlin rather than Brussels so it would be expedient to deal with them directly.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one in that he was implying that the power of the EU lay in Berlin rather than Brussels so it would be expedient to deal with them directly.

Even allowing for that it was fucking stupid, i.e. pissing everyone else off who'd have a say in an deal he would try and broker.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You'd be wrong to give him the benefit of the doubt. He talked about negotiating with all EU states separately. Of all the incompetence, I find this the most mind boggling.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/minister-for-brexit-davis-davis-eu-european-union-germany-single-market-trade-deals-unaware-mistake-a7136121.html

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

But it was before he was a minister, according to him that means it can't be used against him.

Presumably on the basis he never thought anyone would be daft enough to give him a job negotiating with the EU

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But it was before he was a minister, according to him that means it can't be used against him.

His ignorance still got him the job of head of DexEU. And we wonder why we are in a mess? 

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Fair

:lol::lol:  

Also 'minicab orad'.  I swear I didn't just have to look up what that last word meant. :whistle: