Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

May is the only grown up in the room. Her deal does it’s best to join together the 52 & 48. 

The true brexiteers want a no deal that could damage the country.

The remainers want to disregard the refferendum that would simply continue the split in the country.

Corbyn is promoting a deal that is pure unicorn stuff.

sad state of politics.

Blame your idol Cameron for this mess.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

May is the only grown up in the room. Her deal does it’s best to join together the 52 & 48. 

The remainers want to disregard the refferendum that would simply continue the split in the country.

sad state of politics.

Eh? I thought May’s deal had turned you to remain?

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

sad state of politics.

You knew what you were voting for.

If you couldn't see the fuck on voting for turmoil would cause. Fuck off.

52 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

sad state of politics.

51yt5tSc9yL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, it was Blair, then Brown who promised refferendums on EU and each kicked the can. Cameron put refferendum in manifesto and was elected.

He's right you know, and on that can kicking Blair said...

Mr Blair said: "The electorate should be asked for their opinion when all our questions have been answered, when all the details are known, when the legislation has been finally tempered and scrutinised."

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Eh? I thought May’s deal had turned you to remain?

:lol: I’ve entered a sustained period of flip flopping. If voted down I’m quite happy for Corbyn to take over on the condition he must resign should he be unable to negotiate a deal that meets his 6 tests.

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He's right you know, and on that can kicking Blair said...

:lol: Stop trying to be clever, it doesn’t become you. Blair said that 3 years before the Lisbon treaty was signed and didn’t follow through.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Blair said that 3 years before the Lisbon treaty was signed and didn’t follow through.

Ignoring the first part (perhaps try to be less of a cunt if you're fed up of people calling you one eh? I didn't say anything about you personally then) You're right, he did.

Thing is, our questions still aren't answered despite having had a referendum, the details still aren't known despite apparently having drawn up a withdrawal agreement and what legislation there is is worthless.

Some of you will remember better than I'm sure since I was pretty young in the early 2000s, what was the public appetite for a referendum on our EU membership during Blair/Browns tenures?

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ignoring the first part (perhaps try to be less of a cunt if you're fed up of people calling you one eh? I didn't say anything about you personally then) You're right, he did.

Thing is, our questions still aren't answered despite having had a referendum, the details still aren't known despite apparently having drawn up a withdrawal agreement and what legislation there is is worthless.

Some of you will remember better than I'm sure since I was pretty young in the early 2000s, what was the public appetite for a referendum on our EU membership during Blair/Browns tenures?

:lol: So why quote Blair from 2004 if you have no idea of the context? Trying to be a smart arse and caught out.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It wasn’t publically discussed anywhere, in the media or by the general public. It needed a  Tory  government  returning in 2010 for the bile to start spilling again, this shit has now been going on for nearly half a century. It’s a row in the Tory party that they thought it was a god idea to put to the country. With any luck it’ll fuckin destroy them. 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It wasn’t publically discussed anywhere, in the media or by the general public. It needed a  Tory  government  returning in 2010 for the bile to start spilling again, this shit has now been going on for nearly half a century. It’s a row in the Tory party that they thought it was a god idea to put to the country. With any luck it’ll fuckin destroy them. 

I thought so, I've read as much but I don't remember, politics wasn't exactly the forefront of my 15 year old mind.

Thanks for actually answering rather than just being a dick like CT, who seems to just have that as a single, default setting.

Just now, Andrew said:

I thought so, I've read as much but I don't remember, politics wasn't exactly the forefront of my 15 year old mind.

Thanks for actually answering rather than just being a dick like CT, who seems to just have that as a single, default setting.

CTs confused mate. He doesn’t know who or what to back at the moment that will make him look as contrary as possible on the internet. Bless. 

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Too right, this mess is entirely of the Tory's making and especially CT's best Prime Minister Eva. I wish it would fucking destroy them but Corbyn has also destroyed the opposition. 

12 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Wrong as usual :lol:

The was mass public outcry at Labours plans to join the Euro and constant public / media upset with the EU. The Tories mainly wanted a referendum on the Lisbon treaty that Labour constantly promised to appease public concern. It was however Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrat’s who were pushing for the full monty refferendum ;)

7773A670-D87C-4A8F-89EC-74F9A5184C07.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Wrong as usual :lol:

The was mass public outcry at Labours plans to join the Euro and constant public / media upset with the EU. The Tories mainly wanted a referendum on the Lisbon treaty that Labour constantly promised to appease public concern. It was however Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrat’s who were pushing for the full monty refferendum ;)

7773A670-D87C-4A8F-89EC-74F9A5184C07.jpeg

That looks like it's from Viz.

Clegg knew he would never be in the position to enact this, not true with Cameron. Blaming others is par for the course for you CT, but there is unanimous agreement this was an internal Tory issue which has now poisoned all of us.

The EU was rarely in the top 5 of people's concerns before 2010, despite 40 years of smears from the right wing media. 

Edited by Renton

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

That looks like it's from Viz.

Clegg knew he would never be in the position to enact this, not true with Cameron. Blaming others is par for the course for you CT, but there is unanimous agreement this was an internal Tory issue which has now poisoned all of us.

The EU was rarely in the top 5 of people's concerns before 2010, despite 40 years of smears from the right wing media. 

:lol:

Try and re-write history as much as you like if it makes you feel better. All political parties promised the public a referendum from the early 2000’s onwards. At least Cameron eventually put it in his manifesto and was elected on it. He then put it to Parliament and virtually every member voted for it.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

Try and re-write history as much as you like if it makes you feel better. All political parties promised the public a referendum from the early 2000’s onwards. At least Cameron eventually put it in his manifesto and was elected on it. He then put it to Parliament and virtually every member voted for it.

So only Cameron put an in out referendum in a manifesto, i.e. made a real commitment? Glad we've got that sorted. This has always been a Tory issue ffs. Remember Thatcher, remember Mayor and the bastards? There's an excellent podcast series on it called "Brexit, a love story?" on the BBC which details the issues from all party perspectives. Give it a listen and come back to me about who is rewriting history. Or just stay deluded.