Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Having been keeping up with the thread but from what I can gather, it's all Gemmill's fault? Sounds about right

His lust for Theresa May is unnatural.

Was at a party last night, the current Mrs PL’s ex work colleagues & partners, got chatting to a lad there I’ve met two or three times before. He works at Bournemouth airport for a company designing galley kitchens for aircraft. They’re doing new ones for the A380s and have just signed a big contract with Airbus. I mentioned that I thought they were pretty vocally anti Brexit and what did he think of the situation....he seemed a bit surprised that I thought there was anything to be concerned about..... Another party last month, my mates brother in law, who is a great lad and is the man the phrase “it’s not rocket science” was invented for as he is literally a rocket scientist. He’s left design far behind though, he now basically runs an agency hiring out top level free lance engineers all over the UK, Europe & beyond...he’s not bothered either, basically said “money talks”. 

At at the beginning of this thread I said that anyone who says they know how all this will pan out is a liar...I still largely stand by that but it would strongly appear that it’s just going to be degrees of shiteness. A mate who runs a branded workwear company lost a fortune in June 2016 when the pound plummeted in value after the referendum vote because he imports everything from China. He’s still cheerfully in favour of Brexit. “It’ll be alright” he says....which I shared his optimism..

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Was at a party last night, the current Mrs PL’s ex work colleagues & partners, got chatting to a lad there I’ve met two or three times before. He works at Bournemouth airport for a company designing galley kitchens for aircraft. They’re doing new ones for the A380s and have just signed a big contract with Airbus. I mentioned that I thought they were pretty vocally anti Brexit and what did he think of the situation....he seemed a bit surprised that I thought there was anything to be concerned about..... Another party last month, my mates brother in law, who is a great lad and is the man the phrase “it’s not rocket science” was invented for as he is literally a rocket scientist. He’s left design far behind though, he now basically runs an agency hiring out top level free lance engineers all over the UK, Europe & beyond...he’s not bothered either, basically said “money talks”. 

At at the beginning of this thread I said that anyone who says they know how all this will pan out is a liar...I still largely stand by that but it would strongly appear that it’s just going to be degrees of shiteness. A mate who runs a branded workwear company lost a fortune in June 2016 when the pound plummeted in value after the referendum vote because he imports everything from China. He’s still cheerfully in favour of Brexit. “It’ll be alright” he says....which I shared his optimism..

But Renton said we are heading for Armageddon so it must be true? 

The big fanny.

• Haha 1

A lad I work with who voted Leave reckons they should just get on with it, in his own words. He also reckons the press are suppressing any positives about negotiations. I normally keep quiet because I don’t want to get into an argument about it at work but I said can I just ask you two things? Why would a predominantly right wing, pro-Brexit written press not report any positives and, given you voted leave, how would you like negotiations to proceed? He just sat for about 10 seconds and then started waffling about project fear. He’s not even thick either. Just completely in denial. 

Edited by Alex

51 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

But Renton said we are heading for Armageddon so it must be true? 

The big fanny.

Armageddon? Not sure. I've said it would be a catastrophe though, if that helps. Especially for the North East. Mind, what do I know? What relevance are the treasury's own experts on this matter? Not to mention every other fucking economic organisation other than Patrick Minford's, who gleefully admits Brexit is the end of British manufacturing and farming? Yeah, let's trust a few anecdotes from Bournemouth instead.

No, I'm sure I will just continue being a complete fanny over the second destruction in my life time of the North East (the first being Thatcher's, btw). 

Edited by Renton

Either more can kicking or announcement of no deal.

I've been instructed to read HMG instructions of what no deal means for medical devices. It will mean some devices will not be available, there will be price increases for those that are, and UK companies will be at a competitive disadvantage. There's no upside. Great.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Lou McDonald of sinn fein is demanding a border poll if we drop out of the EU without a deal. I'd like to see this happen personally.

Excuse my ignorance on this.

But what would the poll be on?