Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

downing :lol: fuck off useless wee scroat that he is, never ever crosses, always cuts inside being a greedy cunt, trying to hit some speculative effort.

HIs assists are like a goalkeepers I reckon... Without looking it up...;)

Downing seems unlikely. Maybe we're feigning an interest for some reason but I can't see it making sense financially to ashley.

Am hoping it's just Liverpool trying to drum up interest/agent-talk.

Don't get me wrong, he's not that bad, but for the money I reckon we could do better and I'd love for us to get a younger English player like Ince or Sinclair. Seems like ages since we properly invested in British youth (albeit at 24 Sinclair is pushing anyone's definition of youth).

I'm with you MT I'd rather have someone younger with more potential. Downing will never get any better than he is now imo. Still managers under pressure would rather buy seasoned players on big wages I guess...that's why he strikes me as more of a fat sam signing

Edited by Kitman

With the possibility of decent overlapping fullbacks (at last) we don't need this wingers bollocks...With the bonus fullbacks are always picked up late whereas wingers tend ot get marked/kicked.

With the possibility of decent overlapping fullbacks (at last) we don't need this wingers bollocks...With the bonus fullbacks are always picked up late whereas wingers tend ot get marked/kicked.

Got a strong feeling Pardew will be all about 442 next season unfortunately.

If we go 4-4-2 it means that Jonas will definitely start and Cabaye will become anonymous in CM because of a lack of options around helping him, and the other team more than likely playing 3 CM's. Hopefully Pardew has learnt that from last season.

I can't see him dropping cabaye, sissoko or tiote

I wonder whether he'd rather stay at lfc on his big bucks anyway. Rodgers is bound to get sacked at some point....he has the air of a wrong un about him iyam

I noticed last year they even tried him as a left back. :lol:

Doesn't improve our first team.

He would have been a good asset last season with our Europa League commitments, but if he is looking to get regular first team performance, I can't see Pardew starting him week in week out with the likes of Arfa and now Remy competing for similar positions.

Liverpool at home iirc

Shola unused sub in that game. I remember one game where we may have eneded up with Shola in a wide posistion after a couple of substitutions but its a pretty weak thread to hang anyone with tbh. Pardew is limited to say the least but perprtuating petty myths about the bloke is unfair iyam and strolling into CT terrortory.

Shola unused sub in that game. I remember one game where we may have eneded up with Shola in a wide posistion after a couple of substitutions but its a pretty weak thread to hang anyone with tbh. Pardew is limited to say the least but perprtuating petty myths about the bloke is unfair iyam and strolling into CT terrortory.

Sorry, I thought you meant which game did Sissoko play RW.

It's not perpetuating a myth about Pardew, he did play Shola wide right one game. Probably the most ridiculous managerial decision I've ever seen at the club