Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

There are documents and bits of evidence coming out recently that show he may have been involved with the previous board all along. The club was registered using the same company that MASH uses, the adminstrators (who have been charged by the police for their dealings with the club) are also the same company that Ashley uses (Duff and Phelps) and emails seem to be emerging showing other links.

In December when the club required funding Ashley offered a loan of £2 million requesting 2 board members for it. Brian Kennedy, someone who had previously tried to buy into the club, offered the same but requested only 1 board member. A leaked email from the chairman shows him requesting Ashley to increase his offer or he'd be forced to accept's Kennedy's thereby risking his and another member their place on the board. Ashley then increased his offer to £3 million and the club announced they accepted the best offer. Kennedy was stunned and said they had never got back to give him any opportunity to revise his offfer. The board then got rid of the chief exec and another board member who were anti-Ashley and they were replaced with Ashley's men.

At this time the club also knocked back a £16 million offer from Dave King which was part loan, part equity in the club as they are afraid of him (he called an EGM yesterday asking for the board to be removed).

An American, Sarver offered £20 million for ownership of the club but the board never even spoke to him.

The so called '3 Bears' recently offered a £5 million loan as the board said they required this till the end of the season. This offer included additional funding in exchange for equity in the future. They have now announced they are stunned that the board have said they need £10 million and so are looking at Ashley's offer as the £5 million figure was the one given by the board themselves. Basically the board (Ashleys men Lambias and Leach) are trying all they can to avoid others being involved in the club. The 3 Bears have now increased their loan offer to £10 million to stop Ashley getting security over Ibrox and the training ground.

Here's a link to the story re the leaked email:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leaked-david-somers-email-shows-4870054

Nothing youve posted suggests anything other than a power struggle which Ashley will win. As toonpack posted on here this week he doesnt need to increase his shareholding in Rangers to have complete control of the most important areas of the club. So he wont be leaving Newcastle either, we're both up shit creek without a paddle. Good luck, you'll need it.

Edited by PaddockLad

've already given the retail deal as an example but he's also costing us a ton of money on lost advertising revenue as he has SD all over the stadium and no cost to himself. Incredibly the stadium naming rights were sold to him for £1 (that's not a typo, it was one pound). It was then announced that he had agreed to give this up, however in exchange this was to allow his free advertising and a deal that allows him to take over our entire retail arm on the cheap for ever.

Basically a re-run of what he did here. Only it was much easier given he owned 100% of the equity. I actually think he enjoys the power games going on up there and he's viewing this as not only an opportunity to exploit the club but to prove that he can outsmart all the other involved parties.

Nothing youve posted suggests anything other than a power struggle which Ashley will win. As toonpack posted on here this week he doesnt need to increase his shareholding in Rangers to have complete control of the most important areas of the club. So he wont be leaving Newcastle either, we're both up shit creek without a paddle. Good luck, you'll need it.

One thing we have in our favour is that the SFA won't allow him to increase his shareholding to more than 10% of the club. Despite that though he contols the boardroom and has sewn up deals that will see us strangled financially for years to come.

However an EGM has now been called and will have to be held within the next 7 weeks. To succeed this needs to basically get 1 more vote (from shareholders) than the Ashley camp. It seems that those who oppose the board now have enough shares and support to overthrow the board. The big conern is what more damage can be done in this 7 weeks.

I actually think he enjoys the power games going on up there and he's viewing this as not only an opportunity to exploit the club but to prove that he can outsmart all the other involved parties.

There is a feeling of that as well to a certain extent. He's used to always getting his own way so he's digging his heels in here. Given the fan boycott, the hatred of the board etc etc the income he could make from us is dropping all the time so it does seem that some of it is stubborness and power games.

One thing we have in our favour is that the SFA won't allow him to increase his shareholding to more than 10% of the club. Despite that though he contols the boardroom and has sewn up deals that will see us strangled financially for years to come.

However an EGM has now been called and will have to be held within the next 7 weeks. To succeed this needs to basically get 1 more vote (from shareholders) than the Ashley camp. It seems that those who oppose the board now have enough shares and support to overthrow the board. The big conern is what more damage can be done in this 7 weeks.

The damage will have been done, there's no way (unless he's losing his touch) Ashley wouldn't have anticipated either King or Park etc. calling an EGM. The club can't last 7 weeks without external funding (they need a big lump by the end of Jan, anything from £4 Mill to £10 Mill depending on which stories you read) so either they have to take it from Ashley secured against Ibrox/Auchenowie (sp?) or King or Park etc have to put it in, but they (King/Park) can't secure any loan as Ashley's got that tied up with his application.

I can't believe any businessman will give the current board £10Mill unsecured, so if they won't, Ashley's £10 Mill is the only game in town. Even if they do, expect it to disappear to satisfy one of the onerous contracts and then Ashley have to step in again before the 7 weeks is up.

Even if EGM happens and King changes the board, fully expect Ashley's contracts to be watertight and him to remain the major creditor. As major creditor he can control any insolvency event if he wants one - see what he just did with USC - with Duff and Phelps as admins :)

Interestingly the current £10Mill loan proposal isn't from Ashley via MASH holdings, it's from the Sports Direct subsidiary that owns 49% of Rangers Retail Ltd. Whilst we all know that is in reality Ashley, in pure legal terms it's a commercial agreement between two corporate entities so no way can SFA or SPFL use it in terms of the undue influence situation.

Only Ashley will know what his endgame is, but I suspect he's just doing what he does, i.e. attacking a distressed brand to make sure he owns all the bits that are profitable to make him/SD some moolah and I reckon those plans have been in place from the start given his involvement with Charlie boy. Am still not convinced Craig Whyte's out of the equation yet either.

Edited by Toonpack

So Shepherd didn't learn from his mistakes and the Roeder appointment then. Regardless of all the stick Ashley gets, we'd be fucked if this cunt was still here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30869573

The man's a prick. Does any Newcastle fan give a shit where our players and managers come from. We do actually care if they're total dogshit though.

Revenue isn't profit mind... if we're run really badly then we could quite easily be spending all of that just keeping afloat.

Of course we know that Mashley is looking at taking about £50m out of the club this year in dividends, so...

Is it naive of me to think that this is just our 'Arsenal phase' and that in years to come once the debt is paid off we'll be bringing in players like Ozil and Sanchez?? :lol: I think I know the answer to that.

Revenue isn't profit mind... if we're run really badly then we could quite easily be spending all of that just keeping afloat.

Of course we know that Mashley is looking at taking about £50m out of the club this year in dividends, so...

Is it naive of me to think that this is just our 'Arsenal phase' and that in years to come once the debt is paid off we'll be bringing in players like Ozil and Sanchez?? :lol: I think I know the answer to that.

I don't think we'll ever be spending £40m on a player (or whatever the astronomical figures are at the time) but I hope that Ashley's groundwork of changing the transfer culture at Newcastle forms a base from which we can exist as a Premier League team who can strive to achieve, the fairly modest targets, of Europa League qualification & domestic cup success.

Southampton have benefited from having a monopoly on youth from the south coast for some time and (more importantly) a boardroom who had a very clear vision for the future. Look at the conveyor belt they now have, that's not something that's happened by chance, so it's something that can be recreated elsewhere.

I don't think we'll ever be spending £40m on a player (or whatever the astronomical figures are at the time) but I hope that Ashley's groundwork of changing the transfer culture at Newcastle forms a base from which we can exist as a Premier League team who can strive to achieve, the fairly modest targets, of Europa League qualification & domestic cup success.

Southampton have benefited from having a monopoly on youth from the south coast for some time and (more importantly) a boardroom who had a very clear vision for the future. Look at the conveyor belt they now have, that's not something that's happened by chance, so it's something that can be recreated elsewhere.

Southampton do have a strong model and we do seem to have taken steps in this respect; wasn't our academy upgraded recently? Or we're attempting to get the highest classification or something?

The thing is though, while I think a lot of us would be on board with this thinking if they came out and said it was to build a platform for success in the future, the reality is that it's just as likely that Ashley will pay his debt back to himself and then just continue taking money out of the club as a dividend, doing just enough to keep us afloat.

Delloitte not recognise 2006-2008?

B78Wy3NCAAE3kgK.png

Could strength have something to do with the security of the commercial deal? It's length, it's stability? Genuine question is "strength" simply a synonym for "rich"

Southampton do have a strong model and we do seem to have taken steps in this respect; wasn't our academy upgraded recently? Or we're attempting to get the highest classification or something?

The thing is though, while I think a lot of us would be on board with this thinking if they came out and said it was to build a platform for success in the future, the reality is that it's just as likely that Ashley will pay his debt back to himself and then just continue taking money out of the club as a dividend, doing just enough to keep us afloat.

I agree, I don't think that Mike Ashley will ever push for more than 10th. My hope is that he gets us to a position where it doesn't take a large cash reserve to own/run the club. So if a group can muster the funds to purchase NUFC from Ashley for, say, £200m, they wouldn't need another £200m to service debt, or improve facilities, or overhaul the squad/staff to turn us from a stable Premier League club into an ambitious one.

High hopes indeed.

Guessing everyone has seen that break down of where shirts are sold.

I was wondering is that just shirts bought from Sports Direct stores? As surely the opinion of Ashley would have an impact on where fans buy their stuff? How do they account for shirts bought through websites?

Guessing everyone has seen that break down of where shirts are sold.

I was wondering is that just shirts bought from Sports Direct stores? As surely the opinion of Ashley would have an impact on where fans buy their stuff? How do they account for shirts bought through websites?

Where the online buys are assigned to was my first thought for the London numbers

I was interested to see the percentages but I'm not sure it told us anything

It's a narrow view of where Sports Direct sales are, whether in store or online. Supporters living in their home city are more likely to buy a strip from the club shop than from Sports Direct though, as they perceive the purchase as a contribution to the club coffers being better than supporting Sports Direct.

That's true for Man U, Man City, Newcastle and any other club.

Canny bit of publicity though, stirring the regional rivalry and putting the suggestion into the mind of locals to go out and buy a shirt.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt