Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well that article made sense until he said this "David Cameron will go down as one of the worst prime ministers in UK history". We know he couldn't be more wrong on that score.

Ahh, there's nothing more the right of the Tory party likes than a good hard brexiting, they learn it in prep school I believe. We're all in for it now though, pass the Vaseline.

Why should Brexit by so one-sided when it was a relatively close result? The argument that you have to give the 17m who voted for it exactly what they want and ignore the 16m or so who didn't makes no sense whatsoever. Especially when no one was told in advance what Brexit would actually mean.

"In an interview with HuffPost UK this morning, Stalybridge and Hyde MP Jonathan Reynolds argued that people’s “genuine emotional concerns” about uncontrolled immigration cannot be dealt with just by pointing to reports and statistics which talk up the economic benefit of freedom of movement".

Fuck evidence and rationality, let's pander to people's emotional fears and most base instincts in other words.

I'd agree that people's fears should have been addressed more openly and there should have been a move to introduce countermeasures in those places genuinely affected (not you Sunderland), but to base policy on emotion? :jesuswept:

It doesn't necessarily mean hard Brexit but we can pretty much rule out a second referendum, which is what we have to reluctantly accept. We live in a democracy and the great unwashed have spoken.

Excellent interview from May on the Marr show. Shes going to be a great PM.

Got Brexit covered.

I'm going to be generous and state that I don't think the following is necessarily fair on May (though it's exactly what she signed up for) but i think she'll end up roundly despised. She won't Brexit hard enough for most leavers because she won't actually want to destroy the country, and the remainers will hate her on principle of destroying everything we thought we knew about Britain. By the end of her tenure I suspect she'll be desperate to leave government.

As for the UK, I look forward to our incoming cash flow issues and associated chaos.

Edited by Rayvin

I'm going to be generous and state that I don't think the following is necessarily fair on May (though it's exactly what she signed up for) but i think she'll end up roundly despised. She won't Brexit hard enough for most leavers because she won't actually want to destroy the country, and the remainers will hate her on principle of destroying everything we thought we knew about Britain. By the end of her tenure I suspect she'll be desperate to leave government.

As for the UK, I look forward to our incoming cash flow issues and associated chaos.

I think it's a given that most PM's end up pretty despised.

As for the cash flow, don't worry, be happy. There are people in the world with nothing that have a much more enjoyable life than those with "everything".

I think it's a given that most PM's end up pretty despised.

As for the cash flow, don't worry, be happy. There are people in the world with nothing that have a much more enjoyable life than those with "everything".

There are people without access to healthcare, education, sanitation, plentiful food who are happier than us? I doubt that.

Just out of interest mate, what's your top 5 list for UK PMs?...

As there's only been 6 that I can personally remember it's a limited question. I assume you mean from all time which takes us back to the 1700's.

That's one for historians to argue about. (A bit like trying to pick the best Newcastle 11 of all time).

Like you probably I know bits and bobs about a handful of them. Churchill was great during the war, Attlee rebuilding after it. Then you have the brilliance of Pitt the younger.

Dunno