Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Commercial and matchday income is tied into goodwill and the prevailing economic climate to an extent...That's not to say that they are singularly lacking in vision. I'd imagine (and I'm guessing) that commercial income has dropped at most clubs outside of the CL.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 10m of commercial income missing, where it was lost is not clear. I imagine that during the period 2005 to 2008 there were a lot of corporate boxes paying top whack. I also know that those sort of expenses are the first to go when the economy tanks. Not sure that explains it all. You've got a couple of mill on catering too but that should also have reduced headcount, admin and sourcing costs.

Hard to judge without a breakdown of the 34m which was the peak of the commercial line around 06 ish.

I dont want to go over old ground too much but just what is Sissoko supposed to do sitting (correct me if I'm worng) in front of the back 4?

Thats Tiote's job, Sissoko's the box to box midfielder. Anyway as long as he's not put on the wings I'll be happy.

Thats Tiote's job, Sissoko's the box to box midfielder. Anyway as long as he's not put on the wings I'll be happy.

Err...he was never picked on the wing, thats a 442 which we never played after he signed.

box to box....nope. not having it. theyre scarcer than hens teeth at the top level . you need to rest in possesion nowadays. we've not had a player like that since poor old Gary Speed's legs gave up a decade ago. He's an attacker who shouldnt be asked to get back anywhere beyond his own centre circle iyam.

If we sign Remy and add Gomis or Bent as well, I think we're sorted up front.
We're still being heavily linked with McCarthy of Wigan, but if the fee is correct, I'd prefer us to spend £15m on Will Hughes of Derby as he's younger and, in my opinion, has a brighter future ahead of him. I think we're still a little short in defence and I'd like to see an experienced centre back joining us.

Curious as to why it's taking so much longer to get stuff sorted.

1002415_588456717853790_1959629691_n.png

--------------------krul

debuchy--mbwia---colo---santon

-------------------tiote

----------cabaye-----sissoko

ben arfa--------cisse---------remy

looks alreet on paper

--------------------krul

debuchy--mbwia---colo---santon

-------------------tiote

----------cabaye-----sissoko

ben arfa--------cisse---------remy

looks alreet on paper

Exactly although I have Taylor in the side. He's a Geordie. I reckon CB will be heavily rotated and M'Biwa getting equal game time.

This excites me. As does an adapted Sissoko playing in a three with Tiote and Cabaye.

I wouldn't see Sissoko as being adapted playing there, he's a DMF anyway . I think us lot put this "box to box" label on him. I'd prefer Sissoko over Tiote any day tbh.

Wtf are you two going on about? :lol:

no one knows where this fucker should be playing, least of all him or his manager.

What is he being adapted from/to?...or not? :lol:

Tiote will sit in front of the back 4.

Cabaye(pulling the strings) and Sissoko(power/direct) more advanced but operating different roles.

That's how it should be.

Its not how Pardew plays it though, thats the problem. He has 2 sitting in, even at home.

Yeah I can see him playing more of a

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santon

Tiote Cabaye

Sissoko

HBA-------------------- Remy

Cisse

Which is frankly a waste of the 3 central players' positives.

Tiote is more than capable of prowling the area in front of a back four, breaking up attacks and laying off the ball to MS, YC, or the fullbacks.

Cabaye should be slightly advanced to spray the balls about and dictate the tempo.

Sissoko should use his pace, power and engine to maraud up and down the pitch all day long.

Yeah I can see him playing more of a

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santon

Tiote Cabaye

Sissoko

HBA-------------------- Remy

Cisse

Which is frankly a waste of the 3 central players' positives.

Tiote is more than capable of prowling the area in front of a back four, breaking up attacks and laying off the ball to MS, YC, or the fullbacks.

Cabaye should be slightly advanced to spray the balls about and dictate the tempo.

Sissoko should use his pace, power and engine to maraud up and down the pitch all day long.

Thats how I see it going, but with Gouffran starting, cant see wee Hatem being fit,like, ever tbh.

If we do have Cabaye sitting in more, it does release Sissoko more on the counter, which is basically how we play, very defensively. Pardew was a full back, KK was a striker..go figure..

Thats how I see it going, but with Gouffran starting, cant see wee Hatem being fit,like, ever tbh.

If we do have Cabaye sitting in more, it does release Sissoko more on the counter, which is basically how we play, very defensively. Pardew was a full back, KK was a striker..go figure..

Dalglish was a striker...

Dalglish was a striker...

Big Jack..defender..

Mcfaul..goalie

Jim Smith..err...

Ossie...attacker par excellance..

Gullit... "total footballer"

Sir Bobby..1950s Ardiles :)

Souness.. psycho hacker

Roeder..defensive lump

BFCSA..ditto

Hughton...fullback..

Pardew..fullback..

doesnt look like theres any conclusins to draw other than wve been managed by a lot of defenders..

Tbf you're right. Makes me wonder how he didnt get to the WC in 86...Butcher,Alvin Martin and Terry Fenwick, he was a better footballer than fuckin the last two, thats for sure.. Fenwick probably doubled up as centre forward...

Err...he was never picked on the wing, thats a 442 which we never played after he signed.

box to box....nope. not having it. theyre scarcer than hens teeth at the top level . you need to rest in possesion nowadays. we've not had a player like that since poor old Gary Speed's legs gave up a decade ago. He's an attacker who shouldnt be asked to get back anywhere beyond his own centre circle iyam.

He did play wide right one game. So did Shola