Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Do remember this is a negotiation and Ofcourse the EU is going to take every opportunity to put political pressure on our aside.

What I’ve read today is that Merkel has decided that the Irish section is going to be watered down and the political declaration on a future trading relationship will be a lot less detailed than what she originally wanted. All designed to ensure the withdrawal agreement can go ahead. Basically following Mays can kicking for another couple of years.

If you are quoting the Sun, you could at least openly admit it...

“can kicking“

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7186474/pound-soars-as-angela-merkel-opens-the-door-to-a-brexit-deal-by-backing-down-on-europes-red-lines/

and as much as I vant us to rule ze vorld, it’s not up to Angie to decide how a deal will look like. Barnier has to follow the principles set out by all members not just one of them. It’s something that’s just not understood on the British side tbh

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

If you are quoting the Sun, you could at least openly admit it...

“can kicking“

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7186474/pound-soars-as-angela-merkel-opens-the-door-to-a-brexit-deal-by-backing-down-on-europes-red-lines/

and as much as I vant us to rule ze vorld, it’s not up to Angie to decide how a deal will look like. Barnier has to follow the principles set out by all members not just one of them. It’s something that’s just not understood on the British side tbh

I read it on Bloomberg via the times twitter line but nice to know you’re a Sun reader :lol:

https://t.co/5lgw4KKDu5

Lovely how he gets to associate non EU migration and legal EU migration in virtually the same breath. Think he's just warming up for the literal calling to arms of all the gammons when  Barnier officially  agrees to kick the whole gig further into the long grass. This cunt & the ERG aren't giving up. 

13 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I read it on Bloomberg via the times twitter line but nice to know you’re a Sun reader :lol:

https://t.co/5lgw4KKDu5

I did check this. I wonder why the phrase „kicking the can“ doesn’t appear in the Bloomberg article...

Of course, I do read the Sun. It’s always good to know where idiots do get their ideas from.

15 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I did check this. I wonder why the phrase „kicking the can“ doesn’t appear in the Bloomberg article...

Of course, I do read the Sun. It’s always good to know where idiots do get their ideas from.

:lol:

As I stated, I was conveying what I’d read earlier, not copy and pasting. 

I find following decent journos on the ground, such as Bruno Brussels etc, the best source of information. Usually leads to more facts, less spin.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

:lol: CT busted again

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

"The British public overwhelmingly voted for Brexit"

What planet is he living on?

And yet again completely conflating migration of middle eastern refugees with FoM, despite the fact we are not in Schenghen and have full control of our borders. Just like he did in that vile poster.

What type of absolute idiot would vote for this man or his ideals?

:CT:

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

This is the thing. The Brexiters have no answers at all. None. They've had over two years to come up with a plan and all they can muster is 'will of the people' and 'believe in Britain'. How any member of the public can support this nonsense and how any MP can continue to back a no deal Brexit is beyond me. It really is a low point in our political history.

• Like 2

The ERG have unveiled their amazing new solution to the Irish border problem. Which is pretty much to ignore it. Technological solutions with light touch inspections away from the border. The exact same shit that has been dismissed time and time again.

@ewerk what do you think will actually happen?  :unsure:

I saw brand new EU border posts in operation in Croatia in July 2013 after they joined the EU and Bosnia/Herzegovina didn't. But there wasn't that many crossings. There are literally hundreds in NI. I've no doubt the EU will want to put them in place on the republic side should we crash out with no deal.  

I imagine that the WA will be signed with the backstop in place as is and a vague description of our future trading agreement. The PM will again state that the backstop will never actually be needed. 

What happens when this comes back to parliament is anyone's guess. My money would be on a second referendum.

• Like 1