Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that you have a differing opinion, it's that everything you post is entirely negative and largely baseless. Pardew was asked a question about Cabaye and he replied he'd like to keep him and suddenly you reckon that he's touting him round. Do you honestly think that David Moyes wasn't aware of Cabaye until he read that quote on the Sky Sports website? If we were looking to get rid then there are better ways of doing it than in a press conference.

You will never hear Alan Pardew say that any of our players aren't going to be sold because he understands that all our players have a price on their heads. The last time Pardew stated that a player wasn't for sale the same player was out the door less than two weeks later and since then he has learned to give no 100% assurances on any player.

Nah I don't "honestly think David Moyes...." - I think saying that your key player, whos been linked in the media is in the same league as some of their biggest signings is ridiculous and blatent. I'm sure others agree. It's not baseless to say either side, but as soon as he drops in "players like him, Rooney and Ronaldo" it's a big fucking come get him, imo.

I'm similar , in that I get annoyed when people are "entirely positive" in the transfers thread (which I reckon was the only place I'm totally negative).

Saying that quote isn't a come get me , or that gomis is going to solve our problem of selling 2 of our better players and buying in shit at the last minute, for me is almost like working for the Ashley team, there's fuck all positive about that.

But anyhoo, I'll concede , but what exactly is there to be positive about? Last year was fookin painful man, horrible - and then he's going to put us all through it again, only this time 4 frencies in January isn't going to help us.

It's frustration, so I'll tone it down if its going to generate such responses.

I'm going to flounce off and cry now...

Edited by scoobos

Nah I don't "honestly think David Moyes...." - I think saying that your key player, whos been linked in the media is in the same league as some of their biggest signings is ridiculous and blatent. I'm sure others agree. It's not baseless to say either side, but as soon as he drops in "players like him, Rooney and Ronaldo" it's a big fucking come get him, imo.

Comments like that in fact give the impression any potential suitors are going to have to pay big bucks if they want him. Completely the opposite of what you think he was trying to do.

Im not a big Pardew fan either but you're getting worked up about nothing here.

Are you suggesting he should have said "er, actually, Cabaye isn't very good, definitely not Man Utd quality" or something?

Plus he didn't say that Cabaye is in the same league as Rooney and Ronaldo, just that quality players are going to be speculated about. Which is true and not controversial in the slightest.

To be fair a lot of people like yourself see Pardew commenting on players like Cabaye in the worst possible context, i.e. that he's trying to sell them on. I can empathise with that, sometimes I think he'd be better off saying nothing at all, but other times I think the likes of yourselves are twisting his words to make them sound worse than perhaps Pardew meant them to be.

Ok, well you're entitled to your view. I hear what you say, but it just jars me WHY he would choose to drop in names like Rooney and Ronaldo and not just say "quality players" or summat. Other members here also reckon hes a salesman, so I'm not an isolated looney in this. perhaps.

Edited by scoobos

On the extended interview Kinnear says "we've got a second hitlist (of strikers) in case these three (Remy, Gomis, Bent) fall through".

Much as going after our second choices is a little unsettling, I welcome the notion that the club won't just go "oh well, we tried, Cisse, Shola and Campbell it is" should we not get the aforementioned targets in.

He also mentions another area of the pitch that he plans to focus on when the striker situation is sorted. Hopefully it involves wide players.

Still reckon the McCarthy deal won't happen unless Cabaye leaves.

Aye! He's a very cultured player, beyond his years. I actually believe the Barcelona dossier story - though Henry Winter reckons they want £15m for him!

We should try and get Will Hughes from Derby...

He had a very impressive game tonight.

Could it be that we get Remy on loan and Ince for 10mil? Maybe Bent for 5mil as well.

With no outgoings, I'd be happy With that.

I like the idea of new people being discussed, but can we please get at least one transfer over the line...? I remember that week in January when we bought anything that moved...another of those please.

Aye! He's a very cultured player, beyond his years. I actually believe the Barcelona dossier story - though Henry Winter reckons they want £15m for him!

Weren't we linked with him some time back? We'd be better off spending that amount on him than McCarthy to be honest. Although I cant see it happening.