January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's that from CT? Suggests he's more of a winger than striker although he's scored when up front.

Its from here

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/99143/

Not sure how accurate the thing is but seems to have more on it than Wiki.

The bottom line for me is that its nice to take a punt on these kids but they still are kids, doing ok in a poorer league. Whose to say they will be any better in the prem than Abeid, Sammy, or all the other late teens / 20 somethings we have on the books.

Its from here

http://www.whoscored.../Players/99143/

Not sure how accurate the thing is but seems to have more on it than Wiki.

The bottom line for me is that its nice to take a punt on these kids but they still are kids, doing ok in a poorer league. Whose to say they will be any better in the prem than Abeid, Sammy, or all the other late teens / 20 somethings we have on the books.

He better be for 5m euros. :lol:

Chronicle five mil euros.

Reckon you've got confused mate. This is what it says about Thauvin;

NUFC face competition from Arenal for Bastia ace Florian Thauvin.

The Gunners were credited with interest for the teenage midfielder this morning but Bastia's Ligue 1 rivals Lille are also monitoring the situation.

Thauvin has made 20 appearances in Ligue 1 and netted three goals.

The 19-year-old has picked up three French Under-20 caps and is thought to be keen on a move to the Premier League.

Tavin's (sic) contract expires in June 2014 and is valued at around £1.5million.

Still doesn't say he's Ba's replacement though.

No. That is what I was saying. I don't think we will replace Ba like-for-like. I think we are looking for a Ben Arfa type player for the left. If anything Gouffran is Ba's replacement.

No. That is what I was saying. I don't think we will replace Ba like-for-like. I think we are looking for a Ben Arfa type player for the left. If anything Gouffran is Ba's replacement.

Ah, ok. It's just when you said that Thauvin was being lined up as Ba's replacement... ;)

Looks like Southampton might pip Liverpool to the signing of Coutinho. They're certainly spending some cash like.

He has the potential to be a quality little player too. Although it might be disheartening to somebody like Ward-Prowse having him and Gaston in front of him.

Gouffran is very pacy apparently, and scores goals to boot. About time we had a different type of striker. Could be the new Bellamy, we were fairly underwhelmed when he signed

We've definitely missed having a pacey striker for us for quite a while now. Totally different to anything we've had at our disposal since Bellamy.

Likewise Yanga-Mbiwa will help our defence out massively in that regard. A few times in Pardew's reign we've been caught out with the high ball over the top due to the lack of pace Colo, Williamson and Taylor have. So now with him we can also play a higher line allowing us to press further up the pitch.

Looks like Southampton might pip Liverpool to the signing of Coutinho. They're certainly spending some cash like.

He has the potential to be a quality little player too. Although it might be disheartening to somebody like Ward-Prowse having him and Gaston in front of him.

That'd be a coup if they can get both of them playing well.

Interview with the president of the club on their official site

What about the case of Florian Tatipaka is the great hope of the club and that would be courted by clubs such as Arsenal, Newcastle or Lille?

Should tell all to once again be aware

Should say it all to be once very clear about it to tell the truth to our supporters: the club has today received to Florian that a sum offer close and it derives from Newcastle offering 3 million to€, with ready to Bastia player until June, and 15% of the amount of the capital gain on a future transfer. We are thinking about this proposal and we will decide quickly.

I think the Brighton game was the turning point. Sammy, Ranger,Abeid miles away from prem class. Obertan maybe a third rate sub, Williamson is a league one player.

Squad looking a lot better, I don't care where they are from as long as they deliver.