Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 01/02/2018 at 07:07, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/31/theresa-may-brexit-transition-no-deal-for-eu-citizens-coming-to-uk

Give it a few months and she'll be forced to row back on this. 

Btw who has told this stupid cunt that saying "I'm clear that..." before any statement is some kind of jedi mind trick. She's such a weird woman. If you knew how to be a person you'd just say "yeah I'm not doing that. Because that's not how a regular person forms sentences". 

May said the details were “a matter for negotiation for the implementation period, but I’m clear there is a difference between those who came prior to us leaving and those who will come when they know the UK is leaving.”

Fuck off ring piece. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/28/theresa-may-concedes-on-eu-migrants-residency-rights-during-brexit-transition

:lol: I was wrong. She didn't even make it out of February. "I'm clear there is a difference". You're clear on nothing, you useless cunt. 

Take Major's comments with a pinch of salt...so pro EU that he had us in the ERM, but obviously not for long. Would've had us in the Euro quicker than you could say troika bailout. But all that aside he's right about having another vote on any proposed deal that may emerge from the current clusterfuck. 

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

And if we do crash out, wtf happens to NI?

That'll be the least of your problems. I'd imagine you'll be preoccupied with planes not taking off, medicines not being imported and our ports at a standstill to be worried with NI.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Sir John Major, former Foreign Secretary, Chancellor and Prime Minister. And according to Nadine Dorries, a traitor.

Former conservative Foreign Secretary, Chancellor and Prime Minister. Wow.

This is panning out one of two ways. Most likely May to resign and whoever takes over to go for BINO. Or less likely, but not impossible, utter catastrophe. No planes, drugs, medical isotopes, food disappearing from supermarket shelves, ration books and British army deployed in NI. 

I still don't get May. She can't be that thick to get to where she is. Is this just pure kicking the can down the road, for a few more months in power? I agree with Gemmill she's a fucking wierdo. It'll be interesting to hear her say fuck all clearly tomorrow. Actually, it won't. More soundbites and procrastination. But like a student who hasn't even started their thesis, crunch time is close at hand. 

Edited by Renton

Whilst not exactly an intellectual heavyweight herself you would think Dorries knows that Major is right. But she sums up so many of the political elite in that she’s so much more concerned about short term gain than anything approaching public service. Demonstrated by her desire to appeal to the thick, ignorant cunts who lap up the ‘traitor’ patter 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I still don't get May. She can't be that thick to get to where she is. Is this just pure kicking the can down the road, for a few more months in power? I agree with Gemmill she's a fucking wierdo. It'll be interesting to hear her say fuck all clearly tomorrow. Actually, it won't. More soundbites and procrastination. But like a student who hasn't even started their thesis, crunch time is close at hand. 

She isn't going to be able to keep kicking the can for a few months. Despite what @Christmas Tree  thought, as I've said time and time again, the phase one agreement has to be agreed in legal terms before any further talks can happen. There is no more time to dither. 

Edited by ewerk

DXRHd-4XkAEIt8q.jpg

DXRHd-4XcAEAYsd.jpg

It's utter nonsense. It is her party's policies that have further divided the country and left communities behind. And it has already been proven that Brexit, in any form, will but jobs and our economic prosperity at risk. I really hope there's more substance to her speech than this bullshit.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

DXRHd-4XkAEIt8q.jpg

DXRHd-4XcAEAYsd.jpg

It's utter nonsense. It is her party's policies that have further divided the country and left communities behind. And it has already been proven that Brexit, in any form, will but jobs and our economic prosperity at risk. I really hope there's more substance to her speech than this bullshit.

Quite, what a load of piffle for the likes of CT to lap up. It does sound suspiciously like BINO though. Apparently we want the same ends as the EU with different means of achieving it. That surely means keeping things the same but calling it something different. A bargain for 50 billion quid (plus brucey bonus of blue passports so we can look like twats in the passport queue). 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Except the EU won't accept that without ECJ oversight and we wouldn't be able to make our own trade deals. Which the hard brexiters won't accept. 

EFTA, or something similar, would circumvent direct ECJ oversight. It's all about how it's spun nowadays than any substance. But ateod the hard Brexiteers aren't going to get what they want, because it's not possible without destroying the country. Or, if the likes of JRM do win out (bearing in mind they are only 10% of parliament), we are fucked. 

Forget that. Is there anyone who isn't in the single market or a customs union with the EU whose trade is as frictionless as would be required to avoid a hard border in NI?

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Wouldn't being in the single market be a prerequisite of joining EFTA?

No, see Switzerland. But realistically we need to be in both EEA and CU for northern Ireland. This is the reality that may et al are in denial of.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Forget that. Is there anyone who isn't in the single market or a customs union with the EU whose trade is as frictionless as would be required to avoid a hard border in NI?

No. Even the norway model (in EEA but not CU) won't cut it.