Christmas Tree

Europe --- In or Out

Europe?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Europe?

• In
    • Out
    • Undecided

We’d be better off if the county spontaneously sunk to the bottom of the ocean than what’s coming.

32 minutes ago, NJS said:

A new ref will absolutely not be any different to the last one in terms of arguments and there are millions who won't accept another leave vote - just as there are now millions who wouldn't accept remain.

I think it should happen but as I've said it's going to be a shit cure all either way. 

It wouldn't be the same in that a. the Leave campaign can no longer talk shit about how easy a deal would be and how we're all going to be better off for it and b. remain will hopefully learn from the mistakes they made in the campaign last time.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It wouldn't be the same in that a. the Leave campaign can no longer talk shit about how easy a deal would be and how we're all going to be better off for it and b. remain will hopefully learn from the mistakes they made in the campaign last time.

Agree with b but not hopeful - there'll be too much "see, told you" and not enough (again) about what the benefits are. 

Given the number of people who are embracing no deal who don't even care what happens I don't think a. is a given either. 

• Like 1

There are a significant number of hardcore leavers who won't change their mind regardless of the consequences. As always, you win from the middle, those who aren't entirely committed either way and those who didn't get out and vote last time because they thought a win for remain was inevitable.

On 1/26/2019 at 07:35, ewerk said:

This GATT XXIV shit needs shut down soon, it’s simply not what it was designed for.

I could have told him that six months ago.

What a complete cunt Johnson is, he's making Hunt look good. No wonder he's avoided these debates until it doesn't matter. He's atrocious. An absolute bumbling shambles of a fucktwat of a man. 

I can't watch it. I have zero control over it so I've decided to just pretend it isn't happening for my own mental health. 

I didn’t watch this time after the last car crash. We watched a mock the week from seemingly 3 weeks ago and a half watched episode of Vera :)

Lots of this, apparently confirmed by TT’s Chief Political Correspondent ewerk :good: 

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

What a bumbling fucking buffoon. Talks constantly without saying anything at all.

Trump-lite and there are enough hillbilly racists to accept him on that basis.

Edited by RobinRobin

20 hours ago, Renton said:

No. If there is a GE he is going to campaign on getting a better deal and then putting that to a referendum. 

I guess if he undoubtedly comes back with a shit deal, he'll have to campaign against his own deal in a referendum. Genius. :unsure:

This isn't the case according to Starmer. The unions' position was rejected by shadow cabinet. At least they know that the party needs to go full remain.

I dunno but I don't see how this gets through parliament. Not only that but it would be terrible for our economy as investment completely dries up while the status of our relationship is unresolved for a long, long time.

The fucking state of this. Wanted protections for workers and the environment and didn't get them. Now prepared to drive all of us off a cliff and put it down to a bad poker hand. What an absolute cunt.

• Like 1

Honestly , the amount of sheer fucking cretins involved in politics is mind boggling

There's every chance the Dutch will hold next year's Eurovision in Maastricht. I know it's not important in the grand scheme of things but I love a good bit of low-level trolling. :D 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

The fucking state of this. Wanted protections for workers and the environment and didn't get them. Now prepared to drive all of us off a cliff and put it down to a bad poker hand. What an absolute cunt.

Just another coward acting in their own interests 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Bad time of year to be calling us brethren. <_<

I think he nails it as British exceptionalism. So many people in the UK who never lived during the age of the empire have absolutely no idea of their country's place in the world. Yes, the UK is one of the bigger players but it no longer sits in the top tier of nations. Being part of the EU meant we were at least part of one of the major players, without them we have very little real influence.

• Like 3

The thing is these empire worshipping stupid old fuckers who hark back to wwii (but can't have lived through it) may have lived through the Suez crisis. As I understand it that was a watershed in the UK being rudely woken up as to its new place in the world when the US and the Soviet Union basically slapped it down. 

I think the whole thing shows history in the UK has been taught very badly for decades. 

The fucking nerve of the cunt May delivering a speech preaching the lost art of compromise. What a fucking arsehole this woman is.