Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How? Did he say anything we didn’t already know?

That really depends on what you know ;)

Basically a very good watch if you get the chance. Pretty convincing on how the backstop would be much worse for the EU than us. 

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

That really depends on what you know ;)

Basically a very good watch if you get the chance. Pretty convincing on how the backstop would be much worse for the EU than us. 

Sounds a tad light on detail that. Almost like you’re making shit up 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And how does that change MPs’ minds?

It might not. Some are very thick, some are just point scoring and some are too ideological. All Im basically saying is he put up a very good legalistic argument for the deal and in a number of cases, MP’s who had asked challenging questions, nodded in agreement to his answers.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol: That’s sure to go down well in Brussels, the U.K.  government pretty much already planning to get out of the agreement that has yet to be ratified.

Aye, par for the course with this lot, hence why the EU will make sure the agreement is entirely legally binding.

CT, you appear to be increasingly gullible, believing any old shit the government trot out. I must admit, this idea that the EU disbenefit more from the backstop than us is a good one. :icon_lol: 

But I'm curious, if this is the case why won't they release the legal advice? It's almost like they have something to hide. <_<

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

The attorney general on his feet in Parliament right now. Outstanding performance.

I heard it on my wireless radio. It may have been outstanding to your ears but when he was explaining the backstop some MP or other shouted “SO ITS A TRAP??!!” :lol:

I think this is the view in general in Parliament. Your “cracking deal” is seemingly a fuckin joke...

ps. The Tory Attorney General who delivered the details today Geoffrey Cox sounded a bit like James Earl Jones doing Darth Vader..

The outstandingly performing Attorney General may be suspended for failing to publish the Brexit legal advice, which would lead to him missing the Vote on the PMs withdrawal agreement.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye, par for the course with this lot, hence why the EU will make sure the agreement is entirely legally binding.

CT, you appear to be increasingly gullible, believing any old shit the government trot out. I must admit, this idea that the EU disbenefit more from the backstop than us is a good one. :icon_lol: 

But I'm curious, if this is the case why won't they release the legal advice? It's almost like they have something to hide. <_<

Well, if we go into the backstop we will be...

in the customs union

full access access to single market

out of ecj 

out of fishing

out of agriculture

AND NOT PAYING THE EU ANY FEES.

Definiley not a situation the EU would want for long.

Edited by Christmas Tree

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I heard it on my wireless radio. It may have been outstanding to your ears but when he was explaining the backstop some MP or other shouted “SO ITS A TRAP??!!” :lol:

I think this is the view in general in Parliament. Your “cracking deal” is seemingly a fuckin joke...

ps. The Tory Attorney General who delivered the details today Geoffrey Cox sounded a bit like James Earl Jones doing Darth Vader..

He has a magnificent voice. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well, if we go into the backstop we will be...

full access access to single market

out of ecj 

out of fishing

AND NOT PAYING THE EU ANY FEES

Hold on. This sounds like a great deal. Where in the withdrawal agreement does it state this?

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The outstandingly performing Attorney General may be suspended for failing to publish the Brexit legal advice, which would lead to him missing the Vote on the PMs withdrawal agreement.

Crackingly outstanding :lol:

EU court advocate general is of the opinion that the UK can unilaterally revoke article 50, means that the court are nearly certain to agree.

So this can all be stopped. It's going to happen.

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

Just as CT predicted