Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Aeris

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we not just sit back, go 2-0 and then bring Adam Le Fondre on in the last 10 minutes? Seems to have just worked (again!) for Reading...

Of course we'd have to sign him tomorrow first...

Edited by Rayvin

Could we not just sit back, go 2-0 and then bring Adam Le Fondre on in the last 10 minutes? Seems to have just worked (again!) for Reading...

Of course we'd have to sign him tomorrow first...

Probably cost 3x what he's actually worth at the moment

Torres is appalling. They didn't show it on motd but in the first half tonight he stole into the box and took a shot that went out for a throw in. Terrible.

Chelsea don't look threatening without Hazard, and without Terry the defence is very iffy. A performance like our first half v Villa could really damage them, and the moment they concede they look hapless.

A draw would be a great result, but we should definitely take the game to them and not be too respectful or they'll nick a goal.

Danny Simpson is terrible, he shouldn't get another game for us after his performances this season.

Yes, that was my point. He's at his best when he is as far away from the ball as possible. For example, at home playing on his Xbox or tweaking Tulisa's nipple.

I'm glad we've upgraded Simpson but I do think he gets more stick than is justified.

I would wager that most goals conceded this year have been the fault of the middle or left.

He also saved us with a few goal line clearances last season.

Shame they can't get him to stay as a good squad player.

What about the number of our own attacks he has broken up by putting a simple pass out for a throw in?

Simpson is a horrible footballer. He can't pass, he is terrible at cutting out crosses, he is cowardly when it comes to positioning and has a non-existent first touch. He is incredibly fortunate to have earned so much money from being so poor.

What about the number of our own attacks he has broken up by putting a simple pass out for a throw in?

Simpson is a horrible footballer. He can't pass, he is terrible at cutting out crosses, he is cowardly when it comes to positioning and has a non-existent first touch. He is incredibly fortunate to have earned so much money from being so poor.

Im not saying he's great, he's just become the whipping boy even though he has been a very good servant to the club.

If Im not mistaken, he has started more games than any other player over the last three season.

Even looking at this season, Santon has been the cause of more goals conceded than Simpson.

Im sure Debuchy will be a great hit when he settles in, but so far I havent seen a vast gulf in skill, be that defending or attacking between the two.

Bloody hell. Im not sure what you watch then. Debuchy is willing to run the channel and take on people, and he's doesnt shite his pants when he sees an opposition player blocking his way. Thats a big enough gulf for me. Yeah Debuchy hasnt been perfect in the last two games, like you said he will take time to settle in but even currently I think he's made a significant difference to our right hand side.

Even looking at this season, Santon has been the cause of more goals conceded than Simpson.

That's doubtful, in my eyes. Simpson is constantly caught way out of position, usually drifting in no mans land between full back and centre back. He's then too far away from the winger to cut out the cross and too close to the winger to clear the final ball. His lack of ability on the ball and nervousness going forward invites pressure on us.

Santon at least can kick a football. He knows how to pass a ball and is infinitely more composed on the ball. Positioning can be coached to a player and I wouldn't expect Santon to have mastered positioning yet given his tender age.

In Simpson's case though, if you haven't developed a first touch and composure on the ball by the time you're 26, you never will, which is why I think he's a lost cause. He's only played so many games because we failed to secure Debuchy in the summer.

Im not saying he's great, he's just become the whipping boy even though he has been a very good servant to the club.

If Im not mistaken, he has started more games than any other player over the last three season.

Im sure Debuchy will be a great hit when he settles in, but so far I havent seen a vast gulf in skill, be that defending or attacking between the two.

I think it's early days for Debuchy. Whereas we know Simpson is shit and always will be.

FFS Debuchy has played 180 minutes in a new form of football, there's going to be teething problems. Anyone who knows football could see that he is a top drawer player at Euro2012, particularly going forward, he'll actually make goals this bloke and look at it like this, he is first choice for a much better international team than England. If we was English, we'd be delighted to have the England right back.

I hope Demba plays, I have a feeling if he does he'll have a stinker and we'll benefit. If this game was played last week I'd say we have no chance, but I think it's all to play for, a victory would surely end Rafa's time there.

By the way which of these new players can play in Europe for us? M'Biwa can't as Montpellier were in the CL, I think Lille were too, but the rest can? Sissoko?

How did France get on at the Euros?

Quarter Finals knocked out by Spain, no disgrace there. France are far more talented than the vast majority of countries, they just seem to have massive problems with in fighting, similarly to the Dutch. The Dommenech incident in South Africa was worse than anything in England's history. Lets just hope the french we have signed are humble good lads.

FFS Debuchy has played 180 minutes in a new form of football, there's going to be teething problems. Anyone who knows football could see that he is a top drawer player at Euro2012, particularly going forward, he'll actually make goals this bloke and look at it like this, he is first choice for a much better international team than England. If we was English, we'd be delighted to have the England right back.

I hope Demba plays, I have a feeling if he does he'll have a stinker and we'll benefit. If this game was played last week I'd say we have no chance, but I think it's all to play for, a victory would surely end Rafa's time there.

By the way which of these new players can play in Europe for us? M'Biwa can't as Montpellier were in the CL, I think Lille were too, but the rest can? Sissoko?

I know what you're saying Stevie but at the moment I really don't give a toss about Europe I just want to avoid relegation which is an uphill struggle.

I know what you're saying Stevie but at the moment I really don't give a toss about Europe I just want to avoid relegation which is an uphill struggle.

Ah aye definitely, but I'm confident we'll be OK. We're only 5 points off 11th placed Sunderland. I never really care about the mackems like some people, but if you take it that we'll beat them in the derby, that would mean we're only 2 points off them. Relegation is unimaginable, but I'm happy there are enough shit sides to avoid that catastrophe. We've had no luck this season as well you know, the Everton game this season was a prime example, we'd have won that last season playing no better. As for Europe, with Chelsea in it as well as other top top sides, it will be a big ask like.