Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol: Hamburg is the most English city in Germany and by extension the remaining EU, maybe they can assign a district to us 48%-ers to start afresh. I doubt anyone would miss Wandsbek, say. And then our awesome productivity can rescue the EU project from within. Sorted. :good:

Once you factor in the supply chain and ancillary industries tend of thousands of jobs are dependent on Nissan. Include other manufacturers and uts hundreds of thousands.

Problem is none of these companies are British owned. They have no loyalties and are foot loose. Nissan is particularly vulnerable as its part owned by Renault who have spare capacity in France and Spain. It'll be gone in a decade without massive government subsidies, as will Hitachi.

Edited by Renton

Apart from holidays what actually is the point of Europe? Most of it is bankrupt with high unemployment and failing banks with no trade deals with major players. :)

It depends on your outlook really. I viewed Europe as a progressive force on the UK, ensuring better rights for all and more accountability for our government; moreover, I believe that the only way for global social evolution to continue is by 'ever closer' union, with both the EU and beyond. So ultimately, us breaking away from the EU is, in my opinion, not good for global progress. Certainly not in the West.

As resources become more scarce, we need increasingly collectivism in Western countries to ensure that we can outmanoeuvre the BRICs economies. 

I do accept that this inevitably means that 'the establishment' continues with its choke hold on the rest of us but honestly, I think that's the situation either way.

:lol: Hamburg is the most English city in Germany and by extension the remaining EU, maybe they can assign a district to us 48%-ers to start afresh. I doubt anyone would miss Wandsbek, say. And then our awesome productivity can rescue the EU project from within. Sorted. :good:

Yeah man we need a proper Lebensraum innit. :)

It's interesting how unproductive our cities are compared to western Europe. We are essentially a middle to poor European country with one rich area, London and the south east. The north east is actually much more comparable to Poland than Holland or Germany. It's great, isn't it?

Once you factor in the supply chain and ancillary industries tend of thousands of jobs are dependent on Nissan. Include other manufacturers and uts hundreds of thousands.

Problem is none of these companies are British owned. They have no loyalties and are foot loose. Nissan is particularly vulnerable as its part owned by Renault who have spare capacity in France and Spain. It'll be gone in a decade without massive government subsidies, as will Hitachi.

French fuck with Nissan we cancel the contracts of EDF or whatever that French utilities thing is that is taking the piss.

It's interesting how unproductive our cities are compared to western Europe. We are essentially a middle to poor European country with one rich area, London and the south east. The north east is actually much more comparable to Poland than Holland or Germany. It's great, isn't it?

Globalists and their 'free trade' deals mate. Move manufacturing to cheap deregulated zones in the east. It's happened in America and other parts of Europe bar Germany (they've move manufacturing to Eastern Europe hence Poland getting so much EU money (the highest in the last decade). The right and the left in the UK have been complicit for 3 decades now. Not a squeak. This whole idea that advanced economies can survive on services, finance and tech. It had the added benefit of culling the union power and destabalising the left.

edit I was talking to a Dutch industrialist and he was moaning that Holland relies so heavily on its handful of multinationals and should be more like the UK. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Globalisation is a thing, whether we like it or not. Tory and Labour governments are both culpable for failing to address it.

For too long the country has relied on the City and the broader services sector. Blame Thatcher for destroying our traditional industries and the deregulation of fin serv, but no government since has tried to properly rebalance the economy.

We need to be investing in high tech manufacturing and development of renewable energy technology.

It depends on your outlook really. I viewed Europe as a progressive force on the UK, ensuring better rights for all and more accountability for our government; moreover, I believe that the only way for global social evolution to continue is by 'ever closer' union, with both the EU and beyond. So ultimately, us breaking away from the EU is, in my opinion, not good for global progress. Certainly not in the West.

As resources become more scarce, we need increasingly collectivism in Western countries to ensure that we can outmanoeuvre the BRICs economies. 

I do accept that this inevitably means that 'the establishment' continues with its choke hold on the rest of us but honestly, I think that's the situation either way.

We do that by invading countries and nicking their stuff. ;)

just in case it isn't abundantly clear, sterling has fallen on the back of may's comments because investors are shitting themselves that brexit might actually mean brexit. 

Well failing having our own manufacturing industry here, at least we can attract foreign investment by offering full access to the largest single market on the planet.

Oh wait......

:CT:

just in case it isn't abundantly clear, sterling has fallen on the back of may's comments because investors are shitting themselves that brexit might actually mean brexit. 

Aye, that makes sense. Goodbye, FDI!