Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So as we start the final countdown I’m sure we can all agree;

Labour is a proud party currently run by some nasty folk.

The Tories are all at Sea but Boris isn’t the answer.

Nobody really has a clue where Brexit will end up

Theresa May dances like a Peter Crouch goal celebration.

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Our livelihoods are always in the balance. Taxi drivers have to contend with Uber cutting earnings and driverless cars. Let’s face it, most people don’t give a fuck unless it effects them or theirs. We could all use bank branches or shop in shops but we don’t.

Politics is a living breathing thing. If you don’t get fired up by it you’re dead imo.

You can’t be that fucking thick.

A Tory-boy complaining that people didn't care about his issue is priceless.

I have noticed a theme from the right leaning people; they don't seem to take politics seriously. They've picked a side andnow it's all just a game. They celebrate a "win", even if it's clear that their lot fiddled the referendum, that their lot lied, that the culmination of their "victory" is that the country is in a far worse position now and very clearly headed for even worse times. Doesn't matter, cos they "won".

Boris and Farage are dangerous people to give any time to, yet it's all just a big laugh. May is entirely incompetent but she dances badly so lets focus on that. Brexit is an unmitigated shitshow, but it's upsetting the lefties, liberals and luvvies so it's entertaining. It all seems to circle back to my biggest issue with the right leaning people; the "I'm all right Jack" mindset. As if society isn't something they're a part of, until they are and then the shitshow is the other lot's fault.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I have noticed a theme from the right leaning people; they don't seem to take politics seriously. They've picked a side andnow it's all just a game. They celebrate a "win", even if it's clear that their lot fiddled the referendum, that their lot lied, that the culmination of their "victory" is that the country is in a far worse position now and very clearly headed for even worse times. Doesn't matter, cos they "won".

Boris and Farage are dangerous people to give any time to, yet it's all just a big laugh. May is entirely incompetent but she dances badly so lets focus on that. Brexit is an unmitigated shitshow, but it's upsetting the lefties, liberals and luvvies so it's entertaining. It all seems to circle back to my biggest issue with the right leaning people; the "I'm all right Jack" mindset. As if society isn't something they're a part of, until they are and then the shitshow is the other lot's fault.

Boris, JRM, Farage etc. all have their personal motives, whether financial or for power.

What makes me laugh though is the way they are leading the gammons like CT up the garden path. I mean how fucking thick do you have to be to not sèe through these people? They don't exactly make it hard. 

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is very true.

10 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

You’ll need to covey you’re concerns before I can answer one way or the other. 

Nighty night. 

You are comparing job losses that were due to technological developments that ultimately benefitted the consumer to job losses that are entirely avoidable due to a policy that has not shown any tangible benefits for anyone other than JRM and those shorting the pound.

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Boris, JRM, Farage etc. all have their personal motives, whether financial or for power.

What makes me laugh though is the way they are leading the gammons like CT up the garden path. I mean how fucking thick do you have to be to not sèe through these people? They don't exactly make it hard. 

I don't think I've read anything on the pyschology of the average brexiter but I'd guess that it ultimately comes down to not being happy with their lot in life. The EU gave them something to be angry about. They could blame the EU for red tape, for immigration. Then they get to be angry about the immigrants because they can view immigrants as less than themselves due to their place of birth.

Then the referendum came along and it gave them an opportunity to change something, it didn't matter what it was but it was something big and gave them a feeling of control. It doesn't matter that it has now been roundly proven to be a bad thing that will harm millions, it's given them a voice and feeling that they actually matter. And they don't want to let go of that.

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't think I've read anything on the pyschology of the average brexiter but I'd guess that it ultimately comes down to not being happy with their lot in life. The EU gave them something to be angry about. They could blame the EU for red tape, for immigration. Then they get to be angry about the immigrants because they can view immigrants as less than themselves due to their place of birth.

Then the referendum came along and it gave them an opportunity to change something, it didn't matter what it was but it was something big and gave them a feeling of control. It doesn't matter that it has now been roundly proven to be a bad thing that will harm millions, it's given them a voice and feeling that they actually matter. And they don't want to let go of that.

Anorexic people starve themselves to exert a sense of control over their lives. This is like brexit, brexiteers believe they are exerting control, this however is a facade and they are actually giving more control away. Like the anorexic they cannot be trusted to make their own decisions as they are incredibly self destructive.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Anorexic people starve themselves to exert a sense of control over their lives. This is like brexit, brexiteers believe they are exerting control, this however is a facade and they are actually giving more control away. Like the anorexic they cannot be trusted to make their own decisions as they are incredibly self destructive.

CT is like an anorexic? Worst analogy ever? :razz:

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Tbf, he probably hasn't even read it, let alone written it

It’s ridiculous he is still a major figure in British politics with his track record. I can’t think of many major politicians being as clueless as he is.

If he was as good as a GP as a MP it makes Dr Nick a contender for the next nobel prize in medicine tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Do remember this is a negotiation and Ofcourse the EU is going to take every opportunity to put political pressure on our aside.

What I’ve read today is that Merkel has decided that the Irish section is going to be watered down and the political declaration on a future trading relationship will be a lot less detailed than what she originally wanted. All designed to ensure the withdrawal agreement can go ahead. Basically following Mays can kicking for another couple of years.

Unlikely. Barnier knows that May needs political cover and would be willing to consider Chequers if he thought it remotely workable.

Of course the future trading relationship will not be entirely sorted before withdrawal but there needs to be a broad understanding of how it’ll look. And the Irish position won’t be watered down by Merkel, the EU will continue to stand united unlike our lot.

Sounds like Corbyn flattened May at PMQs, all 6 of them dedicated to Brexit. Maybe Labour really have just been biding their time. I see Burnham called for a second referendum yesterday...

#Wishfulthinking