The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle is one of the most affordable football clubs to follow. Prices last night were cheap. I dont buy the cost argument since wages have risen in line with prices. Not seen anything to suggest Gemmill isnt spot on with his question on the whereabouts of this mythical superior breed of fan.

The change is societal, its not even football specific.

Ok, I was blotto last night, but seriously, a lot of our support need to let their hair down and get a bit vocal. It's allowed. You wont get thrown out for shouting some encouragement. Remember when our keeper could throw a ball out to the full back and half the crowd would shout out 'Go on!' :lol:

When did everyone go all shy and coy or maybe some just haven't got a clue or maybe a bit of both?

Great draw for us - it's not going to be easy but they're definitely beatable. Cardozo can be a good player but he blows hot and cold - he's on mega money over there and his ambition has started to dwindle. Aimar hasn't done anything for years. As with all Portuguese teams they're good on the ball if you let them play and they're a bunch of cheating, diving swines, so let's hope we get a ref who doesn't get fooled (although Steven Taylor might disagree with that).

Great trip though - Lisbon's the best city I've ever been to, by miles! Howay the toon!

Some of their fans have been posting over on N-O and have been very welcoming of us so far. Oh and look they hate the Mackems. :lol:

Hi, another Benfica supporter here. Well, I just want to say thank you for accepting me in your forum. Also, it is a pleasure to play against you guys, I really like Newcastle. By the way, hope you kick the shi* out of fuc**** Sunderland, they cant even pick their own stadium name.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunderland are a mediocre team with a mediocre manager, i can see them really struggle to stay up and in all honesty i wouldn't be surprised to see them going down with Reading and Villa/Wigan

Bring Cheryl Cole, I'm waiting for her here !

Btw, if you want to see the first leg live, you should get a flight to Porto, take a dump in their stadium (or just pee in the wall), take a train, stop in Aveiro (portuguese Venice) buy me a few beers and then to Lisbon.

Btw I plan going to SJP, Where's the best place to be with Cheryl Cole ?!

That shit that gives MTV, the English version of Jersey Shore ... is not in Newcastle?

Nothing to do but as I like whores and vinho verde I am interested in these issues.

There's only 1 stadium of light friend ! And you guys are finnaly going to see it

:up::lol: :lol: :lol:

That shit that gives MTV, the English version of Jersey Shore ... is not in Newcastle?

Nothing to do but as I like whores and vinho verde I am interested in these issues.

Superb. :lol:

Asked for their opinion on Souness.

Oh God...what a w*ncker.

Filled Benfica with old useless british players that couldn't kick a ball to save their lives.

Names like Michael Thomas, Dean Saunders, Mark Pembridge and several others will live forever in our worst nightmares.

They are class. :lol:

:up::lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I donno why but that really tickled me.

We should like Benfica, we should like Portugal. They are our friend and the oldest ally we have in life. We've had relations with them since the 14th century. They have personality, they're fuck all like the Spanish and they're good looking cunts too.

Honestly this fixture is a proper European intriguing game, not just for us, not just for Benfica, but for all of Europe. We underestimate our presence globally, many of them will know all about us, and it's fascinating because we've never played them, and I genuinely believe it's a 50/50 tie. Should be 60000 in Lisbon and 52000 here without a doubt.

How many tickets do you usually give away fans for European games, mate?

They gave the blue dippers 5000 IIRC and proceeded to hump them 5-0. Another reason to like Benfica. When I was a kid, I remember them in two European Cup Finals, I've always thought of them as A listers along with Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan and Ajax.

They gave the blue dippers 5000 IIRC and proceeded to hump them 5-0. Another reason to like Benfica. When I was a kid, I remember them in two European Cup Finals, I've always thought of them as A listers along with Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan and Ajax.

i was there for the everton games v benfica and sporting. a nice city and although rossio square is a bit grotty, other areas have some good bars especially bairro alto area. stewarding was chaotic and they just told people to sit where they liked and opened up an extra section when necessary. police were okay and the stadium is easy to get to by the metro. hoping you get to final as got ticket for it, and would hate a chelsea v spurs final ;-)