January 2013 transfers

sammynb

.com with an excellent bit on our current season/predicament/transfer window

Not a mention of Ashley or Llambias?

If you're going to write an attack piece on the depth of the squad and paucity of incoming players I'm flabbergasted people as knowledgeable as Niall and Biffa can leave them completely out of the picture.

Well balanced view of Pardew and the fans though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Bent to be honest. He'll score enough to keep us up.

Bent is only useful when he is played as a lone striker. So you want us to drop Cisse for him?

They're mentioned as 'his employers'.

It's like banging your head off a brick wall with those 2 in charge though. The 'working dilligently behind the scenes' quickly turns into 'couldn't get it over the line' along with sound-bytes about how it's a difficult window and troublesome agents.

This is where Pardew's 'I'd like to fank Mike' patter comes back to bite him in the arse. He didn't look as confident as he normally is at his press conference the other day yet he just can't implore Ashley/Llambias publicly to get their fingers out.

.com article fairly spot and is just highlighting what those of us who know about football have been saying all season.

We've looked pish all season, long before we were ravaged by injuries and long before we could blame the strains of Europe.

Since when were you a "ned?"

.com article fairly spot and is just highlighting what those of us who know about football have been saying all season.

We've looked pish all season, long before we were ravaged by injuries and long before we could blame the strains of Europe.

We beat Spurs, looked better and took a point at Liverpool, got a great result at Goodison, looked decent in Europe. Then from West Ham onwards we've had problems. Up until then, as has been repeatedly pointed out, we looked fine and results were fine.

We beat Spurs, looked better and took a point at Liverpool, got a great result at Goodison, looked decent in Europe. Then from West Ham onwards we've had problems. Up until then, as has been repeatedly pointed out, we looked fine and results were fine.

What bollocks. :lol:

Regardless of what "results" we got, we have looked shit all season bar Man U, Arsenal etc. This is perfectly summed up by Everton away. Everton were robbed that day.

The thing is Christmas Tree last season we never really looked that great either barring the 4-3-3 spell. Our season was based on being very solid at the back and usually Ba scoring a goal and we saw out the rest of the game.

Regardless of what "results" we got, we have looked shit all season bar Man U, Arsenal etc. This is perfectly summed up by Everton away. Everton were robbed that day.

Everton were playing the best football in the league at the time and were at home and we had enough to get a result. The fact that you cant even analyse my post to understand that it says only 'we got a great result' at Everton, ignore where i have said we did play well, just shows how utterly baseless any analysis you spout actually is. You cant even analyse 2 lines of text and reflect / reply to it coherently, anything involving 22 men running around for 90 minutes is clearly well beyond you.

The thing is Christmas Tree last season we never really looked that great either barring the 4-3-3 spell. Our season was based on being very solid at the back and usually Ba scoring a goal and we saw out the rest of the game.

I dont agree. I think particularly after Cisse arrived and Ba was pushed out left, we looked a much more balanced team. This season Pardew dropped that simply to pacify Ba and then continued with the 442 when it was clear it was not working. His whole game plan was either knock it long or hope for Ben Arfa magic.

The point is this. There are those who want to paper over Pardews disastrous performance and lay all the blame at Ashley and Llambias for not signing an extra couple of players in the summer. It suits there agenda.

Sure it was a big mistake not adding bodies, but that shouldnt blind us to the weak managerial performance.

We only lost 2 of our first 10 games.

2J is spot on. We started out with performances as "solid" as we had last year.

Everton were playing the best football in the league at the time and were at home and we had enough to get a result. The fact that you cant even analyse my post to understand that it says only 'we got a great result' at Everton, ignore where i have said we did play well, just shows how utterly baseless any analysis you spout actually is. You cant even analyse 2 lines of text and reflect / reply to it coherently, anything involving 22 men running around for 90 minutes is clearly well beyond you.

Before you venture back up your arse hole, which seems to be your favourite dwelling spot these days, my comment was that we have looked pish most of the season.

You can spout all you like til the cows come home but most Newcastle fans will agree with that statement.

I dont agree. I think particularly after Cisse arrived and Ba was pushed out left, we looked a much more balanced team. This season Pardew dropped that simply to pacify Ba and then continued with the 442 when it was clear it was not working. His whole game plan was either knock it long or hope for Ben Arfa magic.

The point is this. There are those who want to paper over Pardews disastrous performance and lay all the blame at Ashley and Llambias for not signing an extra couple of players in the summer. It suits there agenda.

Sure it was a big mistake not adding bodies, but that shouldnt blind us to the weak managerial performance.

So you've completely ignored what I've posted then?

Before you venture back up your arse hole, which seems to be your favourite dwelling spot these days, my comment was that we have looked pish most of the season.

You can spout all you like til the cows come home but most Newcastle fans will agree with that statement.

Look just because your stupid, doesnt mean i'm going to be gentle with you. I said we were going ok until November and called out some results and performances that were decent. Your reply of 'what bollocks' was completely unjustified, didnt reflect what i said and is not an appropriate response to a post that was pure debate and didnt disparage your own opinion.

Again, such stupidity to say i am up my arsehole when you were the one who starts with remarks like 'bollocks'. I cant stand total lack of self awareness, especially when its doubled up with personal attacks, you stupid fat cunt.

Give over man, we were 8 points worse off after 10 games. We had a minus 2 goal difference as opposed to a plus 8 the year before.

Night and day man. :lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

You're still in the honeymoon period so your posts may safely be igonored till you get back in the cellar with your charts innit. ;)

That's basically it. Think this season was also psychologically in new territory after the 5th place and for one reason or another (bad window), players not looking quite fit (Cabaye) and losing Hatem at a crucial period we've slipped down the table slowly but surely.

Pardew has been asked these questions before at his other clubs (good start and then tailing off). We will see if he has the answers over the next few weeks. Hatem is the key.

Looks like the promising left back will come in and they are hunting high and low for another striker (quality unknown).

Edited by Park Life

Barca supporter on NO just pointed out our turnover was bigger than their in 2003. Wow!

Interesting but Spanish football's spending power in that period didnt relate to turnover really. Debts were built up and written off, hidden, paid for through various vehicles etc. Turnover not a total reflection of their 'spending' power.

Give over man, we were 8 points worse off after 10 games. We had a minus 2 goal difference as opposed to a plus 8 the year before.

Night and day man. :lol:

The style of football was very similar though.

Interesting but Spanish football's spending power in that period didnt relate to turnover really. Debts were built up and written off, hidden, paid for through various vehicles etc. Turnover not a total reflection of their 'spending' power.

That's why I don't like Real Madrid. That whole business with the council buying their training ground was shady as owt.

True. I heard a story the Spanish royals pressured banks to give Real whatever they needed. :lol: