January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Cause it looks like he won't play till the summer. Clearly the frogs are trying it on for more money to let him go now.

We won't get a result at Villa with Perch or Guti starting. Sissoko changes the odds in our favour.

Edited by Park Life

So we can play more "hoofball" as you've been bemoaning recently?

Do you honestly think Pardew is going to stop playing hoofball?

He is a striker that is available, would fit in, wants to be here etc etc. Definitely worth having him in the squad.

Do you honestly think Pardew is going to stop playing hoofball?

He is a striker that is available, would fit in, wants to be here etc etc. Definitely worth having him in the squad.

We never played hooftball in the first half against Reading. Or at Old Trafford or The Emirates either. He also stopped playing it last season when we went 4-3-3 so he could do it again.

Liverpool want about £15 million for him. We wouldn't pay that and I'm glad we wouldn't either. He's a waster and not somebody I want back here for that reason. There's better options out there for us.

We never played hooftball in the first half against Reading. Or at Old Trafford or The Emirates either. He also stopped playing it last season when we went 4-3-3 so he could do it again.

Liverpool want about £15 million for him. We wouldn't pay that and I'm glad we wouldn't either. He's a waster and not somebody I want back here for that reason. There's better options out there for us.

Im all for better options.

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner

beIN Sport now suggesting that #Newcastle will also sign #Gouffran from #Bordeaux by the weekend. #nufc

hope he has a some sort of meds for that grass allergy of his. cant have a player who gets knackered because he fell face first and got a wiff of some grass.

Stop looking for bites man. Feel free to quote where I said that

I get the point about strength in depth but how much depth have the likes of Abeid, Good, Amalfitano etc. really given us? They've looked shite against half decent teams and Pardew has said as much.

The irony being the fees and wages for all the kids we've bought in the last 2 years would give us a decent CF/CB who could actually help out the first team.

We have an academy that attracts local lads like Campbell, Dummett, Tavernier who are every bit as good if not better than some of the foreign kids we seem intent on buying

You proved my point. Why buy kids from abroad for fees and wages when we have our own kids at home in the reserves and academy who would give their right nut to represent the club. I've seen Amalfitano 3 or 4 times now and been very unimpressed. I've seen Abeid more than that and been even less impressed. We are now paying 2.5mil for a kid who has fewer games under his belt than Ferguson and judging by the French journalists on Twitter has a long way to go before he's fit for purpose.

We are in dire need of first team players, not strength in depth with kids that may or may not be good in 3 or 4 years. The match against Mid table, championship team Brighton showed how well that policy is going so far

'We are in dire need of first team players, not strength in depth with kids that may or may not be good in 3 or 4 years. The match against Mid table, championship team Brighton showed how well that policy is going so far'

I hope this left back can score 20 goals by the end of the season

Looks like SiSSoko has signed the pre for the summer. I still don't understand this. He's been told he'll be on the bench when he goes back. It it's the case of lumping on a couple of mill surely worthwhile considering our current predicament.

Taking the piss now like, Im losing count. Is it 5 so far.

Debuchy, Mbwia, Hadeira, Gruffalo, Sissiko

But, Ba and maybe Colo out. Two key key players for us.

Looks like SiSSoko has signed the pre for the summer. I still don't understand this. He's been told he'll be on the bench when he goes back. It it's the case of lumping on a couple of mill surely worthwhile considering our current predicament.

They couldn't stop him (have no influence on) signing a pre-contract, which evidently he's done, so he's deffo off to us for nothing in the summer. They can sit him and pay his wages for a few months or take a nominal fee now, that's the leverage.