Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

5 points behind May and the Tories at this point, man. :lol: 

I'd say this is primarily because of Labour's fucking stupid Brexit stance. It's not going to win over anyone who actually voted Brexit because they can see that 90% of the party membership are pro remain.

And honestly, Labour are just talking absolute shite on Brexit anyway.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'd say this is primarily because of Labour's fucking stupid Brexit stance. It's not going to win over anyone who actually voted Brexit because they can see that 90% of the party membership are pro remain.

And honestly, Labour are just talking absolute shite on Brexit anyway.

Nothing to do with Corbyn being a tool then?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Turns out we’ve been doing Brexit wrong all along.

Holy shit, this is a new level of idiocy which is scary. What's more scary is the CTs of this world actually lap this shit up. 

Corbyn's invisible man act is indefensible at this point tbh. The run-up to the last election showed that, when he pulls his finger out, he can mobilise large groups, especially young people, into voting and bringing about a manifesto that reaches out enough to connect with people. So what does he do? Retreats into hiding and settles for tiny victories on a load of TV and radio that nobody watches or listens to and watches his party slip back to where they were 2 years ago. If he only wants to lead at General Election time, what's the fucking point? Give it to Thornberry til end of t'season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Corbyn's invisible man act is indefensible at this point tbh. The run-up to the last election showed that, when he pulls his finger out, he can mobilise large groups, especially young people, into voting and bringing about a manifesto that reaches out enough to connect with people. So what does he do? Retreats into hiding and settles for tiny victories on a load of TV and radio that nobody watches or listens to and watches his party slip back to where they were 2 years ago. If he only wants to lead at General Election time, what's the fucking point? Give it to Thornberry til end of t'season. 

Aye he's a campaigner but if he starts now, people will develop a fatigue of interest. Not that i think he's going to come out for Remain, but he's probably biding his time for a GE.

11 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Aye he's a campaigner but if he starts now, people will develop a fatigue of interest. Not that i think he's going to come out for Remain, but he's probably biding his time for a GE.

I get what you're saying but his leadership has been shambolic. The opposition should be so far in front in the polls that the GE result is a formality. Instead, we're in a situation where the majority of people still think the Tories and their band of Eton robots are in a position to guide the country through Brexit. It's fucking nonsense, man. When Corbyn pulls his finger out, I think he's genuinely excellent at putting across his manifesto, he's a good debater and I truly believe he has the best interests of the country at heart. Unfortunately, he's a fucking thick cunt who thinks Brexit is a good idea so was over the moon when he could stick into the Anti-Semitism situation, the most London situation that 85% of the country couldn't care about (if we're honest) while he should have been assaulting the Tories over the public services, food banks etc. Basically, he picks his battles and as the clock ticks down on Brexit and it seems likely there won't be an election, he needs to step aside if we have any chance of a Labour government guiding us through the latest fuck up.

42 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I get what you're saying but his leadership has been shambolic. The opposition should be so far in front in the polls that the GE result is a formality. Instead, we're in a situation where the majority of people still think the Tories and their band of Eton robots are in a position to guide the country through Brexit. It's fucking nonsense, man. When Corbyn pulls his finger out, I think he's genuinely excellent at putting across his manifesto, he's a good debater and I truly believe he has the best interests of the country at heart. Unfortunately, he's a fucking thick cunt who thinks Brexit is a good idea so was over the moon when he could stick into the Anti-Semitism situation, the most London situation that 85% of the country couldn't care about (if we're honest) while he should have been assaulting the Tories over the public services, food banks etc. Basically, he picks his battles and as the clock ticks down on Brexit and it seems likely there won't be an election, he needs to step aside if we have any chance of a Labour government guiding us through the latest fuck up.

Not blind to all that tbh, but at the same time, the polls had panned him prior to the previous GE. Now that may well have been a perfect storm, but that's not to say that Brexit itself, at fruition, may not be another one.

Having said that, whoever replaces him needs to be standing in more or less the same political position for this country to have any hope of actually improving.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Not blind to all that tbh, but at the same time, the polls had panned him prior to the previous GE. Now that may well have been a perfect storm, but that's not to say that Brexit itself, at fruition, may not be another one.

Having said that, whoever replaces him needs to be standing in more or less the same political position for this country to have any hope of actually improving.

We've had this conversation before but whenever you mention something like that I feel like you perhaps need reminding that he didn't win, if it was a perfect storm then...well it lead to this

maxresdefault.jpg

Not a labour government and not Jeremy Corbyn as pm

• Like 1

Aye, the bar was set so low for him in 2017 that it was seen as a victory for him that he avoided total annihilation. It’s not just the voting intention polls but he’s consistently behind Theresa May in who people want to be PM. She’s a walking fucking disaster and he still can’t land a glove on her.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

We've had this conversation before but whenever you mention something like that I feel like you perhaps need reminding that he didn't win, if it was a perfect storm then...well it lead to this

maxresdefault.jpg

Not a labour government and not Jeremy Corbyn as pm

I dont mate. I know he didn't win. But after two years of being told on here that he would be obliterated im also very aware that you lot aren't fucking oracles ;)

That and the fact that i was also told, repeatedly, that the Tories couldn't survive. And yet.

We're very much in unchartered waters and i do believe that if we got a GE in the madness of actually leaving, Labour would win it. I dont think we'll get one though. 

He was further behind in the polls last time and came to almost even with them. At the time, most people on here accepted that as a victory. Interesting how everyone's biases alter their views over time.

Edited by Rayvin

34 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I dont mate. I know he didn't win. But after two years of being told on here that he would be obliterated im also very aware that you lot aren't fucking oracles ;)

That and the fact that i was also told, repeatedly, that the Tories couldn't survive. And yet.

We're very much in unchartered waters and i do believe that if we got a GE in the madness of actually leaving, Labour would win it. I dont think we'll get one though. 

He was further behind in the polls last time and came to almost even with them. At the time, most people on here accepted that as a victory. Interesting how everyone's biases alter their views over time.

You still don't get it. He should have won it, comfortably; he should be miles ahead in the opinion polls. This is the worst Tory government ever, without exception.

What I didn't predict last time was how inept May would be as a campaigner and what a shit manifesto she would serve up. And yet, he didn't win. Keep believing he would win a future GE all you like, he won't. Because at least 50% of the population can't abide him, including many Labour supporters.