Europe?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Europe?

• In
    • Out
    • Undecided

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Morons, in other words. We need a leader who can speak to the morons 

I kind of admire that you haven't given up on everything just being one long waterfall of shite for the rest of our lives, but does any of this matter anymore? They won, they won completely, and there's nothing that gives any real indication that anything will change in terms of the demographics of stupidity. We won't win either way. In the long haul, the Tory strategy is probably right - fear is stronger than hope.

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why can’t she win?

She isn’t tainted by Corbyn the way RLB is, for starters.

I thought she was a distant third in the polls? Unless that poll is 'which candidate for Labour leader would Gemmill like to take up the wrong 'un?'. And even then she only has a three point lead on Starmer.

• Haha 3

I'm in a couple of Labour Member supporter groups on facebook, a few thousand people in each. Not totally representative of course but honestly, no one is talking about Nandy. It's all the Corbyn cultists calling for RLB and Burgon, or the moderates demanding and defending Starmer.

She's going to have to really do something to capture people's imagination to break through this.

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm in a couple of Labour Member supporter groups on facebook, a few thousand people in each. Not totally representative of course but honestly, no one is talking about Nandy. It's all the Corbyn cultists calling for RLB and Burgon, or the moderates demanding and defending Starmer.

She's going to have to really do something to capture people's imagination to break through this.

If we end up with the Burgon and RLB dream ticket I will come around to your way of thinking 

59 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Have you seen RLB's logo?  Minging.

I would upload it but our server is full of shit dinners so I can't.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvqobJ5IMx9sG9NpEMR08

It couldn't be clearer, one in the pink and one in the stink.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I kind of admire that you haven't given up on everything just being one long waterfall of shite for the rest of our lives, but does any of this matter anymore? They won, they won completely, and there's nothing that gives any real indication that anything will change in terms of the demographics of stupidity. We won't win either way. In the long haul, the Tory strategy is probably right - fear is stronger than hope.

Have you proposed yet? 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you proposed yet? 

In all seriousness I probably have to give that some actual consideration. And I guess maybe conclude that it just won't work out.

I'm not sure yet anyway. I'll complain profusely if i have to, dont worry.

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think you live stream this event for us. 

Bends the knee, whips out a ring…

” Sorry”. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Just thinking this over, I'm going to have to marry my current girlfriend if i want that relationship to go anywhere.

I oppose marriage as an institution, but I guess my principles have to take a back seat. Or I move myself to Ireland and try to make a life work there..?

This is such a mess.

You need 70 IRA points mate.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tom said:

You need 70 IRA points mate.

If any of those can be gained by acts of disruption against the government then tbh, that's a win-win.

The BBC are legitimising these bigots by giving them a platform and then making it worse by putting it out on Twitter. Then they don't even bother to include a rebuttal. It's click bait bollocks but is doing real damage.

• Like 1

it's highly irresponsible of the QT social media team to be spreading racist stuff like this on Twitter 

Aye it is. At what point do we get to say that this is just standard for the BBC?

This is how state owned broadcasters the world over operate, why should ours be any different?

This was the reply that the BBC chose not to include. Of course it's no surprise that when it's explained to the bigot that migrants are net contributors to the system that it's dismissed as rubbish.

This is why it's all pointless, in a nutshell. These people don't care. They aren't remotely interested in the truth. They only care about the fact that they've been given license to spout their unrelenting bullshit across the country, and they're not going to give that up.

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Aye it is. At what point do we get to say that this is just standard for the BBC?

This is how state owned broadcasters the world over operate, why should ours be any different?

i mean, it's a free country, she's entitled to hold racist views. and its unfortunate for the bbc that she chose their platform to air them. but to then to clip and share the racist comments widely on social media, in isolation, is a fucking terrible move. 

and fiona bruce really ought to have corrected the bigoted old bag rather than leaving it ash sarkar to do her job for her

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i mean, it's a free country, she's entitled to hold racist views. and its unfortunate for the bbc that she chose their platform to air them. but to then to clip and share the racist comments widely on social media, in isolation, is a fucking terrible move. 

and fiona bruce really ought to have corrected the bigoted old bag rather than leaving it ash sarkar to do her job for her

I think we have to acknowledge that for the BBC, impartiality now means presenting all views as equal. 

It does not mean presenting facts or truth over and above opinion. As such, they're not journalists - they're opinion peddlers.

Aren’t the questions submitted in advance so the presenter would have known exactly what was going to be asked when she called on her?