Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just in case it isn't abundantly clear, sterling has fallen on the back of may's comments because investors are shitting themselves that brexit might actually mean brexit.

Investors are shitting themselves so much that the FTSE 100 and 250 are soaring and close to record levels.

:lol: do you serously need this explaining to you again?

It depends which of your many theories you are using this time :lol:

Is it the June 24th OMG the FTSE 100 has collapsed due to Brexit and the economy's fucked. Or when that recovered (yes recovered, not the dead cat theory you kept flogging), do you mean the OMG it's the 250 that tells the true picture. (Also now at record levels).

Then there was the housing data, manufacturing data and service industry dat.

The only trend of note is that you like quoting all these things when they are negative and conveniently move on to something else when they're positive :lol:

It depends which of your many theories you are using this time :lol:

Is it the June 24th OMG the FTSE 100 has collapsed due to Brexit and the economy's fucked. Or when that recovered (yes recovered, not the dead cat theory you kept flogging), do you mean the OMG it's the 250 that tells the true picture. (Also now at record levels).

Then there was the housing data, manufacturing data and service industry dat.

The only trend of note is that you like quoting all these things when they are negative and conveniently move on to something else when they're positive :lol:

sigh. i can't believe i'm taking time out of my day to explain this stuff to you again, but here goes.

firstly, the market reaction has been subdued, largely because no one has a fucking clue what "brexit means brexit" is actually going to mean. things became a smidgen clearer when ms may announced article 50 is due been triggered early next year. this immediately led to a drop in sterling. co-incidence? no, because investors are shitting themselves that we will lose access to the single market. if that happens, something approaching the world war III scenarios the best PM of your lifetime predicted might occur. 

the ftse 250 is a better bellwether than the bluechip ftse 100. yes, you're right. i did say that. and it's tempting to look at the 250 and assume all is well but while its revival might look like a vote of confidence for UK plc, there's has been a clear divergence between the index's outperformers, which have been largely overseas earners, similar to the ftse 100, and the domestic businesses, which are struggling. 

do you get it? it's all about sterling and things are largely on hold until we know more. markets are praying for diet brexit, trust me. 

going forward, we'll get a better understanding how the wider economy performed in the immediate aftermath of the vote at the end of october when we get GDP figures for the months right after the referendum. but even then it could be subdued, largely because we still haven't got a fucking clue what's going to happen. unless your parky, he's pretty confident hard brexit is never going to happen. 

At least LM's content was mainly football related. This fat cunt has been told directly that there's people on here whose livelihoods are likely to be affected by losing access to the single market and he still comes on boasting that we'll not be held to ransom over the single market etc etc. He's a fucking cock.

Jesus wept

I'm not going to stop discussing the biggest political event in a generation (which I and the majority of the country voted for), just because it may or may not effect you at some point in the future.

I suggest you grow up. You don't see me blubbing when you and everyone else wanks themselves silly over Uber.

Jesus wept

I'm not going to stop discussing the biggest political event in a generation (which I and the majority of the country voted for), just because it may or may not effect you at some point in the future.

I suggest you grow up. You don't see me blubbing when you and everyone else wanks themselves silly over Uber.

Bet you blubber in private. ;)

The British pound has hit a thirty-one year low. The drop reflects growing fears over the UK’s economic outlook and the terms of its exit from the EU after a speech by prime minister Theresa May on Sunday. Sterling is now 14 per cent lower against the US dollar than its pre-Brexit vote levels.