Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He allocates about 20m a year for spend, wether it be summer or Jan.

Why has the club never spent it then?

They want to learn from the councils hoying in speed bumps all over the shop to spend their use it or lose it budget for the year.

Why has the club never spent it then?

They want to learn from the councils hoying in speed bumps all over the shop to spend their use it or lose it budget for the year.

Cause that inc everything...ie addons, agent fees, bonuses. ie a simple 5m deal in reality costs the club probs 7-8m.

Cause that inc everything...ie addons, agent fees, bonuses. ie a simple 5m deal in reality costs the club probs 7-8m.

Fair do's. That would place add ons at about 50%... They'd have to be 100% to hit this 20m figure...

post-143-137569541623_thumb.jpg

Fair do's. That would place add ons at about 50%... They'd have to be 100% to hit this 20m figure...

Can't see it bro. I'm not defending him btw...Pards is 'apparently' on a bonus reg spend and profit...

Edited by Park Life

I know he said he was willing to spend £20m a year when he put us up for sale 5 years ago. There's never been any evidence of him actually doing it though.

I'm generally happy with where he has got us financially, I'm not happy with his appointments and to some smaller degree our abilty to compete. I see us as a top 6 club.

Remy and Hatem either side/just behind a front man would be dangerous for any side.

Been thinking about the constantly since we were linked with him. Its an exciting prospect though I doubt if Pards will play them like that. Remy and HBA either side of Cisse with Cabaye behind them and Sissoko and Tiote sitting back. Would love to see that.

Been thinking about the constantly since we were linked with him. Its an exciting prospect though I doubt if Pards will play them like that. Remy and HBA either side of Cisse with Cabaye behind them and Sissoko and Tiote sitting back. Would love to see that.

That should be the template.

Pardew will probably think we're dangerously exposed playing Remy. Does he tackle back? If not he'll play him as an impact sub if we're 1 down with 10 mins to go

I dont want to go over old ground too much but just what is Sissoko supposed to do sitting (correct me if I'm worng) in front of the back 4?

I'm generally happy with where he has got us financially

I'm loathe to turn this into another financial discussion....fuck it, we're a hundred pages in and haven't signed any fucker, here's a graph....

1ex45j.jpg

I think people who are happy with the financial performance at the club are happy that the TV money we have received has grown enough to subsidise our dwindling income elsewhere.

Ashley (& Lambias) have presided over a steady decline of our commercial and matchday income, taking a third off the levels we were pulling in when he bought the club. Relegation should have been the nadir, but they have actually gotten lower since our stint in the championship. It's atrocious management of what should be an extra £20m+ income.

In comparison to the transfer policy of Shepherd, our cautious penny pinching approach has been excellent (so far). Anyone criticising the amounts previously thrown at unproven or over the hill players has to agree. But we could actually afford so much more, if they had not cheapened the brand to the extent they have.

Is that reduction in matchday revenue and commercial revenue at all common across other teams through this period? If there isn't any correlation then does anyone care to speculate as to how we could be so spectacularly moving backwards? Just plain negligence on Ashley's behalf?

Edited by OTF