Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

Blanc said: "Cabaye and Pjanic are actually two our targets, they are two players we want."

Blanc continued: "They are similar, they have the same profile of a very technical midfielder.

"There are two alternatives, there is no choice of number one or number two.

"There are negotiations ongoing, but it's hard to complete them in January.

"I would be very happy to have a midfielder."

Don't know what the attitudes towards it is over the channel, but I hate the way managers like him talk about other clubs' players like that. It's unsettling and helps no-one but the buying club. Doubt us or Roma appreciate this twat going on like he does.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/psg-open-talks-with-newcastle-and-yohan-cabaye-over-a-possible-transfer/

Get French Football News can confirm French television station TF1′s reports that PSG have entered into discussions with Newcastle over the possible transfer of central midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

According to TV programme Telefoot, negotiations for the transfer of Yohan Cabaye have intensified in recent days and the player will not refuse a move to the current Ligue 1 champions they believe.

Newcastle are understood to have indicated to PSG that an offer totalling a massive €30m will only be sufficient if they want to sign Yohan Cabaye.

It is likely to go right down to the final hours of this months transfer window as PSG continue to try and sign a central midfielder.

Yup. Wouldn't be surprised.

On the other hand, surely they can't be that idiotic, again? Surely it's impossible?

What downside was there for the board when they sold carroll?

It really isn't... why the fuck does this happen to us right at the end of the window.

I suppose it's possible that we've got Cabella ready to go if Cabaye leaves but lets be honest, it's doubtful at best. Would hate for him to go to Manure...

Hopefully we'll tell Man Utd that given their valuation of Fellaini (£28m), we want at least that for Cabaye.

PSG could probably get him for £25m.

And yeah, Cabella isn't the same kind of player but at the same time it'd make me feel better...

Hopefully we'll tell Man Utd that given their valuation of Fellaini (£28m), we want at least that for Cabaye.

PSG could probably get him for £25m.

And yeah, Cabella isn't the same kind of player but at the same time it'd make me feel better...

Hes not the same type of player but he would occupy a similar position in our squad as the most forward playing member of a three man midfield with tiote and anita behind him

I never understand the point in bids like that from PSG. It's £11m short of our valuation and we know they're fucking minted. Like hell were we going to accept that.

Couldn't it be that it's intended to set the bar for other suitors?

Except the thing is they've come out and said they value him at £17m... so that's the bid they'll settle on in the end. Which I still think we should reject.

I note that Sky article makes mention of Cabaye's option to buy himself out of his contract in the summer. That seems to be getting mentioned a lot...

Tuesday 18th Feb:

Bayer
19:45
Paris SG

Can PSG beat Bayern?...am thinking theyre too good for Bayer...a champions league campaign with the WC at the end of the season must be tempting...if a fee cant be agreed we may have one unhappy fucker on our hands...