January 2013 transfers

sammynb

Yes, you missed something, he's reportedly (good sources) said he wishes to join us. Could be happening on Wednesday but his agent is going to talk to QPR first...

Anyway, get them three in and I'll be delighted. Gives us a bit of time to concentrate on a striker. Ideally I'd have Gouffran, Graham AND a big money striker. The latter as the Ba replacement, the former two to replace Best/Lovenkrands.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of strikers signing is a major worry, looks like we're going into the Villa game with Cisse and Shola the only two available to play upfront.

Even though it's 8 days away?

Do you think we're keeping all current squad members and adding to it this window?

We've already lost Ba BTW in case you missed it, but for the others Ashley probably looks at it and thinks "Got 50% off on their wages his season" as we plainly should have had these type of signings wrapped in the summer.

...and yeah perhaps they've lined up somewhere for Simpson to go on the cheap before his contract is up.

Edited by OTF

Newcastle have agreed a fee with Nancy for Massadio Haidara, according to Sky sources.

The France U21 defender emerged as a target for Alan Pardew earlier this month and has also been linked with Roma.

Haidara's priority is to join a Premier League club, and he could now get his wish after Nancy accepted an undisclosed offer.

He said recently: "Newcastle do appeal to me, but everyone has to agree.

"I would be very happy to play there. My preference is England. It is the league which attracts me the most and would suit my game the best."

Haidara is the third French defender pursued by Newcastle this transfer window.

Mathieu Debuchy has already arrived and a bid for Montpellier's Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has been agreed

Edited by henda11

Gouffran would be decent on loan, help take the creative burden off Cabaye, Ben Arfa etc but he's a bit of a lazy bastard is he not? Danny Graham would be decent back-up but not to replace Ba!

Got mixed up with Gouffran and Gourcuff, deary me...

Pardew is keen on rivalling local rivals Sunderland to sign Danny Graham from Swansea, but chief scout Graham Carr is not a big admirer and the board are reluctant to spend £4m on a 27-year-old who has played top flight football for just 18 months.

Remember the last time Pardew went against Carr.....

obertan.jpg

If Haidra comes, he'll presumably be replacing Simpson leaving now or later and acting as. With Santon able to play both wings if he or Debuchy get injured Haidra can come in, assuming he's good enough. If Yanga-Mbiwa comes and a new striker then, after the disaster of the summer window I will actually be quite pleased. Especially if the scouting team come through and they are all quality and on par with previous signings, we would actually have a quality first team.

To be fair to Obertan, and I reserve the right to change my mind, he is starting to look at least interested in playing football recently. I would love nothing more than for him to come good as well.

Edited by Turniphead

Debuchy 5mil, Mbiwa 7mil, Haidara 3mil would mean we would have added some real quality and depth to our defence.

If we could get Gouffran for 1mil and a quality striker then that would make for the best window in a long time!

Debuchy 5mil, Mbiwa 7mil, Haidara 3mil would mean we would have added some real quality and depth to our defence.

If we could get Gouffran for 1mil and a quality striker then that would make for the best window in a long time!

£15 million for three good defenders, two of which are full internationals. If we can spend the same or anywhere near that for our attacking options I'd be delighted.