January 2013 transfers

sammynb

A forward would make the window near perfect but I just can't see it. Not many sides have >2 quality forwards. I also don't know enough about the new guy. Also depends on our formation as he might be using people like HBA as part of a front 3.

Either way, it's nice to go in to the end of the window not panicking.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Drogba was finished in his last two seasons at Chelsea, a shadow of his former self. I couldn't believe how bad he was when we saw him for the last time up here. He did the right thing taking the money and fucking off to China. Been a bit of a myth built up around him this season by the press with their 'Chelsea miss Drogba' lazy journalism. They only miss him because Torres is so woeful.

Finished? He pretty much single handedly pushed them to winning the champions league 6 months ago

Nah, not having that like. Got up well for the corner and scored a penalty in a shootout that he did sweet fuck all in the other 120 minutes. Granted, being an experienced quality footballer who could handle the pressure was exactly what Chelsea needed, but he was def garbage compared to what he used to be.

Word is out that we've finished in this transfer window, no further investment to be made and no new striker coming in - while I'm happy with the strengthening we've done we really needed a decent goalscorer to come in and replace Ba's contribution. You don't win games without scoring and I can't see Cissé, Shola and Gouffran doing the work needed to keep us up.

I can see Cisse doing that work now he's the sole focus of our attacks. He was unlucky against Reading and in the first half when we tried to play football he was getting the service required and was getting himself into the positions so I'm not worried about that at all.

Danny Graham has put in a transfer request apparently. :scratchchin:

I'd bring the lad in for sure, but if the club's said they're done spending this window then that's usually the case.

Cant be sure with all the rumors about Bony and the other French lad going about. Yes Im not going to attempt to spell his name.

He wont be setting the league alight anywhere but he's decent backup and will push Shola further down the line so there certainly wont be any harm in getting him. Might come a bit cheaper now too considering he seems to want out.

According to twitter some Belgian paper has reported we are in for someguy (French of course) called William Vanqiuer. Midfielder. Why in the world would we be going in for another one of those?

I'd bring the lad in for sure, but if the club's said they're done spending this window then that's usually the case.

I'd take him but not for the price being touted.

He should just say Ryder instead of the local journos as we know he is the oracle according to Christmas Tree. Wouldn't surprise me if he used him for diet advice too.

Who says that? None of the proper local journos have said that recently

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho

The Danny Graham situation is moving apace tonight. I doubt he'll be at #SAFC in a Swansea shirt tomorrow...

or Colin Young if you prefer him ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269485/Danny-Graham-wanted-Sunderland-Martin-ONeill.html

Two do ya?

Edited by Christmas Tree